Golden Fuel System Biodiesel Conversion

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Golden Fuel converts Sprinters to biodiesel. Seems they also retune the ECM for biodiesel. Located in Springfield, MO.

http://www.goldenfuelsystems.com/products_systems_sprinter.php
One would have to do high millage to warrant the conversion as to the cost quoted on the site.
However the company has been honest in its questions when it comes down to emission and possiable problems with engine wear.If under warranty using this fuel, unfortunately your warranty would be void with DCX, if a problem came up.
Wonder when someones going to come up with a home based ethanol program or synthetic diesel using HP LPG?
Richard

KenB

Guys,
that's not for BIODIESEL, It's for SVO (Straight Vegetable Oil)... If you decide to go SVO, and have a supply you can count on, and don't have warranty to worry about, and want to go without any taxes or fuel surcharges, and want to handle alot of grease/oil including filtering, and be your own supplier.... This is for you!!!:thumbup:

It's quite doable, but certainly no mainstream affair. The Really Good thing about is that you won't be running a chemical plant as you do when you make actual BD. Also, it was pretty much SVO that Diesel was thinking of when he invented the engine we talk about in his honor.:tongue:

SVO is not for me... but I can't knock it if some people have had great experiences with it as they say they have had. :2cents:

KenB:cheers:

thefryingdutchm

he guys

just joined a couple of days ago; running a 2004 2500 sprinter on an elsbett system. so far so good. Elsbett has a lot of mileage in germany running all sorts of trucks, tractors buses, mercedes on svo/wvo.

Misthaken

I am also running an Elsbett 2-tank system in my Sprinter but it is not working well. I have been thoroughly disappointed with how Elsbett supports their (expensive) products. Neither I nor their service partner in Northern California was able to make sense of their instructions. Both of us are German and we communicated with them in German. If we get an answer at all it is almost always a 1 liner that is only loosely related to the questions we have. We have been trying to install a 2-tank system in a 2006 Sprinter but have not gotten it to work flawlessly despite the fact that their service partner has converted tons of cars using Elsbett-kits (all were 1-tank systems). They don't make a 1-tank conversion for Sprinters and the 2-tank conversion.
A friend of mine recently had a very similar experience when he tried to convert his car to an Elsbett 1-tank system. The company didn't help, was not accountable for missing parts and was generally condescending and rude.
If I had to do it over, I would find a better system or let someone (for example their Norther California service partner) custom design a system that works.
Sorry to be bashing my fellow countrymen but this system is a shameful example of German engineering.

thungwualaen

I have a Golden Fuel Systems Conversion in my 2004 Sprinter....done at 18,000. I currently have 109,000 of problem free Free driving (after warm up fuel). There is a learning curve in diagnosing filter issues, a OBD code reader is an absolute must with the ability to clear codes. I have driven all over the country and to Baja and back twice on veggie. It is a bit of a pain to deal with the mess of filtering veggie, but worth it if you do it right. Carry spare filters and off you go.

Top Bottom