Carpet

Virider

Eating over the carpet area soils it. Tried to remove it but seems glued in place. Lovely when new, now not so nice. Anyone successfully remove the carpet? Replace with wood, tile, Lino?
Sprinter 2008 PW Plateau TS
Cheers Ernie

It's going to be hard to remove it as it goes under the sofa all the way back. The new ones come with a removable carpet there. I ordered my 2006 without carpet and it's so much nicer tend easier to keep clean.
BTW, most PW owners are not on here. The main group is on Yahoo and you'll get more response over there.

Virider

Thanks. I would try to cut out just the floor area ahead of the sofa but am afraid of creating a mess as it is firmly glued in place.
Re the yahoo Pleasure Way group, is that not almost exclusively ford or GM based rather than Sprinter?

We have a lot of owners on there and there are a bunch of Sprinter owners for for the Plateaus and Ascents. There are getting more and more sprinter owners on there since now more PW models are being built on the Sprinter chassis. With the exception of the chassis itself, there are a lot of commonalities since all the house part is built very similar, so usually how something is done is pretty universal. Like your carpet question. They all pretty much have carpet installed, so how PW does that is a company thing, not a vehicle thing, so if someone took the carpet out in their Excel for instance, it should be the same process you'd need to use.
Anyways, if you do try and take the carpet out, I doubt there's anything but the subfloor underneath. Some manufactures put linoleum everywhere first, then mount the carpet on top of it, but I'm not sure if PW does that. You might consider a call to the factory to ask about how you'd go about doing it.

Virider

It would be nice if one could get feedback from Pleasure Way. I emailed both sales and parts departments three weeks ago with questions about paint code for gold firerglass skirts, and several other questions specific to my Pleasure Way Plateau TS. Unfortunately and quite surprisingly, no response from the factory emails listed on their current web site contacts.

Hi Ernie,

You can get your paint code from the attached photo from the yahoo owners group. (I hope it worked). There's a couple other photos of paint codes there also.
The best way to contact the factory is to call. There's a phone number on the website. They're on central time.

Attachments

Virider

Thanks . Which would be the skirts-running boards? Taupe DBC 61506 or the SAND IN A MULTITUDE OF NUMBERS.
When I google ppg and the code i get little of value.
Thanks for the image though.
I can't believe Pleasure Way is so uncooperative about such simple customer support questions ad what colour is part of my van, it needs touching up?
Why do they list contacts then not bother to respect them. If i had his email i would contact the owner. They make great product videos.
Cheers
Ernie

I'm really surprised you're having such a hard time getting ahold of them. From what I've heard, they're really responsive. Thankfully I haven't had problems or issues with mine to cause a call or email except once when I was a new owner and when I shut off my generator, it tripped the main 30A breaker and I suddenly had no 12V power. A quick call and it was fixed. It is not uncommon to get the owner on the phone when one of the main guys is busy or out of office. Give them a call and leave your name and number if you need to and they'll call you back. Ask for Phil, but I think he usually answers if he's not busy himself.
Yes, the skirts are usually the coloured fibreglass around the bottom of the vehicle. The body usually is another colour, often white, but silver is also common. I'm not sure about a gold body. I don't think I've seen one like that.

Top Bottom