A puzzle for you then...

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
What determines whether a dash gets "orange on black" display like this one, or the other type "black on orange".

Does it indicate anything else?

MIG

Attachments

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Yeah, I've been thinking about it and doing some research. Can't seem to get a definite answer.

I certainly don't know it, but am curious to know what it is without getting a quick answer.

:D

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Are we talking about a rainbow effect or a definite back ground color variation?
Looking at Knockys photo left white,Right yellow? forget the blue light.
Richard.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I think he's asking more about lighter colors against a dark background vs dark colors against a light background. Then mix in colors that are easier to see versus some that are not so easy.

:idunno:

OTOH, I could be taking this too seriously. :laughing:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Thinking if I kept quite it may induce the master of Electronics out of his hibernation :thumbup:
Its simple in effect its a rainbow effect caused by refraction of different lighting sources, the LED'S actually play the game in setting of the illusion, if you turn your head at different angles you will see the image of colors move.
Or watch the lighting effect change as the van turns at different angles from it's brightest sources, not only do you have Lighting effects in the color spectrum , but it is also influenced by wave lengths as to the radiation of the Ultra Ray Light, which depends on its severity during the course of the day.
As I have full tinted windows with 98% protection from Ultra Violet lighting rays , I wound the drivers window up and BINGO , I had a full on orange light reflection , with very slight imaging of color variation caused by the Led lighting.
Sun, UV lighting plus the digital read out play with lighting effects, which should explain the rainbow effect of lighting at different angles.
PS I played with this today before commenting just to make sure I got it right, but it did give me a headache
Richard.
spectrum.jpg
With some extra thought, I re set the original focus of the photo
Look at the speedometer shadow fall starting at 5 and ending at twelve o'clock with the shadow the darkest about eight, the orange light is at its brightest on the far left its equal to the shadowing effect or similar, of the led read out panel
Dash.JPG

Last edited:

Aircraft Wrench

What is being questioned is the ODOMETER and CLOCK coloration "Orange gas tubes display segments verses the LCD Black on yellow backround" on different sprinters...like perhaps late mode to early model units????

I can see the the top photo primary speed display is Kmh while the lower display is Mph...

Just my HO!

R

Jim

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Yes, I'm referring to the display module in the dash itself.

I don't think it's simply that one is for km speedos and the other is for mph, as I've seen mph ones with orange on black.

It's probably nothing. But then again?

MIG

sikwan

06 Tin Can
So I was thinking...:D

The light on dark digital readout has better contrast and is less straining on the eyes. Very similar to what studies have shown about white lettering on black backgrounds.

The LCD type, dark on light, digital readout uses less power. Opening the driver's door will cause the readout to come on so that the driver/seller could easily read the mileage/odometer without sticking the key into the ignition.

Which is better? Don't know. I'm guessing the LCD type is cheaper to manufacture. :idunno:

SprintED

Nevermind the colour....I was more impressed with the odometer reading itself...Nearly 420,000 miles for those of you who don't do KM's:thumbup:

Ed

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Wish I knew - that's how it arrived. I've never seen another one with the black and orange this way around, anyone else?

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
Wish I knew - that's how it arrived. I've never seen another one with the black and orange this way around, anyone else?

sure enough if i remember correctly my 03 was the same as yours,when looking at my one now for the first time i thought there was something different thats what it was:hmmm:
i wonder if it can be changed id prefer the way yours is.

thanks simon:thumbup:

max..........

ps looking on ebay last night i found this one.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom