Horn fuse #7 start error

312d

hi guys I expect someone better educated than me on electric issues could help me:
OM 611, I had a number #7 blown fuse, so I couldn't start the engine due to skreem, and a start error display, so I traced this to the horn, I disconnected the horn and now it is running again without horn with a new fuse. When I changed the fuse and tried to crank the fuse again immediately blown again
So now I am trying to troubleshoot the cause, how would I know if the short is on the horn itself or in the wiring ?
I took away the drivers seat and tested the #2 relay if it was ok, and it seems to be ok.
would this be the clock spring?
Please can you give some ideas how to test with a multimeter what is wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Eric Experience

Eduardo.
If you connect a test lamp to the horn wires and press the horn then if it lights up you know it is the horn if the fuse blows you know it is the wiring. Eric.

The clockspring switches the negative side so failure there will not blow the fuse. A harness problem could cause the symptoms you describe. Check as Eric suggests.

vic

hi guys I expect someone better educated than me on electric issues could help me:
OM 611, I had a number #7 blown fuse, so I couldn't start the engine due to skreem, and a start error display, so I traced this to the horn, I disconnected the horn and now it is running again without horn with a new fuse. When I changed the fuse and tried to crank the fuse again immediately blown again
So now I am trying to troubleshoot the cause, how would I know if the short is on the horn itself or in the wiring ?
I took away the drivers seat and tested the #2 relay if it was ok, and it seems to be ok.
would this be the clock spring?
Please can you give some ideas how to test with a multimeter what is wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Hey where did you disconnect the horn? At the steering or at the fender?

Top Bottom