Fuel prices (USA) have gone through the roof!

sikwan

06 Tin Can
It's been months since diesel has been more expensive than petrol. Before, diesel has been cheaper. Now the cheapest regular unleaded is at the $3.11 level (at least in San Jose) and the cheapest diesel is at $2.95. :wtf:

I know we're not paying the prices like those in Europe, but I sure notice a huge chunk gone every time I do our monthly reconciling.

It sure puts a damper on my weekends. :rant:

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Here in Atlanta, it is the opposite....

$2.89 for diesel, and $2.59 for regular unleaded.......what a scam.....

Some places it is lower, but this seems average.

xtraworx

Master Craftsman
Central TX price for diesel = $2.73, regular gas = $2.53. Historically, diesel is $.20 higher than regular -- about the same as hi-test.

acvr4

Just saw diesel at $3.119 in Millerton, NY. Here in town diesel it's holding at $2.949.

rvdriverca

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been months since diesel has been more expensive than petrol. Before, diesel has been cheaper. Now the cheapest regular unleaded is at the $3.11 level (at least in San Jose) and the cheapest diesel is at $2.95.

I know we're not paying the prices like those in Europe, but I sure notice a huge chunk gone every time I do our monthly reconciling.

It sure puts a damper on my weekends.

B.C. Canada .989 a liter. = to $4.31 USD a US gallon. I paid $2.879 last Friday in Sumas WA.

Hold onto your seats. Latest U.S.D.O.E. analysis is showing that gas will break $4.25/gal and diesel will brea $4/gal this summer. I'll be investing my $1200 for a bioD system. Already figured that I can make a gallon for about $1.17 usd.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hold onto your seats. Latest U.S.D.O.E. analysis is showing that gas will break $4.25/gal and diesel will brea $4/gal this summer. I'll be investing my $1200 for a bioD system. Already figured that I can make a gallon for about $1.17 usd.
Best of British luck on that one!
Better read up on how to keep it clean, or you'll be asking what went wrong:thinking: and how to fix, the poor old sprinter.
Time and experience ,go hand in hand.
Manual for the journey into the unknown.
Richard
Biodiesel and your vehicle: Journey to Forever

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
I know that, trust me, however many are ignorant, or in denial. The media and politicians also do a grand job in never mentioning it!

Our grand children will be paying the debt off we currently owe to the Chinese.

However, gas at $9.00 will bring about collapse much quicker.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I guess we complain with fuel prices in Australia too. now at AU $1.31 max a litre, for ULSD with additives.
With fuel and tax rebates only if your a company Pty Ltd is can come down to about AU $1.00 Ltr roughly, $3.85 a US gallon but again Australia has a higher wage base rate, with the benefits of living in a free democratic land.
Time for Sprinters to have revolution of the masses at the next sprinter fest, Hell I 'll even run some old film clips, from Wood stock along with the Hendrix,"Are you experienced! Sentimental Journey" and the WHO..:drool:
We could sit and enjoy a good time beer! and smoke a little weed,:crazy: experience free love:rad: and annoy the Fuzz.:shhh:
On the eve of destruction:professor:
OK lets take bets on the four dollar mark? for the 'Summer time Blues', peak demand, on the holiday break. Just watch the fuel Spike:bash:
It's just one of them days, must be the wind it's blowin real hard down under.
Richard
eve of destruction.jpg

Thanks for the link. Havent seen that one as of yet. Just got done with a 6 month contract doing BioEnergy Policy Analysis and have gotten a good working relationship with a few of the local distributors who sell commercially. There's even a nationally renowned co-op just 10 miles away.
Fortunately, my 07 VW TDi saves me from wasting my time (& $) at the pump!

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Thanks for the link. Havent seen that one as of yet. Just got done with a 6 month contract doing BioEnergy Policy Analysis and have gotten a good working relationship with a few of the local distributors who sell commercially. There's even a nationally renowned co-op just 10 miles away.
Fortunately, my 07 VW TDi saves me from wasting my time (& $) at the pump!
Think I know the one your refering to.
If the quality control is spot on for B20 which falls in line with EPA requirements for fuels , it's as equal if not better than B1 B2 Grade Diesel fuel , maybe if enough could be distributed and sold, then the refinieries might start to put in decent addatives with standard Diesel fuels
At least BP is a leader in this feild, of producing Bio Fuel technolgy
Richard.

Think I know the one your refering to.
If the quality control is spot on for B20 which falls in line with EPA requirements for fuels , it's as equal if not better than B1 B2 Grade Diesel fuel , maybe if enough could be distributed and sold, then the refinieries might start to put in decent addatives with standard Diesel fuels
At least BP is a leader in this feild, of producing Bio Fuel technolgy
Richard.
Funny you would mention BP...a good company with a great mindset. Unfortunately we dont run enough diesels here in the US to make it a financial benefit enough to implement big time.
Quality control is the primary concern with almost all of these co-ops. Most of these guys' entire lives are dedicated to this business. If QC goes out the door so does thier livlihoods. Fortunately a good deal of funding has been dedicated to biofuel refinement/distribution in my particular region (OR/WA/ID), and is gaining hold as fast as the companies are capable.
As for additives I've been running Stanadyne every other tank (and every tank in the winter). Just changed fuel filters after 20k miles...no water, and pretty clean actually. Does help with soot for sure too.

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Yesterday I was out in my minivan (22 mpg) and I noticed one gas station with regular gas at $3.57. At the same station diesel was $3.09.

Whew! :shifty: Guess my Sprinter RV (22 mpg) will be my vehicle of choice for a while.:2cents:

SilverBack

Urbane Gorilla
Would you share a little more info. on how you'd make bioD? I would be vr. interested. Here, in Asheville the bioD business is starting to slowly blossom, yet only a few stations, to my knowledge, offer it. So any related info. would be appreciated.

SilverBack

Top Bottom