Guide for T1N & NCV3 Owners: iCarSoft MB II Diagnostic Tool

Kaktusjaque

2002 Freightliner
I plan on getting this unit and software for my van. I do have another question however. I own two BMWs and have a similar software program to communicate to the computers. This software not only addresses BMW specific codes, I also allows for some DME programming. This is a screen shot of just one of many pages.

My question is, is there any program/software for the Sprinter that the consumer can obtain that can do the same? I would love to be able to turn off the DRL for example. There is no law here in the states that requires this and it wastes life on the bulbs.

GaryJ

Here since 2006
You can just pull the fuses that operate the DRLs. On my 2006 they were No. 2, 7 & 8 under the drivers seat. The license plate light is still illuminated but that was a handy feed for my wireless back up camera.

Gary

Awesome info, I'm new to site, and I am learning alot, I may have to turn off them lights. I saw a person say they have installed an back up camera on vehicle, please email me this, my 2006 2500 dodge sprinter was not equipped with it. I have read yu can't even get one installed, with that being said, not having day time running light is fine, but a wire feed through that fuse woukd power a camera and a monitor up front?

GaryJ

Here since 2006
Adventure Van,

The back up camera needs 12V, and mine is always on when the engine is running, which was the way I wanted it instead of only on when backing up. I found the feed wire to the license plate and tapped into it for the 12V. For the monitor up front you can simply plug into the dash socket or hardwire into the run circuit. I used a Peak brand 7" wireless setup (about $70 on ebay) which works very well except around other strong wireless signals on the same frequency.

Gary

marto

Trying to pull fuel rail pressure on my 2003 om612 , entering on menu 11.20 try all different options but when entering in cr common rail says version/fault code/reset code but not option to read values , I'm I doing something wrong?

Brokecanadian

2005 Cargo 2500 SHC NA
I remember it's only visible from one "actual values" screen... I also remember there's many ways to get to the info that doesn't make sense...you could enter every module and select actual values, and page thru all the screens, I'd try for you but I'm not in the van...my point is, it's there, I just can't remember which selection

marto

Re: Guide for T1N & NCV3 Owners: iCarSoft MB II Diagnostic Tool anda

Yes only in few modules I have the option of "actual values"
Bought mbII few month ago I believe it came with the updated software.

outbound

06/2500/140
would just like to PROFUSELY THANK seans for this entire thread!

as an amazingly clear, concise, enlightening writeup as any i've seen to date (on a very timely question, of mine, that i failed to note the existence of this thread on)

along with AquaP/vic for his thumbs up on the MB-ii code reader (since he's everywhere on the forum, with excellent insight, wonderfully shared, i'd very gladly add)

MAHALO!

marshroger@hotmail.com

2006,2500,118, Passenger
I am not mechanically inclined and have a disability that prevents me from doing ANY type of work on my Sprinter. That said, I want to keep it in as good a shape as possible, because this will probably be my last vehicle (unless it dies on me for some reason). I do have a very good mechanic that I trust, although they tend to be quite expensive. It is not a Mercedes garage, but they do service many sprinters.

Would it be in my best interest to have some type of scanner and learn how to use it, or would my garage just have something anyway? Although I won't be camping in my vehicle, I do plan to do some travelling, so I am concerned that I may have problems if I breakdown in a small town somewhere without a Mercedes or sprinter knowledgeable mechanic. I'm also not planning on towing anything.

I should mention that the sprinter is a 2006, 118 standard roof.

BenJohnson

2006 2500 T1N
For around home you garage, if they work on MB, "should" already have something that should, at a minimum, read and clear codes from MB systems.

For longer trips, I always carry a scanner.

Would it be in my best interest to have some type of scanner and learn how to use it, or would my garage just have something anyway? ...
First let me say that I carry what some would consider a ridiculous number of spare parts and tools in my vans. I always have and always will. So my input is biased.

My advice even to someone who is limited in the amount of DIY response would be to carry a Sprinter specific scan tool. Especially a T1N owner.

* A Sprinter friendly scan tool is under 200 bucks.

* If you can properly scan for codes that information can be posted here to get better help from the forum.

