Mass Air flow sensor code p2067 & 2068

O6sprinter

Dennis, thinks for your post. Dam!!! That's is so funny!!

I hopping no brain damage, change out the harness and the raped ape is my b****. I need to start shopping for a cougar, Miami Beach sounds like a good place to start. Can I get one delivered from Amazon? Chick's dig plan white vans, the abduction vehicle of choice.

The cost think is getting attention, along with the time. It didn't take to realize I'm going to have to know my way around this van or sell it!! I've been working on my own vehicles since my first at age 15. Now at 55 I've learned from quite a few mistakes, tool wise I'm set up. I'm a decent parts changer, not so good at spelling.

Diagnosing this strange no spark plug foreigner will be educational. I do have a autel 802. It's way better than nothing, I did see the thread from Dr.A on the DAD that just cover the sprinters, if money does start flowing back to my sprinter hating bank account I'll take a closer look.

My abductor is a work truck, it feed's are family. The wife understands the deal. ( Why the abductor is more important than her ) we were talking about dreams.

I read the thread on the gde tuned ecm, sounds like a lot of people love them.
Oddly enough the one thing I didn't like was the egr by pass. My E-250 needed catalytic converters, I had a couple friends tell me to hollow them out and keep on trucking. Apparently that's not my thing, although I do understand some of the 02-04 have a never ending egr problem, that sounds expensive.

So I'm back to abducted a cougar on Miami Beach!!
If no brain damage and I'm riding my raped ape off in sunset ( with out cougar ).

I'll move on to the a\c .

If I need a ecm I'll shoot you a email.

Thanks Dennis, I'm still laughing

SneakyAnarchistVanCamper

Reading till my eyesbleed
I suppose you could find an mb dealer or sprinter shop to test your harness (In the vehicle), and/or send out your ECM for testing. That would be the most definitive method I would think, to avoid unnecessary wallet flushes.

Dennis, I suggest the GDE tuned ecm because when I was shopping for an ecm, they were nowhere near $150 (awesome deal, good on ya). They were more like $600, so for a few hundred extra I got rid of all future skreem issues and can opt for my own security system. When I get some spare cash I might just buy one your $150 ecm's to have as a swap in tester/spare.

O6sprinter

Hay sneaky, there's no way something this expensive should be this funny. I can't wipe this $hiting eating grin off my face.

I'm gonna take up Dennis on his generosity. A buck-fifty for an ECM. I would happily write him a company check for his charity!!!!!

I still have to deal with the single key issue I have. It's like abducting 2 cougars with one van:hugs:

Thinks guys

SneakyAnarchistVanCamper

SOS diagnostics (GDE) makes sprinter keys for real cheap, my unchipped one was like $4. They would probably ship you one. There's also ebay sellers that will make and ship you a key. I'm not sure if an ECM needs to be reprogrammed with an MB Star laptop for it to work, don't think you can just swap it in.

Lee I had the same problem with my 06. The scan tool was pointing at the MAFS and EGR. cleaned the MAFS and replaced the EGR still had the
same problem would run with the MAFS disconnected.Than started checking the intercooler hoses by removing them found s slit in the hose that
goes from the turbo to the intercooler. first I patched the hose with flex tape worked for a week untill I replaced the damaged hose with new one.
PS I could not see the damaged intercooler hose by just looking removal was a must do. Hope this could help you

O6sprinter

Lowprofile, thinks for input.

I just removed the hose from the intercooler to the resonator, looked fine.
But that's not to say there not a pressure leak somewhere. I read something about a smoke test. I think I'll do some research on it. The new wiring harness should be here this weekend, so of course a side job came through today For this weekend. I'm a finish carpenter by trade, seeing money coming this way is like not owing a sprinter!! Ha ha !! Probably won't be able to change out harness this weekend.

Thanks Lee

O6sprinter

That was one of the first things I looked over, there's a lot of posts about bad resonators. I did the Carfax vehicle maintenance report on my van, it's on its third resonator now. I think the one on it is only 2 years old, it's next will be the aluminum aftermarket deal you see everywhere.

SneakyAnarchistVanCamper

In my case, visual inspection was not enough, I had to remove it to find the leak. If you still can't find it, you can spray down the boost system with soapy water and rev it, or get it smoke tested at a shop. People have reported rock chips in the intercooler.

