New 07's ARRIVING

PLUMMER

Finally some inventory is coming in. Some actually with good options. But seriously 99% of the 302 dealers I searched must have retarded crackheads ordering their vans. Lucky I had soo much time on my hands confined to the office watchin the new born. OUt of 1500+ vans I found 6 that had 1 or more options that I required, yet only 1 of them had a 3.92 gear. 2 had a tow prep. most had 22b package for a work truck. Seen 1 with Khumo brand tires on the sticker?????? Those of you with work vans , do you think its necessary to have the luxury steering wheel, cuz alot of them did ??? I didnt notice much a difference with them.80-85% are 144" ers, 2 had the 170 EXT body. 3 red ones and 1 navy blue, rest where white. And gassers are seriously being dumped in panic like action. Texas for some reason must not have the 170 option available to that state, they were all 144's. Something about a law limiting the amount of space in van for smuggling illeagals, and alot of chassis cabs down there too. Global warming must be effecting wisconsin,N. Dakota and Minn, since none of them order cold climate packages, so they must not need it. Yet Texas had some heated mirror trucks. So I am off to another dealer to search more, my hands were getting tired of clicking. To date I have only recieved 2 faxes from dealers , and both were from stock. Not the search they were asked to do. Was told by sister that wrks at headquarters that has alot to do with dealer cash and incentives, they just dont make as much money on the vans.

Cheers and have a happy 4th of July.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Plumber
Those Khumo tires are Korean meant as a winter off road tire, these are supossed to be offerd via dealerships for the older sprinters as well.
Mexico storage of illegals so the limited the size:clapping:
Try weights and license requirements they are limited to lbs on a single wheels rear axle loading and under ten 9000 lbs on a double wheel vehicle as the sprinter is classed passenger or sports utility vehicle, the weights have to be under,a designated GVM to the weight of axles, now in part you know why every thing on these are altered,
Florida try parking one of those in a suburban street and see how long they last , before the postman knocks on your door , I wont go into this any way.
If you can find one are you after a single rear wheel unit or dual ! Just curious for a notation of references please/
Richard

PLUMMER

Single rear wheel. I thought you'd get a rise out of that. OUr weights and measures are pretty close from state to state per axle, and most are identical. But anyways, its interesting what I have seen and learned while on the hunt. I am more excited now than before about choosing a sprinter. I usually keep my vehicles for 10 years and am confident I will be very comfortable with a Sprinter vs. what I have already owned.

kendall69

How about our here in Kaulifornia. I bought an 07 10 passenger - AND THEY DIDN‘T HAVE CRUISE CONTROL ( yes I am yelling)

Why would anyone want cruise control, while hauling 10 people on a field trip, nah, who would use cruise, most people WANT to get cramps in their legs while driving non stop for hours on end.

OH, and trailering, why would anyone want to tow anything with a sprinter, after all after all it’s big enough to haul anything you could imagine.

That’s easy, just order the cruise and trailer wiring - WHAT MR. DEALER!!!!, you can’t even order these parts. WHAT!!!!!!!!

I will never understand these people.

So just order one, and wait for the next year or so before you get it.:bash:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Happy and Argo:clapping: Well cruise is optional world wide, every one has to pay and pay , or we wouldn't have any thing to grumble about in the morn or eve, of our Sprinter forum:clapping: As a matter of a fact if it was perfect, then we'd have nothing to say! and the forum wouldn't exist.:cry:
Nar! we need more Grumbles please.
Cheers Richard

scotty

hilarious! i drove from seattle down to southern california to get an 06 standard roof passenger van... funny though it had auxiliary heater and insulation which NONE of the sprinters i saw between the canadien border and central california had... too much.

PLUMMER

Was told today that the EXT models are having shiping fitment problems and DCX ordered them to halt building of them. Only the ones already built will make it here. The crated package isn't large enuff for shiping containers. I did find 2 both for carpet companies.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Was told today that the EXT models are having shiping fitment problems and DCX ordered them to halt building of them. Only the ones already built will make it here. The crated package isn't large enuff for shiping containers. I did find 2 both for carpet companies.
{A} Whats a carpet company got to do with a rear half of a sprinter? Containers for carpet at 4mtrs in length 13 foot. You lost me??
Richard

PLUMMER

The long rolls of carpet, i.e. 12 foot and 15 foot widths. No more doors wide open bungee corded tight.

EdOsmar

Grand Rapids MI dealer (Freightliner)called today and said that 2008 can be ordered late next week and that they are now expecting about 90 2007's and one of them is a 170-2500 that has double sliders, 22b +. Just have to find out what the + is and I might have my van.:drool:

PLUMMER

From what I am seeing there is NO dodge A plan/employee price abvailable for this , nor any type of 0% interest anymore since monday. They had 0% for upto 36 months and 3.9 for 48 and 5.9 for 60 months. But not anymore. As far as group buys or anything like that they won't do anything, especially if it has any type of options. Gassers are the only truck along with a few striped down 144's that will see any movement on price.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
From what I am seeing there is NO dodge A plan/employee price abvailable for this , nor any type of 0% interest anymore since monday. They had 0% for upto 36 months and 3.9 for 48 and 5.9 for 60 months. But not anymore. As far as group buys or anything like that they won't do anything, especially if it has any type of options. Gassers are the only truck along with a few striped down 144's that will see any movement on price.
There is in Canada still refereed to as Daimler Chrysler as in Australia because of the export Chrysler's, not US variation Chrysler's , No discounts for the Sprinters! nor was there last time, Discount incentives,and 0 to 2.5% interest rates was a simple way of dumping off inventory stocks and to keep a cash flow moving, as the inventories diminish , the prices will go up based on supply and demand. Sprinters were never part of dump and drive synergies of sales Daimler would not allow it as to retaining profit margins, based on Global sales.
Richard

Top Bottom