Your other vehicle(s)?

Llarry

Llamasine driver
So what else do you drive?

I've got two BMWs: a 325iT wagon for general family car duties and an M3 coupe. I'd love to replace the wagon in a couple of years with something more fuel-efficient -- like a Diesel. Or a hybrid. Or a Diesel hybrid! :D

I bought a 2004 Toyota Tundra regular cab 4WD pickup just before taking delivery of the Sprinter and thought it was a wonderful pickup, ahtough that 4.7 V-8 was thirsty (< 14 miles per gallon for me) and I simply wasn't driving it enough, so I recently sold it at under three years old. The Sprinter is now my "pickup with a roof" (and a very, very long bed!)

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Let's see...we had/have

96 Honda Civic, 97 Chevy S10, 00 Jeep Wrangler, and a 04 Subaru Forester.

Civic was sold 3 months ago and I just sold the Wrangler about 2 weeks ago. I will miss the Wrangler :cry:, but I had to do the right thing and sell it to support another project. :D

I don't think I can sell the S10. It's an extended cab with the 4 cyl/5spd and gets decent mileage (22city/28hwy). I don't think I can ever live without a pickup.

Attachments

Zach Woods

Hey Folks -

Currently have:

1. 2005 Airstream Sprinter Westfalia

2. 2004 John Cooper Works Mini Cooper S

3. 1998 Subaru Outback Station Wagon

4. 1998 Land Rover Discovery (with on-trail modifications galore . . .)

5. 1997 VW Synchro Westfalia

6. 1976 VW Westfalia

7. 1976 MGB

8. 1966 VW Double Cab Pickup

9. 1965 Rambler American 440 Station Wagon

10. 1949 Willys Jeep CJ-3A

11. Various beat-up old motorcycles (street and dirt)

Used to have:

12. 1984 VW Rabbit GTI

13. 1967 Sunbeam Alpine

A rambling collection. Only a small percentage of which is running at any given time . . .

Zach

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Zach:

Do you own a junkyard? :D

I thought I was bad. I sold these recently...

'93 CBR600F2
DSCF0227.JPG
Everything in blue is carbon fiber, including the entire tank.

'00 Jeep Wrangler Sport
DSCF0001.JPG
A lot of work/parts went into the Jeep. I hope I don't miss it too much.

Just so that I could support this new project...

'06 R1
IMG_0635.JPG
Turning this into a Streetfighter. (don't mind the mess :eek:)

Seek

Zach Woods

Howdy Seek -

Officially, I don't own a junkyard . . .

My family has a big old barn and the vehicles that don't fit inside (in part because of my father's hobbies as well as mine) fit on the property around it.

Wish I had a garage as neat as yours! At my house I have a small and awkward garage space - at the barn I have a father who likes to move things . . .

Zach

bobbyb

'02 Wrangler red 2" lift, custom front bumper, added front cage, Moab wheels and tires from a Rubicon.

'04 Mini Cooper S, electric blue, in need of tires, any advice appreciated.

Traded a '02 Jeep Liberty in on the Sprinter.

bob

Attachments

Zach Woods

Howdy BobbyB -

I'm amused to note that we both have Minis. Not Sprinter related so maybe we should email back and forth but I would be interested in chatting thru Mini tires with you.

Drop me an email - zwoods(at)tiac(dot)net

poolmike

'05 2500 SHC
I have a classic Mini('65 Austin) on the way from New Zealand, arriving some time early Nov. And a '74 Austin Mini 1000. I haven't tried yet, but it appears that I can fit one in the Sprinter.

Here is the '65, I can hardly wait for it's arrival.

Here is the '74 Mini with my '68 Kaiser

Last edited:

BFargin1

I currently have a few cars:

1950 Cadillac Coupe 62
1965 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Convertible
1979 Pontiac Trans Am - TTops
1980 Chevy Z28 - TTops
1993 Mercedes 300CE
1995 Mercedes E320 Cabriolet
2005 Pontiac GTO

I need to sell a couple but every time I drive it I can't sell it (any of them).
All are running and in good shape. The cadillac is about to go under the knife to install a new engine/transmission combo that will make it more drivable and enjoyable.

Attachments

Lucky

Northcentral Wisconsin
My wife and I have:

2006 Sprinter 158 Cargo, Flame Red
2006 VW Jetta TDI
2005 Cadillac SRX
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
1999 BMW R1200C
1998 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

When it's January in Wisconsin, the Sprinter is a great way to take a bike to a warm climate. Toys are good.

Bob

Last edited:

Don Horner

2012 Unity IB
I used to be a car junkie. My son and I did a little SCCA racing, originally with a Toyota Starlet, then an '85 MR2, and then a VW Scirroco. The Starlet was wrecked beyond repair at Sebring and we ran out of time to go racing and got rid of the Scirocco stuff. At one time, I had 2 Sciroccos and 5 Rabbits sitting around for parts. I've had so many projects in my life I've forgotten some. Some of them were nutty, like the '66 Econoline with a Mustang V8 and C6 automatic. Part of retiring is simplifying, so all of that stuff was cleaned out.

