Tilt Steering

AVService

I emailed them over and over trying to find out EXACTLY what it was and what was included and they would not say?
I suggested it was a few bolts,washers and maybe some sort of trim part but they assured me I was wrong,but again they wouldn't say how?
They even kept saying they didn't understand how they could help me,what a moron.

Beware.
Ed

rb3232

A while back I was able to cancel my order (when I found out on this forum that one could reposition the steering wheel with a couple of longer bolts) by stating that the kit is not tilt steering just a reposition. I got my money back and the order was canceled. Yes, Beware. Ross

AVService

All I found here before about this was a warning that the kit may be just a few common parts.
That is why I attempted to contact the seller and ask exactly what was supplied.

My warning is based on the fact that they simply would not give me any info at all about this while pretending they were being helpful.

So while it was implied that this is the contents of the "Kit" we still do not know for sure?

I know enough for me and I will warn anyone I can about any seller who refuses to....."sell".

Jsloane

and his elephants
Months ago I posted the same question about the same kit and was directed to this definitive thread: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2677&highlight=steering

Just follow the simple instructions and you can DIY to your complete satisfaction. Changing the steering-wheel angle will reduce some of your knee-room but can result in a vastly improved hand & arm position on the wheel. I'd just like to add this to the instructions: use Locktight on the bolts or something similar.

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
this old chestnut again:laughing:.yea 45 bucks for 2 bolts and a pair of washers is a ripoff.:thumbdown:
they should be reported/banned/shot and maybe hanged for good measure.
max........:crazy:

Jcc52sprinter

A few months ago I bought on Ebay the tilting kit I believe you guys are talking about in this thread. What a great deal! :rad:I could never find this quality of product from any hardware style store. This kit is imported and what a steal I thought. Driving my Sprinter is a pleasure again...

Last edited:

bc339

Could you provide any details of your kit, please? Contents, photos, data - anything to support or disprove what others have found.

Just keep it "Fair and Balanced".

Bruce

Gears,
Maybe the kit seller will just create some new log ins for even more positive comments.:tongue: I fixed his first post below.:popcorn: vic

A few months ago I bought on Ebay the tilting kit I believe you guys are talking about in this thread. What a great deal this is for me! My profit margin on these kits is through the roof!! :rad:I could never find this quality of product from any hardware style store and still make my money selling these kits. This kit is imported and what a steal I thought. (After Max's post I think that about your kit too.:hmmm:) Driving my Sprinter is a pleasure again... ("Again?" If the kit is so all important to your driving pleasure, without ever having it before how was driving ever good previously for comparison?:idunno:)

AVService

A few months ago I bought on Ebay the tilting kit I believe you guys are talking about in this thread. What a great deal! :rad:I could never find this quality of product from any hardware style store. This kit is imported and what a steal I thought. Driving my Sprinter is a pleasure again...
Like I said before,I was unable to get a single simple question answered about this kit from you after asking over and over and over?
Give us a break,Please!

Ed

Jcc52sprinter

Fellas, Fellas - take it easy! a simple comment should not erupt into a conspiracy. I'm not the seller, just a buyer. I'll try to post some pics down the road.

Joe

Fellas, Fellas - take it easy! a simple comment should not erupt into a conspiracy. I'm not the seller, just a buyer. I'll try to post some pics down the road.

Joe
Well that just bites. We were just starting to have fun.:laughing:

Pics would be nice. Maybe they'll help show why the price is where it is. vic

Rocketsled

Re: Tilt Steering bought it...Please don't....

Hello anyone considering this kit...

I bought it.. I was deceived.. It can be duplicated for about $10.00 bolts from local hardware store go for $2.75... M10s or 12s I think 40MM...Grade 8s for that price.....The spacers are about 1.5" thick.....You could stack washers or cut some tubing.. or use a couple shock absorber spacer tubes like the ones used for the eyelet type shocks(they go in the rubber bushing to prevent overcrushing the rubber bushings)..This works as well..if you have a couple laying around...

The kit also includes a long piece of foam ..gray, open cell about 3"X3" X26" that you are told to fill the gap that is created at the top of the column...available at Home Cheapo for 5-6 bucks (you get about 10 FT...) in the insulation area near weatherstripping...

IF you are not a mechanical person and the convenience of a kit is desirable... and you are willing to PAY for the convenience.. to the tune of an extra $40 or $50 bucks.. the kit is for you....

They are supposedly made in Germany.. Likely are..but it is NOT a tilt wheel kit.. I was going to leave negative feedback...

I should also note:: I removed the kit after 2 days and put mine back to stock..My thighs did not fit under the wheel with the kit installed..This might be the seats I have.. 10 Way GMC Denali buckets.. which sit a little higher(1/2") than the stock seats...I am 6'4" with a 34" inseam... Less dimensionally excessive individuals would likely have enough room.

Reminds me of the mail order only, dormitory sized clothes dryer, advertized in the college newspaper for $ 99.95.

The kit contained 12 ft of 1/4" rope and two eye hooks.

And no, I did not buy it, but my blonde girlfriend did.

bc339

Re: Tilt Steering bought it...Please don't....

Hello anyone considering this kit...

I bought it.. I was deceived.. It can be duplicated for about $10.00 bolts from local hardware store go for $2.75... M10s or 12s I think 40MM...Grade 8s for that price.....The spacers are about 1.5" thick.....You could stack washers or cut some tubing.. or use a couple shock absorber spacer tubes like the ones used for the eyelet type shocks(they go in the rubber bushing to prevent overcrushing the rubber bushings)..This works as well..if you have a couple laying around...

The kit also includes a long piece of foam ..gray, open cell about 3"X3" X26" that you are told to fill the gap that is created at the top of the column...available at Home Cheapo for 5-6 bucks (you get about 10 FT...) in the insulation area near weatherstripping...

IF you are not a mechanical person and the convenience of a kit is desirable... and you are willing to PAY for the convenience.. to the tune of an extra $40 or $50 bucks.. the kit is for you....

They are supposedly made in Germany.. Likely are..but it is NOT a tilt wheel kit.. I was going to leave negative feedback...

I should also note:: I removed the kit after 2 days and put mine back to stock..My thighs did not fit under the wheel with the kit installed..This might be the seats I have.. 10 Way GMC Denali buckets.. which sit a little higher(1/2") than the stock seats...I am 6'4" with a 34" inseam... Less dimensionally excessive individuals would likely have enough room.
So, are you saying your Sprinter is a pleasure to drive again?
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Bruce

Jcc52sprinter

Fellas,

The tilt kit is a great deal. Not all owners have the time to search around to find the correct parts. I have not found parts (like what is included) at a Home Depot. I would never use home center quality parts (made for lawn mowers or deck construction) on my van that were not proven to work safely. I would not want to be under my dash trying to figure what parts will or will not do the job. This kit was installed in under 40 minutes with no guesswork. German aftermarket engineering at its best - stainless steel and aircraft aluminum material. The price of $45 (with free shipping) was more than fair for what I received. The wheel position is much more comfortable. Glad I bought it. A local delivery company saw it in my van and ordered a few kits for there Sprinters. Something must be working...

Let put this one to bed.

Joe

Last edited:

NormL

It is only fair to see piktars so that each of us can make their own assessment. I am not alone in this belief ...

Top Bottom