I think my dealership ripped me!

Mike Horton

Thanks for all the great reply's guys! We have 3 Sprinters so I know they are expensive to maintain, but our Freightliner place has recently raised their prices and I was a little shocked. At least it's only every 10 K!.....and the boss man pays the bill!:hugs:

Neil2

Neil2
My goodness.

I did my transmission change for $120, that included filter, fluid, gaskets, and dipstick. Next time it will only cost me $70.

You can get a fuel filter for about $15 on line and change it yourself. It's a good thing to know how to do for when you suddenly need to do it on the side of the road (I always carry a spare with me, because you never know when you will get some dirty fuel).

Diesel fuel injection flush???? Why????
Dipstick? Are you kidding? The dipstick was dirty and the warranty is voided without a virgin dipstick? :rolleyes:

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
I just took "Vanzilla II in for it's first service at my local Freightliner shop. Odometer read 10,400 miles.
oil and filter, fuel filter (service writer stated they replace it every oil change now) rotated tires and reset computer (there were no codes)

$393.02 parts $159.17
labor $208.00
Misc. $14.62
-------------
$393.02 I feel as though I have been corn holed. Comments? (Welcome to "OZ" Bitch has been taken!)

I just dropped off my 08 van at Stoneridge Chrysler to change the transmission fluid and filter ($375.00), replace fuel filter ($129.00), diesel fuel injection flush ($220.00) and replace serpentine belts ($225.00). Total estimate $1,099.00.

Mike looks like you got the standard corn hole, the hours of labor billed and mark-up make sense.

Wild imaginations got the more delux corn holing.
I am not real fond of chemical cleaning of injectors, gas or diesel. I had a Mercedes wagon where the tech (without authorization) cleaned my injectors and ruined the nice MB cat. I made them replace the cat on their dime.

I do my own.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
How does a tech physically perform a $220 diesel fuel injection flush on a Sprinter?

What part numbers were used by the process?

The reason I ask:

The only way I've seen this done is this: a tech disconnects the low pressure lift pump from the fuel tank supply and lets the pump suck some chemical from a can.

It's not possible to that on an NCV3 because the lift pump is in the tank.

Does anyone know how to do a "diesel fuel injection flush" on a rig with an in-tank fuel-lift pump?

-Jon

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
How does a tech physically perform a $220 diesel fuel injection flush on a Sprinter?

What part numbers were used by the process?

The reason I ask:

The only way I've seen this done is this: a tech disconnects the low pressure lift pump from the fuel tank supply and lets the pump suck some chemical from a can.

It's not possible to that on an NCV3 because the lift pump is in the tank.

Does anyone know how to do a "diesel fuel injection flush" on a rig with an in-tank fuel-lift pump?

-Jon
Oh I know this answer!!!
First you bend over, then grab your ankles firmly because you got the super delux cornhole.

Jon, the way you worded this...:thumbup:

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
I called a Vancouver (Richmond) BC MB dealer today to get an estimate on the B Service (48,000km/30,000 mile) service.

$590 CDN (approx. $570 USD) including inspection and Cabin Hepa filter ($48).

McCoy Friegthline in Portland quoted me $331.xx (less Hepa).

I told the Richmond guy they were wacked out, and don't be surprised if they don't don't get any business, or need to adjust the pricing. I also told them what the Chryslers and Freightlines have been charging.

blackheart

I just took "Vanzilla II in for it's first service at my local Freightliner shop. Odometer read 10,400 miles.

oil and filter, fuel filter (service writer stated they replace it every oil change now) rotated tires and reset computer (there were no codes)

$393.02 parts $159.17
labor $208.00
Misc. $14.62
-------------
$393.02 I feel as though I have been corn holed. Comments? (Welcome to "OZ" Bitch has been taken!)
I did the change myself
oil 60.00
filter 7.00
no fuel filter yet
misc - paper towels - hand wash / .35 cents
total - 67.35

My time - retired and enjoy wrenching when I know what I am doing

Oh I use Diesel Kleen by Power Service and have no injector problems

guisar

If it's any consolation (I know it's not) these sorts of prices are not Sprinter unique- I was checking the dealers prices for "RAM" and other vehicles and they were just as ridiculous as Sprinter service. My wife was charged $200+ to have the charcoal filters changed in her Honda for example- it took my son and I 5 minutes and $60 to change both of them on my BMW and of course$25 and about the same for the filters in the Sprinter. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a high level of expertise- but in general there is not.

Top Bottom