bike and mountain shop sprinter

scotty

(she's in process... full roof rack, bike racks off the back, and ski tubes on the drivers side pending... then once we get our shop open we'll smother the exterior in our logos)

*first shot at a charity ride we sponsor here in Kirkland... after it slowed down and i had a free hand to snap a pic.

* then a couple posed shots (i had a hell of a time with a couple spots on the hood removing the trim, still need to get her into a bodyshop... hence the french moustache)

Attachments

stp57

Very nice Scotty!
The red stripe really helps to normalize (if it's possible) the dippy front end on our Sprinters. Best effect I,ve seen yet.
Steve

scotty

Hey Scotty,
How expensive is the vinyl striping? Does it come off without damaging the paint?
Is that a chrome strip you installed above the stripe?
Steve
the strip cost us about $500 at FastSigns (they have a pretty killer selection of PMS colours and it only took them a day to get our shop colour in)... it also goes across the back doors, but i had them cut it around the indent for the Plates. They only had the van for a few hours.

No chrome strip... i spent a lot of time deciding where this strip was going to sit... i ended up using the contours of the vehicle... so it runs from indent to indent vertically (if that makes sense)

Theoretically it comes off without damaging the paint...! they use a particular adhesive remover for the vinyl... the busses in our area get all vinyled up with ads... i looked closely at a couple to see if i could see any evidence of past ads... i couldn't.

Also they have 2 different vinyls... the standard (5-7 years) and a longer life... the longer life was about $200 more and only offered another 2 years of UV exposure... i figured every 3 or so years we'll be pealing and rewrapping the sprinter to keep the shops image fresh so i wasn't too worried about it. (we have a lot more vinyl to go too... i'm just waiting to get our physical address nailed down before i go crazy...).

Top Bottom