Floor mats/liner for front

MT170

2018 2500 LWB 4x4
I have a 2018 Sportsmobile built on a cargo van. It came with Weathertech floor liner up front that is not acceptable to my wife and I. We have Weathertech floor mats in other cars and really loved them but in the Sprinter the floor liners are vinyl on top of the vinyl floor and they slide around with the least little movement. Does anyone have a better idea or product?

canyoneer

2017 144 High Roof
I had Weathertechs in one vehicle, and didn't care for them. Yes, they do contain dirt and water, but then the dirt is just loose, and rolling around until you get a chance to vacuum or shake them out. Then the vacuuming and shaking doesn't really get them clean, so you have to scrub them with the car wash soap and a brush. Plus, they are so annoying to walk on bare-footed. About the only plus I can see for them, is if you live in a very snowy or wet climate, and really need to be able to manage the water, they may be useful.

I really prefer carpet mats. At least when you get in, the dirt stays contained in the carpet, and stays put until you get around cleaning them. And even light colored ones seem to stay clean enough for me. About every few years, they need a good shampooing, and if that doesn't work, I just spend another $140 and get a fresh mat. My favorite are the Lloyd one-piece mats. I got them from "EuroCampers." I have always gotten my Lloyd mats from "California Car Cover" but they only seem to have the two-piece version. Just don't fall for the $110 Amazon version that has that cheap thinner-looking pile carpet.

The factory Mercedes heavy duty rubber mats are good and inexpensive.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OE...254829&hash=item3d71363d21:g:ypYAAOSwImRYZpXq
They cost About the same price ($90 to $100) at the Mercedes dealer parts desk.
We went this route because at the time our crew floor wasn't compatible with the weather tech mats. The MB mats fit very well, minimal shift, and just deep enough to collect the daily northwest mud. Comes in two pieces, and the seam is a bit finicky to get right, but once you get it connected correctly it doesn't come apart. Price was reasonable via ebay.

edfrompa

2008 ROADTREK on F/L 2500
Really like the WeatherTech's BUT we added inexpensive carpet mats sold for bathrooms or doorways which fit nicely and can be pulled out to vacuum.

Wrinkledpants

2017 144WB 4x4
We went this route because at the time our crew floor wasn't compatible with the weather tech mats. The MB mats fit very well, minimal shift, and just deep enough to collect the daily northwest mud. Comes in two pieces, and the seam is a bit finicky to get right, but once you get it connected correctly it doesn't come apart. Price was reasonable via ebay.
Agree with all this. I didn't even realize they're supposed to connect. We just slide them into position and they stay put. They're real rubber vs the plastic stuff from weather tech. Really happy with the purchase. We purchased ours from the Sprinter Store.

Onefin

Online MB dealers and most MB parts counters sell the rubber mats for around $100...
I’ve had them in both my vans and the connection is the only negative (Velcro or gorilla tape the bottom of seam if it bothers you) but they are good mats...way better than weathertech
because they aren’t as slippery when wet.
Everyone I’ve turned on to the factory Mb mats has liked them.

SOLBRTs

FWIW. MB mats came with my van. Dislike them. As soon as there is any moisture under them or any force from your feet the driver side splits from the passenger side and starts moving around. Reconnecting the two is a PITA.

Top Bottom