Levelizers/stabilizers

chromisdesigns

I'm looking for advice regarding levelers and/or stabilizers for my 2009 Fleetwood Pulse RV. Thanks.
Weigh it loaded for the road with all your gear, you and your mate(s) before you do anything else. You may well find it's already at or over GVWR. There is a guy in our storage with one and he and I are always swapping weight stories, we are both right at the limit with our rigs.

You might get away with stabilizers, but probably an active leveling system is going to weigh too much. It wasn't possible on our rig.

daviszoo

I got my 2009 Icon 24D at an RV show. I was lucky enough to talk at length with a Fleetwood representative before buying it. He said Fleetwood strongly advises not to add stabilizers to these models because "they can torque the body of the RV". Guess it's not made strong enough to handle a twist should you push the wrong button, lol.

MeRob

I would suggest that unless you are considering 4X4ing with it, any appreciable twisting would be a problem that would probably affect the operation of your slide(s). (leaking in the rain being one of them) Since the purpose of levellers is to enable you to easily park in a level non-twisted configuration his 'twisting' explanation doesn't make sense. The best reason for discouraging a levelling system is WEIGHT! Levellers are heavy! Check out your GVWR. You will no doubt find that you don't have much, if any, room legally... for more weight. You'll be packing Bud Lites from now on. Small price to pay for an excellent RV. Enjoy it!

Top Bottom