Valvoline SynPower Oil $2.79 QT

Kitemaui

If u need MB 229.51 spec oil NAPA has it on sale for $2.79 per QT with mail in rebate. It comes out to $5 and some change without the mail in rebate. :cheers:

Time to change the oil!

Kitemaui,
Thanks for the info. FWIW. By the PDF it's the Synpower MST that meets the MB specs. Apparently the Synpower HST does not so watch what you choose. I found it interesting that according to the PDF both the 5w-30 and the 5w-40 are listed for MB 229.31, 229.51. From what I remember, here in the U.S.A. the oils that meet the Sprinter diesel MB specs typically have a top number of 40. The "* denotes formal OEM approval" note is interesting because not all the weights across from the MB spec line have that asterisk.:hmmm: Sorry, the table didn't cut and paste and I'm lazy..
http://www.valvoline.com/pdf/SynPower.pdf
Thanks for the heads up.:thumbup: vic

Kitemaui

Kitemaui,
Thanks for the info. FWIW. By the PDF it's the Synpower MST that meets the MB specs. Apparently the Synpower HST does not so watch what you choose. I found it interesting that according to the PDF both the 5w-30 and the 5w-40 are listed for MB 229.31, 229.51. From what I remember, here in the U.S.A. the oils that meet the Sprinter diesel MB specs typically have a top number of 40. The "* denotes formal OEM approval" note is interesting because not all the weights across from the MB spec line have that asterisk.:hmmm: Sorry, the table didn't cut and paste and I'm lazy..
http://www.valvoline.com/pdf/SynPower.pdf
Thanks for the heads up.:thumbup: vic
Thanks for the heads up. I did get the right one! Do u happen to know the page number in the manuel that states the oil quantity? I am sure it is stated just can't find the page. I think 13.21 QTs?

Do u happen to know the page number in the manual that states the oil quantity? I am sure it is stated just can't find the page. I think 13.21 QTs?
Kitemaui,
You give me too much credit, but check page 365 if you have a 2007 owners manual it specifies 13.21 for the CRD.

Impressed??? Don't be. Jon JDCaples has worked very hard to post a bunch of information in the NCV3 Database section. I looked it up and found the information in one of his posts.
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7626

If you ever have the pleasure of meeting Jon please offer to buy him a beverage of his choice for all his work. Then buy him another on me.... and I'll be indebted until I can settle up with you. vic

Last edited:

aeroshots

I stopped by NAPA today to get some oil. They had no information on the Valvoline rebate.:idunno: Any information as to rebate coupons or what ever is needed to get the rebate?

v4vjon

I must be reading it wrong the, SynPower is 5.19 per liter and the conventional oil {non syn.} is 2.79 right? less the .50 rebate. :cheers:

piper1

Resident Oil Nerd.
The part number for the MST 5W40 is VAL966.....2.79 seems awful low...the 5 dollar (ish) sale happens usually at least 2 times a year (I buy 13 cases every 6 months) and always wait for the sale.

piper1

Resident Oil Nerd.
While I agree $2.79 is better:drool:.....$5.19 (with the 50cent rebate)for a MB 229.51 oil is a damn good price.

Top Bottom