Inside Rear View Mirror

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
'13/14 Winnebago View Profile .....

There's no rear view mirror on the windshield. Do they all come like that??????? :frown:

(Yes... useless for outside or behind the big 'house' behind the cab. But you can keep an eye on things in the back room......) :thumbup:

viewmaster

Mine has the bracket attached to the windshield, but no mirror.
I'd love to get a mirror that attaches to it.
Any easy sources?

sailquik

viewmaster,
What year model is your Sprinter?
With that and your VIN # I will look up the MB Part number and you can go to your
closest authorized Mercedes Benz dealer and order the mirror and all it's OEM attaching
components.
Plus I will return a .PDF file to the email address you provide via PM above that details
all the components (by serial number for the major subassemblies) that went into building your
Sprinter.
The Part number for a 2012 NCV3 170" Cargo Sprinter is A 639 810 0517
With your VIN# we can get you the actual part that was designed for your Sprinter.
Roger

Last edited:

viewmaster

FYI
part number provided me was:

A 639 810 0517

I haven't ordered one to see if any issues arise with it, but when I do, I'll update here.

Old Crows

I looked into a mirror and found an inexpensive (compared to MB) add on..... fantastic! It was until I realized the mirror won't work! We have the acord-dine style window blinds..... You can't have an inside mirror and the blinds. The mirror interferes with the blind's closing

Butch50

Butch
I looked into a mirror and found an inexpensive (compared to MB) add on..... fantastic! It was until I realized the mirror won't work! We have the acord-dine style window blinds..... You can't have an inside mirror and the blinds. The mirror interferes with the blind's closing
I was thinking of getting a mirror also as the bracket is already there and then I noticed the front blinds would not work with the rear view mirror. So much for that thought. I like the blinds better than needing a rear view mirror.

Old Crows

I was thinking of getting a mirror also as the bracket is already there and then I noticed the front blinds would not work with the rear view mirror. So much for that thought. I like the blinds better than needing a rear view mirror.
Amen!:thumbup::cheers:

dtbrimhall

We have a 2010 ERA with the REMI blinds and the mirror. The blinds do close but you have to move the mirror a bit to accomplish the task. We would love to find and extension post (or something) to move the mirror away from the windshield about one more inch. That way we could close the blinds without upsetting the mirror adjustment.

awaywego

2008 NCV3 2500
We have a 2010 ERA with the REMI blinds and the mirror. The blinds do close but you have to move the mirror a bit to accomplish the task. We would love to find and extension post (or something) to move the mirror away from the windshield about one more inch. That way we could close the blinds without upsetting the mirror adjustment.
2010 ERA here as well and I agree...rearview mirror has to be tilted to face down a slight bit so that the accordion blinds can shut flush.

rtwerk222, do you really use the mirror for anything other than looking in the van at passengers/pets/beer cooler in the back? I keep my rear blinds shut at all times and use only the side mirrors for driving...works just fine and I hardly use the rear view except to check on the kid in the back watching TV as I drive.

dtbrimhall

Yes I do use the mirrors on a regular basis, I'm a creature of habit I suppose. When we break camp we stow the blinds and reposition the mirror, I use the mirror in conjunction with the back-up camera. On the road, the rear view mirror helps me determine the traffic immediately behind me.

glastar

Interesting. I have a 2013 Era on a Sprinter frame. It came with both the blinds and a mirror. I need to move the mirror to the right to close the blinds, then when opening the blinds, I return the mirror to its normal position. It's easy. The blinds miss the mirror and click closed. Perhaps MB changed the mirror to accommodate the blinds (or changed the blinds to accommodate the mirror).

rensom

I have a new question in this vein.

How do I remove the mirror from ball joint?

Is there a trick or am I just not pulling hard enough? I want the mirror removed but the windshield attachment to stay so that I can use the ball for my GPS.

Thanks for any help.

Top Bottom