SMC Wheels for the Sprinter

sikwan

06 Tin Can
At one point I wanted alloy rims for our Sprinter. I didn't like the look of the oem alloy rims that you can order with the Sprinter, so I opted to look for something that had the capacity and looked different.

I found...
LT_FS.jpg
at...

http://smcwheels.com/html/index_e.html

The only problem was Tirerack was their only distributor and they only ship once a year (September timeframe) to them.

I had time to ponder and decided to just stay with the oem steelies.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Did Tire Rack give you a feel for the price?
This is what I got from Tirerack...

---begin---

Nicole is correct we do carry the SMC line but unfortunately we do not stock PN#10711.
We are not expecting anymore containers from SMC for the remainder of the year.
Regards,

Dawn Reitman
----------------------------------
Purchasing Manager
The Tire Rack
7101 Vorden Parkway
South Bend IN 46628
(574) 287-2316 Ext. 353
Fax: (574) 236-7713
dawn@tirerack.com

---end---

As for prices, I didn't get anything from her via email or phone because the total price would depend on the shipping costs during that time and how many wheels were being shipped (including the ones I wanted).

loredo_sprinter

These are the wheels that my sprinter came with, they don't have any id. on em I wonder what make they are? Anyone know? I wonder if those little mini m.b. hub caps might fit in the middle of these wheels? Anyone know the dimensions of those mini hub caps?

Jules:idunno:

Attachments

Therberg

Thats odd that they don't come with something on there, DODGE, FREIGHTLINER or a rams head.:idunno:

Here is pic with the MERCEDES centers installed, I think they cost around $7.50 ea. While your at tha Mercedes dealer you could also pick up some nice valve stem caps and a license plate frame.:thumbup:

Tim H.

Attachments

Last edited:

AHAMAYfrank

Ordered03, Owned04, Now07
Hi all, I have a couple of questions.

I have a 2007 USA Dodge standard roof 144 diesel ordered to replace the POS 2004 FL I have now. I expect it to arrive quite soon. :drool: I will have the stock 2007 steel wheels too, also because I don’t like the optional wheels. I would like to replace the stock ones soon after purchase and also fit a Mercedes grill etc.

My questions are about the wheel dimensions.
Are the wheel dimensions for the 2007 the same as previous years?
i.e. Width, Diameter, Bolt Pattern, Hub Offset, Load Rating, etc?
Can anyone supply me with these dimensions?
Maybe I can find something I like that currently fits some other model vehicle.

Thanks, Frank

sikwan

06 Tin Can
It's all different. The new one has 6 lugs. Don't know what the specs on it are.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Hi all, I have a couple of questions.

I have a 2007 USA Dodge standard roof 144 diesel ordered to replace the POS 2004 FL I have now. I expect it to arrive quite soon. :drool: I will have the stock 2007 steel wheels too, also because I don’t like the optional wheels. I would like to replace the stock ones soon after purchase and also fit a Mercedes grill etc.

Thanks, Frank
I can't find it at the moment, but I recall that the wheel load ratings exceeded load range E.

This is from the Freightliner's 2007 Sprinter Owners Manual

-Jon

Attachments

AHAMAYfrank

Ordered03, Owned04, Now07
Thanks everyone for the replies. Now if someone could give me the bolt circle diameter or measure the distance from the center of two lug nuts through the center of the wheel on a US 2007, I could begin the endless search for some new wheels.

Thanks again, Frank :thumbup:

Top Bottom