conversion company questions

hickman

r.v. Interiors
Hi All,
I'm the owner of R.V. Interiors and Custom Woodworking in San Diego, Calif. I have 27 years experiance building out motorhomes and vans. I would like to help with any Questions you have and also have lines on meterial manufactures. I'm not looking for any work just like to help out if at all possable. I have hundreds of pics of jobs and there is'nt much I haven't run into. Hope some of my answers to your posts will help
Thanks

hickman

r.v. Interiors
Yup, Did a unit for a customer awhile back But, he was a skier and needed it. Not sure which model it was and he had another company do the fuel hookup as he had a full tank. It was a pretty cool unit and we had to custom make a frame rail bracket for the location we put it in.
Do you have a question about it?

hickman

r.v. Interiors
Yes, we did their interior. As far as the pricing goes, we can, in most cases do a unit for less then Sportsmobile. However, it all depends on the buildout materials. The unique thing about our company is that we build what the customer wants. Each interior is a "One of a Kind" and is built to your specifications.
We just started a new Spinter interior today and we will be doing a time lapse video from our GoPro camera so we will post it as soon as we can.

About the espar D5 hydronic install. I know where mine will be mounted under the floor as it came in a killer steel case so mostly I need help hooking up the plumbing. I would like to bring it to you for a look and an opinion if I knew where you are. Thanks.

hickman

r.v. Interiors
Im at 2739 Via Orange way #103 Spring Valley Ca, 91978 and Im at the shop most of the time. My # is (619) 417-5224. There are Espar sites that will answer most Questions you have about the plumbing if you look or just call and let me know when you can stop by if your in San Diego thanks

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
Frosty: I have a similiar curtain rod. I think mine came from Lowes. They have a selection of rods better known as paint roller extension rods. Just modified the ends by adding a wood dowell in each end. Dowell plugs into an eyebolt with a rubber grommet to stop any rattles. Works very well. If you will be at Sprinterfest Saturday, you can look at it.

M&D

Hickman, what do you do or suggest for insulation. Im on the east coast, in Maryland. I have a new 2500 MB cargo van with windows in the sliding door, the wall behind the driver's seat and the back doors. I will actually be around San Diego in early May. I might look you up.

dodger413

Sorry for putting this post in here, as it doesn't really fit.

the tv show West Coast Customs has been running an episode where they build a mobile office for the owner. it's a 170 3500 hi top all window. it has some good ideas and plus they really tear it apart, but the show moves too fast to be of any actual help in how-to info.

just in case anyone's interested. oh, on the Velocity channel.

hickman

r.v. Interiors
Frosty_1, I use a curtian track that has to have a curtian tape sawn into the top and bottom of the fabric. It works great because it allows for a close and tight fit to the window. If you go to our website (still under construction) and click on the catalog link it will take you to our parts distributer and you can see as well as order direct from the distributer. our site rviwoodworks.com

hickman

r.v. Interiors
M&D There are alot of insulations out there and everyone seems to have an idea of whats best. If I were going to insulate it I would use a product called reflectrix (from Home Depot) and then put an R-13 fiberglass insulation to stop any sweating. With both you should be good and protected from the elemants. Hope this helps
P.S. will put some pics of this up monday as we have just finished insulating a sprinter thats in the shop now.

Top Bottom