Right before we got the Sprinter, I had a Dakota pickup, Windstar minivan, Pace Arrow Class A and my wife's Focus ZX3. We're retiring (I'm retired, she's still working) and we just didn't need to be paying for 4 insurance policies and registrations for the 2 of us. I got rid of the Windstar, Dakota and Pace Arrow and replaced them all with the Sprinter. I thought I'd miss the pickup, but I have several trailers -- 10' flat bed, 16' tandem flat bed car trailer, 6' open utility trailer and a 12' x 6' closed utility trailer. Between them, I can carry anything I've need with the Sprinter. I also have a 12' x 6' hydraulic dump trailer, but it has 12,000 pound capacity and I use my son-in-law's diesel F250 to tow that when full of dirt. I can pull it with the Sprinter when it's full of mulch. I also have a pontoon boat on a trailer that the Sprinter pulls and launches just fine.

My wife's focus was about worn out, so we replaced it with a Scion XA. It only weighs 2375 lbs., and the idea is that we can tow it with the Sprinter if we decide we need a dinghy. The utility trailer was also purchased to tow with the Sprinter to haul a golf cart and other stuff we can't seem to live without. :rolleyes:

Here's the trailer set-up, back when we still had the Focus. I want to paint it to match the Sprinter, but it will have to wait until our new house and barn are constructed.

Here's the Scion pulled up behind the Sprinter. I haven't ordered the tow bar hookup for the Scion, yet. The silver colors look like more of a match in the picture than in real life. Since this picture was taken, the Scion's windows have been tinted and some striping has been added to somewhat match the Sprinter.

So far, the longest we've been traveling in the Sprinter was 2 weeks; usually it's just a weekend. We haven't bothered with towing anything. The tow rigs are planned for when we take some longer trips. I have to have some auxiliary transportation; I have a pesky heart problem that prevents me from walking as far as I'd like.

The heart problem also prevents me from doing manual work on our property, so I've replaced my car projects with a couple of useful toys -- I mean tools.

Last edited:

frostback

junior sprinter
I thought I had a problem but some of you have me blown away.

Current Fleet

1. 2003 Dodge Sprinter 140 SHC passenger
2. 2007 VW Passat Variant 2.0t 6spd.
3. 1989 VW Syncro Tristar (work truck)
4. 1990 VW Golf GL 4 door with a 1.8T (Go fast toy for sale)
5. 1973 Steyr Daimler Puch Pinzgauer 710K ( Go anywhere toy for sale)
6. 1980 Harley Davidson FX (inherited)
7. 1970 BMW 2002 euro (hopefully sold)
8. 1973 BMW 2002 (also hopefully sold)

Regrettably selling the toys but wife says its getting out of hand. :idunno:

Derek

topless

Wichita, KS
Glad to see I'm not the only guy in here, with to many vehicles and challenged to explain them all.:cheers:

My current fleet:
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2005 Dodge 2500 4x4 Quad cab Cummins
2004 Gulfstream Vista Cruiser
2003 Mustang Cobra, modified, best 1/4 mile 10.88@135 mph
1999 Volvo V70R
1987 Chevy 1/2 ton
1968 Camaro convertible

I need to show this thread to my wife!
She thinks I am bad.
2006 Honda Ridgeline
2003 VW Jetta Wagon TDI (averages 45mpg) sweet
1971 Ford F250
1957 Chevy Nomad
1953 Chevy 210 project
and various other junk, Honda ATC 350X widowmaker, 1974 Yanmar 3 cyl diesel tractor, 1984 Arima Sea Explorer.

michigandon

My fleet

"The fleet" as of 12/19/06:

2005 Dodge Sprinter 118HC
1998 VW Jetta TDi
1973 Travco motorhome repowered with Cummins 6BT and 518 automatic overdrive transmission from wrecked '93 Dodge D250 :thumbup:
1979 Jeep CJ7 project: soon to be powered by a Nissan SD33.
195? M38a1 Jeep project: soon to be powered by a Mercedes OM616 ('82 240D)
198? Yanmar YM1510
WANT: Diesel Enfiled or other comparable diesel motorcycle. :D

I launched a campaign to phase out gasoline power in my household as much as possible last year right after Katrina hit and the price of B99 fell to .75 a gallon less than D2! :thumbup: Unfortunately the price thang was too good to last, but I still don't regret my decision. :)

1954 Citroen 2CV (project)
1968 Saab 96 (running progect)
1987 GMC 2500 Plow Truck (15" of snow yesterday)
1995 Subaru AWD Wagon (265,000. mi. and dying)
2000 Honda Insight (62mpg average 90,000.mi.)
2007 Sprinter 140 Hightop (26mpg average 3000mi.)

this thread got me thinking so i did a quick count. over 65 vehicles (bikes included) since my first in 1974 (65 VW Bug $75.) yikes!

Last edited:

Top Bottom