Roadtrek Cabinet Mod

Mein Sprinter

Known member
I like what you did. You might know the answer to a related question. I would like to mount drawer sliders to the floor in each of the bottom 2 cabinets. Do you know the thickness of the flooring so that I use the proper length screw?

Thanks

Hmmnn...really don't know the plywood thickness as I didn't need to access it. I'd assume it's at least 3/8"!

I replaced my entire linoleum floors with left over bamboo flooring planks atop the plywood where I had to shave the thickness of the bamboo at several places for appendages to be opened....I would say the plywood is indeed 3/8". :idunno:

cheers...

Rv4dog

Hello

Nice work and photos Mein! I have enjoyed all your posts.

Question, I would like to replace damaged linoleum on my Agile. How much work is there to remove or raise cabinets to install flooring, or should I just butt up to cabinets? I really do not want to deal with utilities.

Also, I plan to build a cabinet to hang between upper wall cabinet and counter, where the spice rack is.
What is the material and structure behind the upholstery? Would the wall support the cabinet? Otherwise I plan to have the cabinet dirt on counter on rubbermade drawer liner, and s crew into top cabinet.

Thanks, and look forward to new posts.

Rvdog

Mein Sprinter

Known member
Hello

Nice work and photos Mein! I have enjoyed all your posts.

Question, I would like to replace damaged linoleum on my Agile. How much work is there to remove or raise cabinets to install flooring, or should I just butt up to cabinets? I really do not want to deal with utilities.

Also, I plan to build a cabinet to hang between upper wall cabinet and counter, where the spice rack is.
What is the material and structure behind the upholstery? Would the wall support the cabinet? Otherwise I plan to have the cabinet dirt on counter on rubbermade drawer liner, and s crew into top cabinet.

Thanks, and look forward to new posts.

Rvdog
Hi Rvdog...

Regarding the removal of the linoleum floor----, the linoleum is spread underneath and beyond the furniture so you'd best remove it within the exact line-up with the furniture walls; exactly trail along the vertical walls of the bunks. Then exactly fit your new flooring at the cuts. You will not have to raise any furniture but might have to shave/plane some of the new flooring material(bamboo; wood; composite) to fit areas underneath(Refrigerator; 2 bottom drawers below the Microwave oven), etc.

Use this linoleum knife for removing the lino flooring material..

The small wall area below the cabinet and back of the spice rack is constructed of regular plywood backing/fiberboard panels that are covered with felt. The plywood backing can be used to fasten with what you intend to do but NOT the fiberboard felt panel(too thin and weak).

Hope this helps..

cheers...

Rv4dog

Hi Mein Sprinter

Thanks for the quick reply.

That's what I thought...
Okay all I need Is a cool day to work in the rig.

Thanks again,

Fr8rcapt

The first thing I inquired on regarding our new TS (two captains seats behind the driver and passenger seats) was how to remove them to provide more cargo space. I was told by the tech at the dealer we purchased them from that it was impossible these days. All seat mounts must now be welded to the frame, no more bolts. You can remove the seat portion, but the frame requires a blow torch I understand.

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
Yes, but if you install the GDE tune 1st, it would go much smoother, as you would get there faster, with more torque, and the EGR would not be making the van cough, and you might not have to stop at the dealer. :tongue:

Top Bottom