power windows

principal

My 2015 has the express down function, and it has the "detent" in the switch that would indicate an express up function as well... except it doesn't. Can the dealer program the switch to give my that functionality... really! it can't be that difficult now can it?

sailquik

principal,
Yes, it can be that difficult!
It's a safety feature to prevent you from catching your dog, or your child, or someone sitting in the passenger seat
in the rapidly closing window going fully closed.
You could conceivably still catch or injure you pet/child/co drivers arm, but when they yell, you would
release the window up button.
With the express function......Ouch! and potential death of child or pet, severe arm back injury to co driver.
Imagine them jammed up at the top of the window....just hanging there...while you figure out how to get the
window back down.
Not a pretty scenario!
The window closes from full open to fully closed in a matter of a few seconds....I'll take the safer route,
it's not a lot of time.
Roger

Last edited:

johnshmit

This is not implemented in NAFTA Sprinters driver door control module firmware. So the answer is no, sorry. Will have to be a custom mod.

glas1700

Many cars have an automatic "up" switch for the driver's window, including our Honda CR-V, so I don't know why a Sprinter is any different.

johnshmit

So does Sprinter, but that option is not available in US or Canada. Convenience package would store your windows, sunroof, seat, steering wheel positions as well as radio and hvac settings based on your key, close all windows when you leave and restore everything when you back.
I have a wiring diagrams. Imagine a legal nightmare if they sell it in US or Canada.

Last edited:

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
Many cars have an automatic "up" switch for the driver's window, including our Honda CR-V, so I don't know why a Sprinter is any different.
These vehicles & others have a built-in safety mechanism that stops & reverses the window when it senses excessive pressure/resistance during the express up operation.

Obviously MB did not implement this pressure sensor in Sprinters. Probably, as has already been mentioned, due to possible legal actions, not to mention the extra expense of installing the pressure sensors. Don't forget the Sprinter is a commercial vehicle at heart, with a minimum of 'bells & whistles', at least in the base models.

Top Bottom