2007 170" 3500 trailer hitch w/step bumper

tonyo

Hi Sprinter people, I m new to this forum

I'm upgrading from a 2004 158 2500 shc sprinter to a 2007 170 3500 & would love some help on trailer hitch options & also cargo partitions if anyone has any info that would be great

thanks

Tony

SprinterUSA1

Hi Sprinter people, I m new to this forum

I'm upgrading from a 2004 158 2500 shc sprinter to a 2007 170 3500 & would love some help on trailer hitch options & also cargo partitions if anyone has any info that would be great

thanks

Tony

Hi Tony,

welcome on board. I am still a newbie also.

Partitions:
You have two choices if you go with the manufacturers partitions. First would be a partition with sliding door and openings in the upper section. If you are trying to keep dust and noise out of the front then not a great option. I opted for the fixed partition with window in my '07. Worked great in the T1N and I did not need the walk through option.

Hitches:
Mercedes offers a stepbumper with hitch receiver. It may be a while to get one if it is not on the van already. There are other manufacturers that offer hitches that mount right below the stepbumper. Less pricy also. In both cases they come with wiring harness and 7 pin plug.
Hope this helps.

SprinterUSA1

tab380

The Drain Doctor
I could not order one with a steep bumper and a hitch at the same time, but by the time the van came in, Dodge had a hitch that would fit one with the steep pad. got it in about 2 weeks through the parts dept.:thumbup:

SprinterUSA1

I could not order one with a steep bumper and a hitch at the same time, but by the time the van came in, Dodge had a hitch that would fit one with the steep pad. got it in about 2 weeks through the parts dept.:thumbup:
Seems like they are a bot slow to get parts over here. Of course the Germans are waiting for their Sprinters also if they want a lot of options in them. And Mercedes offers a lot of them in the NCV3.

The Stepbumper with hitch is one of them.

SprinterUSA1

vitola231

Hi, I have a 2007 Sprinter with the double passenger seat! I went with Ranger design divider and shelving, it is all aluminum and very good stuff! The only thing I want to alter on this sprinter is I will make the passenger seat lean a little more, it is kind of straight now! and I want to get a factory GPS for it, dodge didn't offer it last week but the truck has many options available, it looks like some Mercedes systems fit into this dash opening!

Top Bottom