Swivel Sunshade and Overhead Console

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
Still, I had to tug on mine quite a bit to get it to unlatch. Maybe it can be adjusted?? Never bothered to look.

SprinterUSA1
You guys are using the interior handle to close the slider as opposed to the exterior handle correct?

Those shelves look nice for the NCV3 but I would not try and retrofit them into the T1N. Just my :2cents:

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Enrico,

T1N owners will need to add mounting brackets left, right and center.
The slots in the headliner above the existing shades are just for plastic tabs AFAIK.

The rosen aircraft visor system could be easily adapted for the Sprinter.

Unfortunately anything aviation is unbelievably expensive
Anybody with metalworking skills here? :thinking:

Cheers
George

I drew up a quick diagramm of the basic system:

Attachments

Hi Sikwan,

I have been lurking on this site for several months now and am very appreciative of the information I have found here.
I didn't notice this obvious DC oversite when I test drove my '05, since it was a cloudy day.
I had this idea a few weeks ago after looking at a 2007. It definitely is not a direct replacement, not even close. I did buy the unit from Hartzeim and made it work, at least somewhat. It took some metal fabrication of a bracket that I attached to the 2 mounting points exposed when the original is removed. I also had to cut a hole in the liner to accept the swivel. The pull handle cannot be used, since there is no support behind the left most mount and the corner one goes no where at the moment. I did accomplish what I set out to do, however. Now my shade swivels! Unfortunately, I cannot begin to document this process, since it was completely free form, using materials I had lying around.

Good Luck.

Bob

The FishKeeper

Attachments

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Someone has already beaten me to it! :yell: :smirk:

Thanks Bob for the pictures and coming our of lurk mode to show us! :clapping:

Funny that my visit was to Hartzhiem too.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I drew up a quick diagramm of the basic system:
Do you think you could use a Ram Mount for your articulated arm, George?

I've use one for my GPS while dirt riding and it's very sturdy. Plus you won't have to fabricate anything, although it won't look at slick as your design. :smirk:

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Do you think you could use a Ram Mount for your articulated arm, George?
I've use one for my GPS while dirt riding and it's very sturdy. Plus you won't have to fabricate anything, although it won't look at slick as your design. :smirk:
he, he, he, Seek

I'm pretty sure a Ram mount would work, but I like the thought of the metal monorail (maybe because I have that at work?)

I can't take credit for the design thought Rosen came up with that (Rosen visors are in just about any airliner made in the Americas: Boeing, Bombardier, Embraer and many twins and singles)

Cheers
George

Hi Seek,

I had a feeling you spend some time at Hartzeim. I have seen you on 85 once or twice. Not too many blue Sprinters running around here! We need to hook up one of these days. I have made numerous upgrades to my van and would like a real expert to critique them.

Bob

The FishKeeper

sikwan

06 Tin Can
:shhh: Don't tell my wife. :laughing: I know of one other Jasper Blue Sprinter 140 running around, but it doesn't have tinted windows and I think it's a cargo. I'm hardly on 85, almost never, so maybe there's another one?

I'm far (very, very, far) from being an expert. I learn everything from everyone here, including you. :thumbup:

EDIT: Altered Richard is the residential expert. :smirk:

SprinterUSA1

You guys are using the interior handle to close the slider as opposed to the exterior handle correct?
Scott,

did most of the time but you can push or pull the door anywhere you want, since it does not have a positive latch like the NCV3.

SprinterUSA1

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Bob (FishKeeper):

Do you happen to have the part numbers for the shelves and the sunshades?

I don't know what I was thinking by not asking for the part numbers when I was there. No sweat if you can't find it. I'll just have to visit the dealer again.

Thanks,
Seek

Hi Seek,

I agree, Richard is a great expert, but I don't plan on being in his neck of the woods anytime soon!
Here is my receipt. The 3rd item is RedLine fuel additive. I deal with Tony and he always gives me a good deal.
Also, I don't believe these parts are available on newmoparparts.com yet, at least I could not find them.

Regards,

Bob H.

The FishKeeper

Attachments

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I have some more information...

1GY43KDV-AA Visor (left)
1GY42KDV-AA Visor (right)

1HA97XDV-AA Tray (left)
1HA98XDV-AA Tray (right)

---message from Caldwell Dodge---
The right side tray is part# 1HA98XDVAA The trays cost $71.02ea.
The right side visor is part# 1GY42KDVAA and the visors cost $38.30ea.

Since these are not the correct parts for your vehicle they will not be returnable if they do not work.
---message from Caldwell Dodge---

Link for Caldwell Dodge. It's not online, so I had to email them.

Tax for me is around $19 if I went to Hartzheim, so hopefully shipping will not be that expensive. I'll have to check newmoparparts.com

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Never mind then. Guess you really want more than just the swivel visor.
Thanks. I still appreciate the help. I just want it to look as oem as possible.

Got in contact with newmoparparts.com and their price was the same as the above except shipping would be $22 rather than $50. Still a little hefty for shipping shelves and sunshades, but overall it's cheaper and I still have to wait a week. Maybe if it was a stocked item shipping wouldn't be so expensive. They told me that they had to get it from Chrysler and then ship it out.

I think I figured out how I want to mount them, so once I get it I'll post some pictures.

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
Scott,

did most of the time but you can push or pull the door anywhere you want, since it does not have a positive latch like the NCV3.

SprinterUSA1
back o/t sorry..
My slider in the full open postion does have a detent and does stay put in any position I've had the van in. It takes a good tug to get it out of it's groove, but not a + latch. Unless you drive with the slider open and hit the brakes, I don't see it moving. Have others had a problem with the door coming at them after putting it to its full open position with the van remaining staionary?

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
seek,

Just looked at the ncv3, wow it is nice.

On the visors/shelves I noticed an concave indentation where the shelves touch the area of the ceiling where the dome light is mounted

That might look a little strange without the dropped ceiling in the center...

On another note, I thought the seats were much nicer than the T1n seats, hmmm

Cheers
George

sikwan

06 Tin Can
On the visors/shelves I noticed an concave indentation where the shelves touch the area of the ceiling where the dome light is mounted

That might look a little strange without the dropped ceiling in the center...
No doubt it will, George.

Hopefully no one can tell. I certainly didn't when I first saw the picture above, until you mentioned it.

On another note, I thought the seats were much nicer than the T1n seats, hmmm
Too bad the seat mounts don't match up otherwise I would be looking for the set.

So are you thinking NCV3 now? :smirk: It is very nice!

Seek

Top Bottom