Pre purchase inspection

Zelk

Pre purchase inspection ! A mate of mine was looking at a 2009 sprinter in Brisbane and as he lives in sydney he got someone to take a look at it for him. He used a mob called stateroads and was rapped with their report, he emailed me the report and pictures they took and was really impressive, turned out the van had been for a swim hence the low price so he didn't buy it.
Just thought I'd post his experience in case anyone is looking for an inspection on a car.

John

lindenengineering

Zelk
John
Good day and greetings to you Down Under in Brissie mate.
Basically I do the same and its starts at $100 US.
Often a thing called Carfax up 'n over here' helps a lot with "history" and levels the playing field for buyers when dubious salesman "verbals" cloud the issue.

I picked up a Prius inspection recently that had a strange smell in the car, turned out it had been in a hurricane and had been washed out as salvage.

Hey stay in touch and do some contributions, we like to read stuff from you blokes now and again (at least I do) from your part of the world including Altered Sprinter down there in Tasmania quietly sipping Auzzie Malt whiskey I suppose .:thumbup:
Cheers Dennis

Zelk

Gidday Dennis
Being a retired mechanic I get family and friends always asking for advice when buying a car or even if I can go with them to take a look, the truth is with today's technology on vehicles you need scanners and all sorts of head gasket checks etc to be able to do so.
When I had a look at the inspection report that my mate had done by STATEROADS INSPECTIONS I was amazed at the level they had gone to, there was a diagnostic scan, head gasket check, they even measured the paint thickness on the van. I had seen other reports over the years from the racq nrma over here and the stateroads inspection is definitely a different kettle of fish, they certainly are worth a mention.

John

Top Bottom