Welcome to the Sprinter-Forum!

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Welcome Everyone!

The site is finally up and running in 3 days. In the next few days, I'll be adding more content to the website and continue to improve the usability of the site.

Enjoy the stay and if there's anything that you want to add or want added to site, please post them in the Comments, Suggestions, & Questions section at the bottom of the main forum page.

Thank you,
Seek

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Sorry folks. Only 3 days old, and already hiccups. I believe I fixed the posting thread problem where I had to accept/deny every single new user from posting.

Shoot off an email to sikwan@yahoo.com if there's any other problems.

Thanks,
Seek

ps. Thanks Zach.

soflo316

Seek, thanks for your efforts on this endeavor, I know it’s a lot of work. I like the layout and look forward to people registering and posting!
Todd

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Todd!

Thanks for posting. This confirms that people are allowed to post without my input. :)

Seek

L

Llarry

Well done, Seek!

I posted a reply and a photo; everything seems to work fine! :)

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Let me echo thanks to Seek for getting this set up. As the word spreads, users will come! :) --Marsha
Thanks Marsha. I can't take full credit because there are a lot of Sprinter enthusiast, including yourself, making suggestions and working behind the scenes to make this happen.

veepster

Der Newbie
Hi Folks,

Just popped in to say Hi! I am new to sprinters...just brought my new 06 home today. A great all around vehicle.:D I hope to be a frequent and valuable contributor to the forum.

Happy Sprinting;),
Veep

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Thank you,

Finally a real forum with big pictures...

The domain name is good too.
Now all i have to do is change .de to .com to get my daily Sprinter fix

I like your 02+ Benz grille, nice work on the steering wheel.
I'll have to post my pix too...

Cheers
George

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Welcome George!

Geez, you're just down the street. Thanks for the compliments and do indeed show off your Sprinter.

Thanks,
Seek

Jester

:) Thank you for starting this Seek. The California Motorcycle forum, Pashnit http://www.pashnit.com/forum uses a similar format. If you need some guidance on the trials and tribulations of using this software, he and his Tech Support crew might be good resources

Larry

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Ah yes, I've seen pashnit.com. Small world. I saw it on either thumpertalk.com or southbayriders.com. I've even seen Andy (SBR) post his problems on vBulletin. His posts date back to 2003!

Right now, I'm trying to learn as much as I can on my own since it forces me to remember it better, unless it's a really bad one. Right now the important thing to learn is to do a backup and restore.

Thanks for the tip!
Seek

Jester

Ah yes, I've seen pashnit.com. Small world. I saw it on either thumpertalk.com or southbayriders.com. I've even seen Andy (SBR) post his problems on vBulletin. His posts date back to 2003!

Right now, I'm trying to learn as much as I can on my own since it forces me to remember it better, unless it's a really bad one. Right now the important thing to learn is to do a backup and restore.

Thanks for the tip!
Seek
Yep! Especially if you switch servers. Last time Tim switched, the new host calls him and said "ah, Tim your site is gone, do you have a copy?" They managed to destroy the whole thing!

Sounds like you'll be ready!

Larry

sikwan

06 Tin Can
They managed to destroy the whole thing!
:eek:

I've used our host for a few years now and I've had good luck with them. Hopefully we don't lose everything.

Sounds like you'll be ready!
Don't tell that to Murphy.

Our host does a daily backup at around 1:00am. I don't know how extensive it is and I'm sure we'll lose a few posts in the process. The downtime to do a restore is my biggest concern. I have to go find someplace to do a mock restore to see how things go. As the information on this site grows, the restore process will probably take longer.

Seek

Top Bottom