Sprintshift pump repair

kayakkingoz

After finding that Merc dealer wanted $1430 for new pump (part only, Not installed) I found & joined this site looking for a cheaper alternative. I did find cheaper brand new pump $690 + GST from accessparts.com.au
I decided to take the pump apart. Not so hard. Using vice grip pliers I bent the tabs out only a little bit each, The casing pulls straight out & off, Could smell that electrical "burnt" smell. Also could see that 1 armature winding had burnt. I took the armature to Kenshaw electric motors at Cardiff. They sent it away to somewhere in Brisbane & had it rewound. $180 + GST later & I had it back. Put motor back together, bench tested it & it worked. Put pump back in van. Replaced blown 40A fuse. Started motor, selected gear, Great, it moved. Done a few laps of the block, no probs. Changed hydraulic oil Using Penrite LDVS. Took it for a 20km drive changing from 5th to to 6th to 5th to 6th etc alot so pump would be working. No probs. Went to Syd & back this week , No probs. Fixed & happy
Reason pump had burnt out was the Bushing / bearing had seized, I cleaned up shaft & reoiled bushing. Hope this story helps someone else to sort out their problem cheaply.
Its not so hard to take pump out. Just need 8mm & 10mm torx socket , Small torx driver bit set , 10mm open end spanner (wrench for you Americans). Leave pipework connected to pump & undo pipe at other end. Bottom pipe just pulls off fitting
Big thanks to Iggy66 for helping me out with great advice :thumbup:

NORTON

Great work, the more information passed on about Sprintshift the better.
Perhaps you could post it in T1N write ups to make more accessable for the future.
Thanks murray

Top Bottom