The splice on your MAF signal wire should be opened up and re-done - that could be the problem with it. Have you tried running a new wire all the way to the MAF connector, to replace the maf signal wire?

"The wire that has been repaired is the signal wire to the MAF. I'm assuming someone was checking to see if the ECU was getting a signal. I ran a long jumper to the MAF connector back to the ECM and had continuity to all wires."

Not sure if you tried replacing the MAF signal wire from the above. We can leave the other wires alone for now, the ECM is complaining about the signal wire not returning a good signal.

O6sprinter

What up, Sneaky

I'm still focused on the wiring harness. That doesn't mean I don't have other issues. My significant other can explain them in detail over a very long periods of time, o joy.

Wiring harness.

I've owned by Sprinter for 7 educational weeks. O-joy

I grabbed the wiring harness at that firewall. I didn't squeeze it that hard. The engine died, no need of taking apart old repairs.

This truck feeds our family!!! I have a new OEM harness on the way.

Thinks guys

O6sprinter

This is getting frustrating, just changed my wire harness( I'll post some pics and how it went on the harness thread)

After the change it, it did clear the fuel temperature code. I'm still have same Mass Air codes 2067 & 2068. If I plug the sensor in the engine dies, it tires to Start. When it's plugged in only the 2068 code comes up. Unplugged I get 2067 & 2068 and it runs. I have noticed black smoke when at full throttle. I've checked all the hoses for cracks\ leaks.

Anybody have advice on what to try.

I did pull up the service record the the mass air flow sensor was changed a few months back at a dealership, I also ordered a new one it has Bosch stamped on it. It looks just like the one it came with. If anyone has a spare that you know works I'd like to buy it.

Lee

... If anyone has a spare that you know works I'd like to buy it.

Lee
Find a local Sprinter owner with your engine and ask if you can swap it in for a test?

If you don't have that option and are in no hurry, send me the MAF and I will plug it into my 2004. If it works, I'll send it back. If it screws up my truck, I'll be pissed off, but I will get over it... eventually.

:cheers: vic

O6sprinter

I'm not sure what to do next, I'm hoping someone has a extra THAT WORKS . I don't won't to mess up anything.

I guess I'll look at the intercooler next, maybe I can rig up something to pressure test it.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
MB has issued a recall because some maf issues aren't reported correctly, or at all. It is possible the codes aren't correct? Not likely though. Otherwise I would think ecu internal issue or bad contacts at its plug. Or maybe some odd ground offset that is common to new and old harness?

The Air Mass value is a calculated number for monitoring. I believe that it is very possible for other sensors to affect that. When the MAF is unplugged it triggers a number of parameters to default to a general setting.

Don't discount that other sensors may be the actual problem. Off the top of my head EGR, O2, charge air temp, boost pressure sensor, air box pressure come to mind. There are others.

vic

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
The codes mentioned are for bad signal and voltage too high. However, the maf is daisy chained with several other sensors including the egr? An internal fault in one might cause an apparent maf problem. Maybe review the wiring diagrams and try unplugging any items that share those harness wires?

O6sprinter

I tried unplugging the egr & o2 sensor the ECM pick that up. Plugged them back in cleared the codes. It didn't pickup on the breather box sensor unplug. I can't rule out the ECM.

lindenengineering

Signal voltages are too high and too low!
Hence those two codes.
My initial suggestion is to check the MAF sensor AND pin out the figures, ohms ,supply voltages more "ohming in the gloaming" plus grounding plus what's underneath--the air filter!!!!
If necessary run the rig sans A/Filter element and see if the fault returns.
Dennis

O6sprinter

I ohmed it out and check for shorts. I haven't looked for the ground under the breather box.

How hot should the ecm get, I took it for a test drive after changing the harness, it gets hot!

O6sprinter

I cleaned the ground under the breather box, No change. Tryed no air filter. I can't remember what the sensor on the breather box is called but the ecm doesn't report a code if it's unplugged. I could buy another mass air flow sensor, everybody needs three of those right. I looked at the two I have, they're both stamped Bosch and have identical part numbers as the one Euro parts are selling. Although I bought mine from Amazon.
The one that came with the truck was installed at a dodge dealership. Could it be the ECM??

Lee

Top Bottom