Vancouver Island, BC

sikwan

06 Tin Can
DSCF0576.JPG
We waited in line in Port Angeles, WA to load onto the Black Ball Ferry.

DSCF0651.JPG
I'm amazed at the enormity.

DSCF0649.JPG
A semi was on the other side.

DSCF0759.JPG
We got some homemade ice cream at the Beacon Drive Inn right across the street from Beacon Hill Park, on Douglas St.

DSCF0742.JPG
We're at the southeastern tip of Vancouver Island, near Victoria, at the dead end of Spring Bay Road looking across the Haro Strait at San Juan Island. Vancouver Island is a beautiful place! :)

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I wish I posted something before/during the trip. It would have been nice to get a local to recommend a favorite local restaurant. We don't mind a hole in the wall type of place, as long as the food is good! :)

We stayed close to town. We visited Galey Farms and just took a drive out to Butchart Gardens. It was raining at Butchart so we didn't go into the park. I'm not sure if I would've gone to Galey Farms if the Beacon Hill Park Children's Zoo was open.

Too bad I forgot the usb memory interface so I could not upload any pictures during the trip from Oct 16-18, 2006.

mackconsult

While in victoria you have to eat at John's Place. Sunday they server breakfast all day and the special is buckwheat pancakes with cream cheese syrup :thumbup:

I wish I posted something before/during the trip. It would have been nice to get a local to recommend a favorite local restaurant. We don't mind a hole in the wall type of place, as long as the food is good! :)

We stayed close to town. We visited Galey Farms and just took a drive out to Butchart Gardens. It was raining at Butchart so we didn't go into the park. I'm not sure if I would've gone to Galey Farms if the Beacon Hill Park Children's Zoo was open.

Too bad I forgot the usb memory interface so I could not upload any pictures during the trip from Oct 16-18, 2006.

Top Bottom