Otd Pricing For 2007's

PLUMMER

Has anyone been able to work a deal with their new 2007 sprinter purchase? Anyone pay below MSRP? I have talked about $$$$ with a few and it seems there is no wiggle room, or atleast they don't wanna if they can help it. I haven't even heard of a hint of something being thrown in or a few bucks below sticker.
All 3 dealers so far have all brought up the zero trac and trac lease options. They all seem to be pushing this. Anyone with expirence on these trac lease options. I know dealers dont do anything that doesnt benefit them in some way. It is supposed to cover ALL maintinece and serious repairs for 100 to 150 thousand miles. Depending on the package you choose with no milage limits. Tires and battery are only things it doesn't cover. At end of 3-5 years you own it outright or there is a residual balance of 3-9 K per package you choose. For exampe 0-trac @ 35K is 668/month with no balloon payment. and its yours, or 579/month and a 7K residual balloon paymet after 5 years. I guess one advantage is you can right off the entire payment since its a lease rather than depreciate it as per your CPA, for much less write off. I still have to ask about this.

EdOsmar

With a Sams Plus card K&M in GR will go 1200 under MSRP, they said it is the same for a CASCO card.

ELJEFE

Lord of Immortality
I pick up my 07 144 CRD 2500 Lo Roof Wagon in silver on Monday. Nicely loaded. This was on their lot about 10 days. I got approx. 2700 off MSRP [no dealer markup added]. No mention of lease deals. I paid cash.

I spoke with many dealers & got the "this is all the inventory we have for the year so they're gonna go for sticker" story from most. Plenty of others were negotiable right off [esp. for a gas model--you might get 5k off!!] I 've found many dealers who say "we dont discount/we dont haggle/good luck, etc" will become quite negotiable after a short conversation.
The trick was finding the model I wanted {low roof diesel wagon in silver-2 in US } and striking a deal. I got lucky!

I also found dealers who would order a 2008 @ a nice discount.

If you search thru Dodge.com you can see the inventory [use advanced search] and the actual stickers. If you want something in white, my guess is you can steal the thing! esp. a cargo, which everyone has plenty of.

I was willing to travel [from San Fran] to get what I wanted. But I wanted to go to the Canadian ROckies anyway, so it all worked perfectly. They paid my airfare!

Search wide! Dig deep! Be bold! Make crazy offers! Have fun!

You will score!

elJ

PLUMMER

Ed, hows that work exactly. Will any dealer honor that costco/sams card deal ?? Is it some kind of hashed out deal that they are suposed to honor.
Apreciate all the info so far. I now have some bargaining opwer since I found several other vans in inventory that are equal to or better than what the local dealer has. Even found a Red, blue, and a black EXT with lots of options. For some reason Californians like to add the accesory group and aluminum wheels for an extra 3400.

PLUMMER

How in the heck did you get them to pay the airfare. My ticket is looking like 200.00 range if all works out. I got the usual last minute "my boss is reaming me cause I gave you such a good deal" story. 9.0 % financing. And the boss wants 2K over sticker since its a rare find they say. Well I found 37 others that are within 1 option or better, he just happened to be 900 less than the few I did get a price from. He then tells me the percentage rate is negotialble to make up for the increase in price his boss is forcing him to do. I think I will counter with 7% and stick withthe original dealer invoice or I'll go elsewhere.
I also found out that there is no upfit program for the sprinters, so I have to pay 2500+ for a bin package myself. Last 2 vans came with the bins included.

altered_ego

According to the RV Consumer Group the average customer is paying 79 to 80% of the true MSRP for the Sprinters. I purchased their rating CD for motorhomes and have found it invaluable. I might suggest anyone looking at any kind of a RV look them up. http://www.rv.org. It is definately worth the few dollars it costs to join them.

Without going into the psychology of purchasing, I never go into any establishment with my eyes "set on" anyone particular type or make of vehicle, even if I am. As a matter of fact I do my best (without acting like a jerk) to downplay everything I look at. AND I make sure my wife says a few things negative also.

For those dealers that try and feed you the bull about how they will only sell for MSRP because they are "flying out the window" ask then why they have these six or whatever sitting on the lot.

Last weekend I looked at 3 different manufacturers of Sprinter Motorhomes. My first comment regarding each was "you must discount the heck out of these to get rid of them", "look at the quality inside of this thing" then I point out a few items and they shake their heads up and down. Before I leave they all wanted to give me a "significant discount" if I would purchase. I left them saying I needed to look at their competition and if I come back it will only be for a price, with that I give them my fax number so they can send me numbers if I want.

My last car I purchased for dealer cost (XG350L Hyundai) and last truck (Dodge 4x4) I paid 2% less than dealer cost. It can be done but you have to work these people and don't lose focus. You must know pricing as BS doesn't count in this game.

