Washing you Sprinter.

AVL_Sprinter

Whitewater Freak
I was just wondering what methods are being used and if you have found certain products to be more effective than others. ie. bug remover, waxes, etc. :thinking:

I was also curious about the stone/bug deflectors that are installed on the lip of the hood. Do they decrease the amount of bug splatter on the front? Pros and cons for this as well, please and thanks. :idunno:

Arohanui.
:cheers:

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Sucker is big!

I use Simple Green in a bucket of water, a brush with a long handle, and a ladder. What I don't use one of those heavy, awkward deals where the hose attaches to the handle with the brush on the end.

I haven't waxed it. By the time I get it washed and half-assed dried I've had enough Whew! :smirk:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
What I don't use one of those heavy, awkward deals where the hose attaches to the handle with the brush on the end.
I have one of those thing-a-ma-jigs. Water doesn't even go to the brush for some reason. :thinking: I just use it as a long handled brush. Much easier to use and not as awkward.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Sucker is big!

I use Simple Green in a bucket of water, a brush with a long handle, and a ladder. What I don't use one of those heavy, awkward deals where the hose attaches to the handle with the brush on the end.

I haven't waxed it. By the time I get it washed and half-assed dried I've had enough Whew! :smirk:

I'm seriously considering Line-X on the roof because I'll never get on a ladder to wax the topside, never repair the paint and I know I'll scuff it on a tree... or the rain gutter of some building.

-Jon

SprntrStkd

Buy the soap with carnuba wax, it works good and finishes with a surface that bubbles water. I use the soap on every third or fourth wash...also bought the wheel cleaner to remove the crusty brake dust that collects on the chrome benz star on the wheel hub (still need to let it sit then scrub)! Good luck!

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
I'm seriously considering Line-X on the roof
-Jon
Is that the spray-on bedliner? Any idea how much weight that would add? Does it come in white? Does it have to be done professionally? Probably... probably some special equipment.
If you jump,
keep us informed.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen

Is that the spray-on bedliner?

Any idea how much weight that would add? Does it come in white? Does it have to be done professionally? Probably... probably some special equipment.
If you jump,
keep us informed.

Line-X may be seen in the wild as pickup truck bed liner.

Color matching is offered by some, but not all dealers. I understand that no one in Seattle-proper will do it. The closest one that will color match is rumored to be in Auburn (about 30 miles from where I live). Line-X won a DOD contract for marine applications (Submarine I think). Someone made a video of Line-X applied to cinderblocks, right next to naked cinderblocks... Line-X stopped concrete from flying around after exposure to explosives. It seemed kind of hoaky, but it was entertaining for a few minutes.

Line-X installation does have to be done professionally. Line-X dealer/installer businesses have to send staff to training and buy (or have) commercial-grade application gear.

I've been told that a standard 8' bed liner, including "over the rail" (the perimeter of the p/u bed) weighs 50 lbs.

I've also been told it can be sprayed on in different thicknesses, but I haven't asked about that.

I think someone should make an art project like "urban SWAT Sprinter," coating the entire body with it. Actually, that would make it nearly impossible to (casually) scratch with a key or screw driver.... hmm...

I wonder if Line-X would arrest the rust people have complained about....

If I jump, I'll post pictures, costs etc.

-Jon

Last edited:

Carterwlsn

I guess I'm the only wierd one. I wax all my vehicles every few washings. The wax makes bug and tar spots alot easier to clean off. After washing, I dry the vehicle with a leaf blower, then proceed to the waxing. I like to use Mother's "FX" synwax. It is very easy to use and only takes about an hour longer than just washing. If I am not going to wax the vehicle I use a Mr.Clean auto-dry carwash. It works very well, leaving no spots when the car dries. Being a non clear coat finish on the Sprinter, I fear what it would look like in 10 years if I do not keep wax on it.
I don't think I would put Line-X on the roof of my van. I would think it would be very hard to keep looking clean. Have you ever tried to clean the underside of your Sprinter? The rough underside coating is very hard to keep clean. I may be the only one who would know.:laughing:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hummmmmmmmm' Me thinks I know how to keep my Lady in white real clean , free of bugs, put a Red Back under her skirts and he'll keeps the flys, and nasty, cob webs away.
Nothing better than a good scrub up, on a Sunday Arvo' not a crack or nook , will I let the grime settle on her make up, for that awful word my girls don't look that good when age creeps up upon her hideawys and the Rustickles start to form :thumbdown:
I'm so fussy I clean the dip stick! 'every day', but some Dam Nun, dressed in a Penguin suite! puts it back in, after dark.:shifty:

So out with the Meguiar's Gold wash 75% and the balance with Meguiar's red supper soft sudsy bubbles, and do we have fun blowing them bubbles off, to reveal! My lady in her short white coat, and her slender long legs :lol: cause I get to chamois off her body,so gentle! with the best of natural leather. then I clean her sparklers, with Meguiar'es Plastx for that look of perfection. After all she's a true Mercedes and I'll Benz back-wards over her, Like I can't help getting up close and personal
I must be having an affair:shhh:
Richard
DSC00134 (Large).jpg

DSC00139 (Custom).jpg

rear side view bumper (Large) (2).jpg

DSC00140 (Large).jpg

DSC00331 (Large).jpg

Top Bottom