carefree awning

TwoClinks

2016 Unity TB
Are you sure of the part number. I find nothing as if it doesn't exist. Have you called them? What awning model? Give us a description of the part. Normand's assessment of COC is correct.

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
According to parts list, https://www.e-carefree.com/ecarefree30/ExplodedPartsViewController?productId=37#, You need a new motor assembly is that correct.

You can find the SR0098, https://www.amazon.com/Carefree-SR0098WHT-Freedom-Mount-Awning/dp/B009TN7SVI, which appears to be the motor upgrade for the Freedom Roof Mount Awning. But it looks the same as for Wall mount. I did find the SR0097, https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts...dts6NEIn3XsamncnWRbBlqy7i_lIyCKoaAvZjEALw_wcB, you certainly could talk to the parts manager and see which one is correct. The SR0097 looks like a motor upgrade for a manual to electric so if you just need the motor that could be the right replacement.

Attachments

Last edited:

TStiles

2018 Unity CB
Normand + TwoClinks:
I recently had a very positive experience with Carefree Customer Service. I contacted them through their online messaging service on their website and late the next day (Friday) I received an email apologizing for not getting back more timely with an assurance that they'd be back in contact Monday. Monday came around and early in the day I received feedback to my inquiry and I sent a follow-up message. Early on Tuesday I received response to that follow-up. We set a date in January for the next contact and I have no reason to believe it won't occur as promised.

JHMooney

2018 Unity MB
Has anyone installed the bluetooth and motion sensor upgrade kit, https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/catalog/part-detail.html?id=19032&bc=0,3,&q=2&pp=24&sst=? Just wondering how the wind sensor works. I don't like that the motion sensor is battery operated just another thing to keep up with.
Installed the bluetooth option on our 2018 UMB. However, because we have awning legs that lock in place the auto retract feature isn't used. It sure is nice being able to operate it with the phone rather than having to open the passenger door to get at the switch. Also like the ability to dim the awning lights which IMHO are way too bright. The install was pretty easy but the instructions are not great. As I recall I had to email COC pictures of my wiring as the color coding did not match the instructions.

Klipstr

2018 Wonder FTB
Installed the bluetooth option on our 2018 UMB. However, because we have awning legs that lock in place the auto retract feature isn't used. It sure is nice being able to operate it with the phone rather than having to open the passenger door to get at the switch. Also like the ability to dim the awning lights which IMHO are way too bright. The install was pretty easy but the instructions are not great. As I recall I had to email COC pictures of my wiring as the color coding did not match the instructions.
I assume you installed this very near the original switch...

TwoClinks

2016 Unity TB
Perhaps there have been changes in the way they handle customers. That would be good. Many on this forum as well as others I have crossed paths with have not had such a pleasant experience. As for me, when I had my awning issue, I couldn't get answers. I just happened to be traveling south down the front range of Colorado (I-25) and stopped at their location in (2013) and got a bad welcome and no help.

Normand + TwoClinks:
I recently had a very positive experience with Carefree Customer Service. I contacted them through their online messaging service on their website and late the next day (Friday) I received an email apologizing for not getting back more timely with an assurance that they'd be back in contact Monday. Monday came around and early in the day I received feedback to my inquiry and I sent a follow-up message. Early on Tuesday I received response to that follow-up. We set a date in January for the next contact and I have no reason to believe it won't occur as promised.

Top Bottom