Sterling Bullet

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
They are a little late to the dance with their line up.
Yeah, well... hope springs eternal...

I'd like to think the psycho diesel hot rodders will love the 600+ foot lbs of torque out of factory.

Last edited:

AzteK

Blah Blah Blibbidy Blah!
it looks to much like a dodge ram to me. they got rid of dodge words, replaces with sterling, done. unless one company owns the other?

SprinterUSA1

it looks to much like a dodge ram to me. they got rid of dodge words, replaces with sterling, done. unless one company owns the other?
Classic American Made. Just pimp up some already existing stuff change the face a bit and put an even bigger engine in it. Dada a "new" truck is born. Wake up America. You cannot be selling those "muscle cars" forever. Come up with something new and truly better than what is already out there and you might actually beat the competition. The pick up guys will love this thing.

What can this Bullet do that a Sprinter with flatbed cannot?

SprinterUSA

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Classic American Made. Just pimp up some already existing stuff change the face a bit and put an even bigger engine in it. Dada a "new" truck is born. Wake up America. You cannot be selling those "muscle cars" forever. Come up with something new and truly better than what is already out there and you might actually beat the competition. The pick up guys will love this thing.

What can this Bullet do that a Sprinter with flatbed cannot?

SprinterUSA
Haul a 5001 lb trailor full of anything w/o voiding its warranty.

BTW, who owns Sterling?

-Jon

Last edited:

AzteK

Blah Blah Blibbidy Blah!
for trucks, i prefer ford. Their new 2008 models look kinda dorky. the front end (the headlights) doesnt match up. the mirrors are ginormus, but still suck. I like the 2004-2007 F350s millage sucked, but it had lots of room for front an back passengers.

I dunno, I just dispise of dodge. Like I said a while ago, the only good thing dodge did was help import the sprinter, thats it.

SprinterUSA1

for trucks, i prefer ford. Their new 2008 models look kinda dorky. the front end (the headlights) doesnt match up. the mirrors are ginormus, but still suck. I like the 2004-2007 F350s millage sucked, but it had lots of room for front an back passengers.

I dunno, I just dispise of dodge. Like I said a while ago, the only good thing dodge did was help import the sprinter, thats it.

Aztek,

If I were looking for a roomy passenger cell I'd buy a S-class. For cargo volume you cannot beat the Sprinter. Boxtrucks may hold more but are a pain in the behind to load and unload. And pickups do not even compare at all. They are nice weather cars at best. If they need to be used for anything else you HAVE to buy a box, rack, cap or even a trailer. Do ot knwo why contractors espsecially like them so much.
Need to haul people: Get a van (mini or full size) need to haul lots of stuff get a Sprinter. To bad they still do not offer 4x4.

:cheers:
SprinterUSA1

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Own a Sprinter and you will ot need to pull any trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smilewink:
I wish that were true.

Taken from http://www.sterlingtrucks.com/Company/default.asp

Sterling was founded by Freightliner LLC in 1998 as a new subsidiary with its own distribution network and distinctive product offerings. Sterling is headquartered in Redford, Michigan, in the Detroit metropolitan area. Freightliner LLC is a DaimlerChrysler company, the world's leading commercial vehicle manufacturer

Maybe the boys in Germany had nothing to do with signing off on the the Bullet, the R&D costs, market research etc, etc.... This medium duty truck is medium duty. The Bullet's no replacement for a Sprinter. Someone thinks it has a place in the market. Someone is convinced it's not going to dilute the Sprinter market share.

I like the Bullet in principle. If I were rich and bored, I'd buy one and compete with it... tear the axles out from under a Ford, Dodge or GM medium duty on a battlefield of mud, a tug of war. I'd do it for the press, the marketing biltz to promote the superiority of the Bullet over the olde guarde.

-Jon

SprinterUSA1

I wish that were true.

Taken from http://www.sterlingtrucks.com/Company/default.asp

The Bullet's no replacement for a Sprinter. Someone thinks it has a place in the market. Someone is convinced it's not going to dilute the Sprinter market share.

-Jon

There you go, no worries for the future of the Sprinter. :bounce: :bounce:

Somebody in Detroit thought, heck, if it works for GM and Ford why should it not for Dodge or DC. Take the exact same truck put a different name tack on it and Tada, a new vehicle is born.
And the saddest part, customers are falling for it. As long as the truck looks as blown up as possible, has some chrome parts and a big engine it must be great, right? Think again. Just another gas guzzler that is no better then any of the trucks in the same market segment already. Okay, it has got a few horses and some torque. Better engineering would accomplish the same with a smaller engine and better fuel economy. But as long as we can steal oil from others, who cares.........

SprinterUSA1

SprintED

The Sterling line of trucks can be traced back to Ford. Its heavy duty trucks are direct decendants of the famed Ford Louisville series. At some point Ford spun off its heavy truck division and it now exists as Sterling, owned by Freighliner, inturned owned by DC.

When DC get split into D and C...I wonder which company is going to be owning the big truck stuff?

Ed

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
The Sterling line of trucks can be traced back to Ford. Its heavy duty trucks are direct decendants of the famed Ford Louisville series. At some point Ford spun off its heavy truck division and it now exists as Sterling, owned by Freighliner, inturned owned by DC.

When DC get split into D and C...I wonder which company is going to be owning the big truck stuff?

Ed
Just look at what Daimler AG or whatever they are changing their name into :thinking:
OWNED

dc.jpg As for what they have their fingers into in Europe is just staggering, China and India Argentina , these guys are monsters and are certainly very good at mastering profits, Heck even Chrysler 'DCX' was of benefit for a tax write off.
Richard

SprintED

Richard

Same thing happened to us in the agricultural Sector about a decade ago...AGCO now owns at least 20 brands that all used to be independent. A few years ago Ford New Holland bought Case International to become one.
John Deere just keeps buying everything it can and painting it green and yellow.

The majority of ag equipment in the world now comes from one of these three massive companies.

Ed

SprinterUSA1

Ah, can you say Dodge Sprinter? Just a pimped up Mercedes ... :idunno:

Very clever :smirk:

Only you are forgetting about one thing. Mercedes is not trying to sell the Sprinter under the Dodge or Freightliner badge as a new vehicle!!!!!!!!!
It just so happens that they own those companies and the Sprinter fits into their line better than into the luxury car market.
Those "Dodge" parts on the Sprinter are not even made by Dodge.

Not so the Bullet. Claims to be a brand new vehicle to be superior to other trucks in its class but all it is is a revamped Dodge Ram pickup with some more muscle.

Anyway, was never too excited about picksup anyway. Only "pickup" I 'd ever buy if I needed one is the actually only grown up pickup world wide. The Unimog.

Cheers :cheers:

SprinterUSA1

Top Bottom