What's your Sprinter Dream

downunder

This thread could likely be placed almost anywhere, however mine is to one day have a Sprinter 4x4 and ideally with the 7 speed auto.
2nd and most eagerly awaited -
Hoping that Glasseye and Mein Sprinter both hit the road soon and each put up another wonderful Adventure spread, photos and commentary for all to see!
Sure that there will be many who agree on the 2nd wish.
Regards

Jody

I'd love to be able to order a brand new 2005 LWB HT (before they added too much unreliable electronics!)

It'd have, from the factory

Air suspended swivel captains chairs
Electric windows and C/L
Window in the side door
and I'd also want a up and over rear door (though I'm pretty sure these were never available for the high top, but it's a dream so anything goes!)

Then I could set about kitting it the same as my current one but using what I learnt from my work so far, the new one would be a cheaper, easier better conversion !

lindenengineering

My Sprinter dream is finding tech guys who know how to fix and understand how MB's tick including the medium duty W9000 series and Allison transmissions found in Freightliners like the M2!

If they had Landrover savvy knowledge it would be a plus!:thumbup:
That demands having electrical knowledge on how to fix some of this stuff we see not working.

With pay scales up to $75K per year for top producers all I seem to be able to find these days are what the Indians would call Punkawallahs.

The other dreams is that MB along with the other German auto makers adopt a Toyota
approach to service and parts info and like a scan program called the Techstream.
But the latter is a pipe dream, with never bring the sunshine!:rolleyes:
Not asking a lot.
Dennis

hayduke

2005/2006 leisure travel
The other dreams is that MB along with the other German auto makers adopt a Toyota
approach to service and parts info and like a scan program called the Techstream.
But the latter is a pipe dream, with never bring the sunshine!:rolleyes:
Not asking a lot.
Dennis
Since the germans arent going to do that,Id like my next big van to be a Toyota

pilotarix

Since the germans arent going to do that,Id like my next big van to be a Toyota

mhhhh :hmmm: interesting, so far I was not aware that Toyota is selling big vans in this country, can't even remember to have seen one in Europe. I do know that they sell mini vans and family vans but big vans, could be an interesting option. Could you please point me to a website or a picture of a big Toyota van?

Thanks
Chris

hayduke

2005/2006 leisure travel
mhhhh :hmmm: interesting, so far I was not aware that Toyota is selling big vans in this country, can't even remember to have seen one in Europe. I do know that they sell mini vans and family vans but big vans, could be an interesting option. Could you please point me to a website or a picture of a big Toyota van?

Thanks
Chris
I dont know how to photograph a dream

david_42

I want add-on hub motors for the front wheels, 5-6 hp would be plenty, I just want 4x4 operation at low speeds.

tomd4s

My 2010 with a GDE tune in it.
I am hoping for the same thing flman. After the emissions warranty runs out, it's gonna cost a fortune in emissions related parts. Right now my 2011 has the cough stumble and DEF tank heater error codes . I am due for my CT. state emissions test , anyone know if DEF tank heater code will effect emissions test?

lindenengineering

I am hoping for the same thing flman. After the emissions warranty runs out, it's gonna cost a fortune in emissions related parts. Right now my 2011 has the cough stumble and DEF tank heater error codes . I am due for my CT. state emissions test , anyone know if DEF tank heater code will effect emissions test?
If the CEL is on it fails in some states.
If they (state gubbermint) require all the monitors closed it fails on that score as well.
Check what applies where you live.
Dennis

powderhound

Power windows that I can operate without use of the key/ignition.....planning the modification now. Any input/help would be great...

Do I wire existing switches to work off house battery?

OR

Do I add additional switches in rear of coach or on the dashboard console (T1N Shifter area).

Sorry, response might not be appropriate to the intent of the thread.

Thanks anyway!

-Rich

downunder

Hi Rich,
I don't mind where this thread goes so there is no 'wrong' dream as such.
Dennis, I have had 2 Toyota Hiace's as work vehicles.
Both ultra reliable, cheap to keep on the road etc but the last (and current body shape) was a dud drive.
I knew it as soon as I drove it off the new yard. I changed to a Sprinter mainly for safety reasons, and what a great drive it is!
A pipe dream would be for Lexus to build RV's; now they would be amongst the best.
Glad that I am not the only dreamer as well.
Regards to all.

flman

I have been trying to get Malone to do a tune, they are tough to get a hold of. Well they were on holiday the past month, and I contacted a few dealers but none have ever worked with a Sprinter, but one of them said Malone have done some Sprinter tunes.

http://malonetuning.com/

Give them a shout. :thumbup:

4wheels

There is a guy who does expediting with his 2010 Sprinter . It has a tune and NO DEF . There is over 300k (I spoke with his in-law just yesterday ) on his van and it is super reliable . No codes , no hiccups, no DEF , no EGR , no DPF . I have 2014 and that tune is not available YET .
2010 2011 vans - what are you guys waiting for ?

tomd4s

I have been trying to get Malone to do a tune, they are tough to get a hold of. Well they were on holiday the past month, and I contacted a few dealers but none have ever worked with a Sprinter, but one of them said Malone have done some Sprinter tunes.

http://malonetuning.com/

Give them a shout. :thumbup:
Thanks flman , I just sent them my info and asked if they had anything in the works for my blue tech dog.

tomd4s

There is a guy who does expediting with his 2010 Sprinter . It has a tune and NO DEF . There is over 300k (I spoke with his in-law just yesterday ) on his van and it is super reliable . No codes , no hiccups, no DEF , no EGR , no DPF . I have 2014 and that tune is not available YET .
2010 2011 vans - what are you guys waiting for ?
So who does this miracle tune 4wheels?

Top Bottom