1st row bench in cargo - exact position Fore/Aft?

minigoogoo

Hi All,

Understanding there has been alot of discussion in the past on mounting a passenger bench in a cargo van... I'm looking to do the same.

I'm hoping that someone with a factory Passenger or Crew package can provide me with an exact measurement for the positioning of the floor brackets (front to back that is, side to side position is obviously set by the sheet metal 'channels' in the floor). For various reasons, I'd like to land this bench in the exact spot that it would have been installed were it OE.

Can someone take a measurement from a universal benchmark (say the back of the driver's sheet metal seat base) to the forward most outer lip of the 1st row floor bracket? Or from another good landmark to the centerline of the front most floor bracket bolt?

Many thanks...!

bikergar

MiniGoo

First are you related to GooGooSupreme. :bounce: (Sorry couldn't help myself)

I'm loaded and traveling right now so the measurements are the best I can do with available tools and limited access.

I have a 2008, hi-roof, 144 crew van.

The right to left measurement is from the top edge of the slider sill (not the installed cargo floor).

DSC02799.JPG

The dimensions are in inches and from the sill top to center of the hardware bolt holes. To the first hole.....7 13/16......26......44 3/8...

DSC02797.JPG

Front to back is from the recess in the front seat bases to 1-The front edge of the galvanized hardware...18 7/8...2-center of the bolt hole...21....

DSC02800.JPG

These measurements are probably not exact but are pretty close.

If you need more let me know and I'll try.

gary

minigoogoo

Actually, I prefer the standard GooGoo, as I'm not big on pecans...

Thanks so much for the info and photos. Luckily, as it turns out, the vendor doing the bracket installation has a crew van in their shop. They are going to template off of the floor in that van.

Thanks again!

minigoogoo

Found mine on Craigslist, out of the Los Angeles area (I happened to be down there at the time).

It was a new take-off from a passenger van being converted for wheelchair transportation.

I still look every now and then-- they are definitely out there (with wildly varying asking prices too...)

Benoni

Bikergar, thanks very much for these fine photos and related info.:bow: I've got an '07 144" low roof and an aftermarket convertable sofa on order. I don't know what dimensions it will need when folded down but this gives me great info for a starting point.:thinking:

Benoni

Also, I was in need of a seat, posted it here, and got contacted. I had included a phone number. If you are in need you might want to try the same approach. Not sure if he still has them.

ilikevelos

I am interested in doing this as well. Can you tell me how much clear space that leaves behind the 1st row bench on the 144 wb NVC3? Thanks in advance. I am inclined to buy a 144 but I need to be able to get a full sized motorbike behind the 1st row bench. M

bikergar

iLike

I can't give you measurements at this time, but I needed about a 2 inch relief in the back of the passenger bench for a Harley bagger. Look at this thread.

gary

twistyroad

I am interested in doing this as well. Can you tell me how much clear space that leaves behind the 1st row bench on the 144 wb NVC3? Thanks in advance. I am inclined to buy a 144 but I need to be able to get a full sized motorbike behind the 1st row bench. M
I can't give you measurements at this time, but I needed about a 2 inch relief in the back of the passenger bench for a Harley bagger. Look at this thread.
gary
I too had to cut reliefs in the back of the bench's plastic shroud, but in my case it was mainly due to the wheel chocks I chose (Baxley Sportchock). An additional consideration for me was my floor-mounted loading ramp, which when folded for travel, reduces available cargo-space length by about 14 inches (see this thread).
Still, I have hauled a BMW K1200GT and a Yamaha FJR1300 simultaneously without problem. The overall length of each of these bikes is about 8 feet.
Rock

windsprinter

So has anyone installed a bench seat mounted on the L-track load rails? I bought some bolts that have the track mount, but they don't look heavy enough. Anyone know what fittings airlines and schoolbuses use for the L-track?

ilikevelos

So has anyone installed a bench seat mounted on the L-track load rails? I bought some bolts that have the track mount, but they don't look heavy enough. Anyone know what fittings airlines and schoolbuses use for the L-track?
I am interested in this idea also since I am inclined to buy a van with a cargo floor and add a bench seat and or a pair of buckets that can be removed easily.

Top Bottom