Westfalia Siting!

Zach Woods

Hello -

Yesterday, Monday, 10/9/06, at roughly 4:45PM, while driving from Carlisle, PA back home to Lincoln, MA, we spotted a Westy driving southbound on Route 684 near exit 6.

Was that you?

This is the first Westfalia we have spotted on the road (we have driven by a few Airstream dealerships and seen them parked in their lots . . .).

I trust you had a good trip!

Zach

Zach Woods

Howdy Folks -

Was anyone here driving North on Rt. 95 in either New Hampshire or Maine on Saturday, 9/8/07 in the late morning or early afternoon?

While driving home from my vacation I spotted two Westys on their way north. This may just double my on-the-road sitings of Westfalias! And two in less than an hour, no less!

Zach

VanSyncro

I was that way two weeks later and saw one in the white mountains when we were there. The westy has been great! Over 20K in less than a year been in every state east of the Mississippi except for Rhode Island at least once.

Ian

Jack Van Dorn

Hey,

We are former Charotteans and have just completed a trip to New England, incuding R I, that has put us in every state east of the Mississippi at least once. We have also been to several but not yet all of the western states. We met a couple from Montana while at the airstream factory, that were tavelling in a Westfalia. They had just returned from Mexico's Yucatan and were in the prossess of going to all of the National Parks. He stated that there are over 400 such parks and sites. Ours is not a westfalia but is a 2005 Dodge Sprinter converted by Airstream. There Interstate, mid bath model. How effected is your unit by side winds? Are you planning any trips soon?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Jack
Zack is out and about on the road?? He may not respond.
side wind deflection varies on the roof design! with forward and side profiles.dependent on Model of design from RV manufacturers including the differences between a 2500 and 3500 series be it Cargo type or cab chassis variants? as to which suspension was included in the package deal.
Others also, will comment for you.
Richard

VanSyncro

The side winds aren't too bad. We mainly notice it when passing Semi's. With the upgrades it's hardly noticeable. No extended travels for awhile, baby on the way.

Ian

Top Bottom