PLUMMER

Thank you and very good advice, that I will try to use. My problem is they know I found them thru dealer search and am calling because they have something I want. And the obvious fact, that I am gonna fly out there to drive the unit home 2000 miles. Must mean they have something valuable. The good thing is there are more vans available, I just haven't gotten a price out of them yet. I just wish the local dealer here wasn't so bad or I would the one they have today. So you can imagine how bad they must be , if I am gonna travel to get one.

altered_ego

Thank you and very good advice, that I will try to use. My problem is they know I found them thru dealer search and am calling because they have something I want. And the obvious fact, that I am gonna fly out there to drive the unit home 2000 miles. Must mean they have something valuable. The good thing is there are more vans available, I just haven't gotten a price out of them yet. I just wish the local dealer here wasn't so bad or I would the one they have today. So you can imagine how bad they must be , if I am gonna travel to get one.
I also get contacted because of searches and manufacturers. No big deal, I just say "I MIGHT BE INTERESTED just one of many I am looking at." I usually have to drive 4 to 5 hours one way to visit at minimum so I try to press for as much $ info. I can get before I visit, sometimes without getting but it primes their pump ... LOL... They know I am not going to roll over for them.

Too bad you didn't tell them you were coming out to visit Aunt Nelly and if they can make you a deal you might consider not buying from your local dealer. I mean like you really were planning on buying from this local dealer because he has such a good selection and has a service department that is non-stop BUT maybe a good price might pursuade you differently. They would have all the incentive then in the world to give you a good price because they would only get ONE shot at you. Besides a $100 bucks is better than no bucks. You live many miles away so if they can coherce you with $'s they might nail you.

Also some manufacturers will pay your one way ticket to pick up but probably not in your case as you have a dealer close to you. Of course you could attempt to twist the manufacturers arm by telling them the dealer stinks and they shouldn't be forcing you to buy from such a bad dealer (that they shouldn't have anyways). They should give you some consideration as this is such a long distance...blah, blah, blah.. Hey, they can only tell you no. If you don't ask for you will never know.:2cents:

Have fun!

PLUMMER

WOW. more good info. Thanks. I did jump in a little too fast and was just excited when they quoted me a prive at 4K under sticker. As it stands right now it is 2832.00 out the door under the MSRP, but not including my state sales tax. Talked to 2 others and all 3 are within $20.00 of final price. Which comes to 2832.00 under sticker with DOC-title-and a VTR fee which Nevada has. Never heard of it before but was told by all 3 that it was manditory , but waht they carge you for VTR and DOC is all dealer choice. So far Doc has ranged from 99.00 to 499.00 ( includeds dealer prep,clean,wax,full tank of gas and deliver of paper work, which sometimes is fed EXed.) So across the united states the final pricing is very close with the few I talked to in Georga,Nevada,Ohio,Illinois,Indiana, Virginia, Oregon and Washington. I don't know what others have been getting but around 2800 off MSRP not including taxes is about the OTD price for a diesel. Now I am also finding out in the midnight hour that some banks and credit unions will finance the sprinters, when all along I was led to believe only DCX will since its a commercial truck.

Thanks again and let me know if anyone is or has recieved a better price for a 170WB stickering around 42K

altered_ego

WOW. more good info. Thanks. I did jump in a little too fast and was just excited when they quoted me a prive at 4K under sticker. As it stands right now it is 2832.00 out the door under the MSRP, but not including my state sales tax. Talked to 2 others and all 3 are within $20.00 of final price. Which comes to 2832.00 under sticker with DOC-title-and a VTR fee which Nevada has. Never heard of it before but was told by all 3 that it was manditory , but waht they carge you for VTR and DOC is all dealer choice. So far Doc has ranged from 99.00 to 499.00 ( includeds dealer prep,clean,wax,full tank of gas and deliver of paper work, which sometimes is fed EXed.) So across the united states the final pricing is very close with the few I talked to in Georga,Nevada,Ohio,Illinois,Indiana, Virginia, Oregon and Washington. I don't know what others have been getting but around 2800 off MSRP not including taxes is about the OTD price for a diesel. Now I am also finding out in the midnight hour that some banks and credit unions will finance the sprinters, when all along I was led to believe only DCX will since its a commercial truck.

Thanks again and let me know if anyone is or has recieved a better price for a 170WB stickering around 42K
I just returned from Lazy Days RV in Seffner Florida and visited RV World while there on Saturday. I was not impressed with RV World but was at Lazy Days. At Lazy Days they already have their Winnebagos and Itascas with the 3.0L Diesel (2008's) and they are dealing. I did not try to pin them down on a number yet but 10K off a $99,000 rig is a given. They do sell a lot of them but they are not trying to rape anybody. I was impressed. They have quite a few on their lot. If you want to visit Florida I can furnish a salesman's name.

Top Bottom