* MB Sprinters are still just a vehicle. Many shops have no reason to bear the expense of accessing the Sprinter modules. A decent mechanic with a proper scan tool may be able to help even without having Sprinter specific experience, IF you provide a scan tool.

* If you have a transmission issue the TCM will remain locked into LHM even after repairs are effected. A proper scan tool to access the TCM is needed to clear that LHM.

To be clear, I am suggesting a tool *like* the iCarsoft scan tool listed in the Scanner forum section. A ScangaugeII, Ultragauge, or other performance monitor unit will not give the capabilities needed.

:cheers: vic

tonysenes

2002 2500 T1N
Has anyone had success with downloading prior versions? I just bought one of these, but it only comes with .40 software version (not the .11 or .20). I think I need the .11 to cycle through the tests I need. Interestingly, when I select the Vito option instead of the Sprinter, I can connect to different modules. Anybody downgrade versions from what comes preloaded?

2002 2500 T1N

Brokecanadian

2005 Cargo 2500 SHC NA
Has anyone had success with downloading prior versions? I just bought one of these, but it only comes with .40 software version (not the .11 or .20). I think I need the .11 to cycle through the tests I need. Interestingly, when I select the Vito option instead of the Sprinter, I can connect to different modules. Anybody downgrade versions from what comes preloaded?

2002 2500 T1N
Not sure what the .40 software is...i bought mine with .11....it updated to .20 with the tool, keeping the .11 version...either is selectable on startup...trade you .11 and .20 for .40 if I can find the zip files....you need to use the tool (windows computer) to add...

Edit: I see BENZ has a .40 version...the .11 and .20 are Sprinter, have you used those?

Last edited:

Peluka

IN MY CASE THE PEOPLE FROM ICARSOFT ARE A BUNCH OF LIARS. I'M IN CONTACT WITH TECHNICAL SUPPORT REGARDING ACCESS TO ABS PART OF software SINCE OCTUBER 2016.THEY AGREE THERE IS A PROBLEM AN PROMISE ME TO GET BACK TO ME AS SOON THE "ENGINEERS PROGRAMERS" SOLVE THE ISSUE. IT NEVER HAPPENS AND I HAVE MORE THAN 23 EMAILS ALL WITH BULL CRAP N EXCUSES. ON MY CASE IS A WASTE OF MONEY BECAUSE TECHNICAL SUPPORT ARE JUST BS.

Last edited:

Brokecanadian

2005 Cargo 2500 SHC NA
In case that wasn't helpful, I bought from the guy recommended here, used 11.11, and selected the function with the van not moving but on. If you want wheel speeds, use one of the other modules in 11.20.

Kinda like the guy complaining that the fuel rail pressure was in bar, its in PSI under OBDII data stream. And there are 11 things you can monitor in the ZHE module for the Espar provided you turn on the espar first.

Its a Chinese tool, and a real mess to navigate, but its a GOOD Chinese tool

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Brokecanadian

2005 Cargo 2500 SHC NA
Oh don't clear the ABS module while driving, it can throw the transmission into neutral until you pull over and restart

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

jrober

For what it is worth, the iCarsoft MB II works fine on a 2017 MB Sprinter, 6 cylinder. At least it worked fine for me to scan and clear a SRS code (airbag light on after working under the driver's seat).

Dematerial

2003 T1N 2500 158 "Theseus"
Thank you for all this amazing information. I am ready to pull the trigger on the iCarSoft Mercedes/Smart MB II for use with my 2003 Freightliner 2500!

I found one on Amazon for $150!

http://a.co/iYI88th

Is this the right one, or am I missing something?

wachuko

I contacted Matt. Was going to buy one until he informed me that these do not work for a 2017 Sprinter (2018 Airstream Interstate on a 2017 3500 chassis) :frown: These work fine up to 2014 models.

I hope these get updated to work with the newer ones. In the meantime, I will just wait as I have not seen anything else that works for a 2017...

CuStOm

I just bought one off of Amazon Prime for $153 and it was worked just fine to reset my ABS light which was on due to me driving the van without a passenger seat. Mine is a 2017 chassis and 2018 model year Winnebago. I spent 15 minutes looking around and didn't see anything that didn't work properly. Obviously not a thorough analytical test but I am doubting the feedback you received about model year 2017 compatibility.

Top Bottom