How to ?

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
I wonder if you might end up disabling the entire power locking system. The thing has a feedback so that it know what's not locked and what door isn't quite closed, etc. If you try to lock the van it will immediately reject your request if something isn't right.

xfordfan

I have an 06, I want to disable interior switch from opperating rear doors only, I can get into the back through MB keyless entry. If sombody breaks a window and hits the dash button BINGO , they are in the back. Van is used to haul tools. Have "cargo locks" installed. Cant pop lock on cargo doors With cargo locks on, they throw a deadbolt through both doors. But if sombody breaks front door glass all they have to do is hit the button to get in back. Bulkhead has also been installed behind driver seat. Thanks in advance.

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
I have an 06, I want to disable interior switch from opperating rear doors only, I can get into the back through MB keyless entry. If sombody breaks a window and hits the dash button BINGO , they are in the back. Van is used to haul tools. Have "cargo locks" installed. Cant pop lock on cargo doors With cargo locks on, they throw a deadbolt through both doors. But if sombody breaks front door glass all they have to do is hit the button to get in back. Bulkhead has also been installed behind driver seat. Thanks in advance.
Only thing I can think of is to install a hasp and padlock or some other sort of lock on the doors you don't want to be controlled by the button on the dash. It's all the same system as the "keyless entry"; if you disable one you disable the other. I think.:idunno:

mgjessop

You can try covering the connectors on the back on the rear door with tape, that way they will not unlock or lock remotely... You will have to use your key to open the rear...

sailquik

As suggested, make sure the parking brake is not set.
Then rotate the wheel until you can see the star wheel that adjusts the parking brake shoes and back it
off until it's loose enough for the drum to come off all the way.
If you have a 2500, the star wheel is accessed through one of the tapped holes that the lug bolts screw into.
Not sure on the 3500 DRW models, but there is a provision for adjusting the parking brake shoes.
Also, check the parking brake linkage where the individual rear wheel E Brake cables join the single cable
that runs to the front of the van and the parking/E brake lever.
You can back the adjustment off some, but the way is to do it at the wheels with the star wheel.
Hope this helps,
Roger

Top Bottom