keyless entry and slide?

JCSCHELL

2021 144 High Roof 4x4
so much for the positive reply...

Dear Cheryl,

Many thanks for your inquiry.

Following your inquiry to A.O. Klima we were sorry to learn about your situation and more than that we can not supply you with any solution since we do not have any sliding door for that model and we sell our products only to distributors, not private customers, since they need professional knowledge for the installation and they are to give the service and warranty to the customer in the field.

Best Regards

Ziv Salomon
International Marketing Dept.
Alex Original Ltd.

BESLC

Hello Cheryl,

I am sorry your lead did not pan out. That has been the case time after time in my search as well. I sent a letter to DC Customer Assistance Group yesterday, asking why the door option is not available in the U.S, I have not heard back from them. I further asked it it will be in the future, if so when? If you wish to write them as well I have the address. You can also email them under "contact us" for Dodge, then clicking on "I want customer assistance".

I will keep looking, if I hear or find anything I will let you know ASAP.

Richard, again thank you for all of your help..it is greatly appreciated!

Basically, this really sucks!

Bill

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Replying to Cheryl and Bill
Altered says' never say never, ever.:clapping:
Quote : One negative can over ride one positivity, end of quote.
Never be discouraged, because every wrong attempt when left behind you! is another step forward, taking you closer to your Goals.

Cheryl , you had a positive reply from Alex.
"Because they replied to your request for information,'you were not ignored'. although the result is not of what, "you may have wished"
This is only the first of many steps, to gain your dreams of Freedom. And this can only lead towards positivity.
"Patience is a virtue".

Bill ,If you don't get a reply from DCX let me know after six clear days and I will find out the reason as to why the Dodge can not be supplied to you as a special order from Germany, you have this option offered to you under the NAFTA agreements. from DC Germany.

Thinking out side of the square in a positive manor, can I ask both of you Cheryl and Bill, if you can ! as to how much mobility do you have?
My lead question is , would the side sliding door suffice for your requirements!or do you want the same feature in the rear cargo doors? the front doors have a solution:thinking: but , I need to know, in advance as to your options of requirements.

Without building walls of promise , I need to know from the basics, as to what each of your requirement's are, 'for entry into a van.'
I have a solution that can be done in the States. there are members who can assist with where to look and give good advise. to help you archive your Goals, don't despair because it's only from where you are looking at the moment, each step is a step towards your positive dream.
I may be down under but I know there is a solution for you. Question can the van be ordered with out electronic key assist 'manual locks' and does the Dodge have two activation Key commands ! One for locking and unlocking the front doors and the second button on the electronic command key for rear doors, I'm asking this because it's become obvious to me you don't have the entire option list for one thousand Mercedes-Benz Options.
Where you may only have one key command for all doors, then Seeks in for some work .'Hello Me' Mate'
If either of you feel uncomfortable about answering the above on an open forum then you could PM me,
I'm 90% certain this thought of mine can be done, we just need to research the best advise and option, as to having the mods done.

"Positive thought for the day"
The greatest battles you'll ever have to face
are within yourself.
If you advance confidently
in the direction of your dreams,
you will meet with a level of success
Far beyond the expected.
Today is the start of your journey follow your dream.
Richard

JCSCHELL

2021 144 High Roof 4x4
dear richard,

i know what you mean about positive:

Dear Ziv,

Thank you for the prompt reply and the information. Although not the answers I was hoping for, I'm very glad to finally be in the know because I can now move forward in search of another solution.

I greatly appreciate the assistance from both you and A.O. Klima.

Sincerely,

Cheryl

and i will give thought to your questions. many thanks to you for your interest and assistance.

cheryl

Last edited:

BESLC

Hi Richard,

To answer your questions about mobility. I am a paraplegic, as such I use hand controls for driving, I am able to transfer from my wheelchair to the drivers seat for driving. I use both a manual wheelchair and at times a power wheelchair.The power chair is a very unique power chair called an Ibot 4000.

I need the power side door operator to open and close the door so the lift can be deployed or stored. Rear entry is not an option that would work for me, especially when driving alone. There are a number of issues that make rear entry impractical for about 95 percent of wheelchair van users. Manual operation of the door is not an option either. I am assuming Cheryl needs the power side door for the same reasons, as she too would drive using hand controls after entering the van. There is no need to pursue the rear or front door options that I can see, but thank you for asking.

I have seen the keys on a 2007, they have the remote switch for the power side door on the hey, obviously it is not functional. The keys I have seen are for both the cargo and passenger 2007's, both have the side door switch button on the key.

I will let you know if and when I hear from DC, I wrote them day before yesterday. I also called, again, that went no where.

I am wondering , is there a dealer in the U.S that handles the ALex line? In looking at their link it looks like it is just europe. If they won't sell to other than a dealer, there must be a dealer here?

Again, thank you Richard, I can't say enough about how much your help is appreciated.

I am by no means giving up, just running out of options at the moment.

Thank you again,

Bill

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
hi Bill
Just a quick one, the side door solution solves my questions as to your needs, let me know when you come to a dead end with DC . I have found out a few things on the power door option but need to verify this on the German end
Have a nice Easter too
Richard

BESLC

Well I heard back from DC, to say the least I am no closer to getting any answers, attached is their reply.

Dear William :

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Group Customer Assistance Center
regarding engineering changes for the Dodge Sprinter.

The time and effort you took to share your opinion is appreciated.
Information such as the kind offered in your note is always a welcomed
and important way of getting feedback. Our product development team uses
information such as yours to determine what products customers would
like to see in the future.

Thank you again for your email.

Sincerely,

Kara

Senior Staff Representative
Chrysler Group Customer Assistance Center

BESLC

By the way, I did not recommend any engineering solutions, I just wanted to how I could obtain the power door kit or when would it be available in the U.S.

JCSCHELL

2021 144 High Roof 4x4
hi richard,

who would you recommend i talk to about the ins & outs of importing a 2007 sprinter from europe to the united states?

thanks,

cheryl

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hello Cheryl
importing a Sprinter into the States is no big deal about US $3500 U.S. I think:thinking:
But you need an export broker and some political friends to get it in as there may be a certain section that would try and block the entry before you even tried to think about bringing this in. 'not that easy'.
But under the NAFTA agreements you can legally do this as to the Sherman's act that pertains to cross border importation of vehicles into America Although DCX Has the license rights for the Mercedes come Dodge thing under certain conditions where a distributor importer can not comply to a customers request to supply a purpose built unit then a secondary compliance manufactures plate can be obtained for acceptance for having the vehicle plated to US road licenses, this is a real long thread, so I won't go into it a this point of time.

there are some minor alterations you would have to do for it to comply to US Safety requirements, I''d love to see the look on the transport guys face telling you the emission exhaust which is for Euro V is too advanced for the US side and he says replace it with the lesser one,
And then say excuse me could you just look at the end of the exhaust again to make sure you have not made mistake Sir whilst i turn on the engine just to make sure the emission check is OK and then time it for the DPF to recycle and burn his whiskers to Kingdom come.:tongue:
Head lights the latest ones have no markings for direction on them I now think they are omni directional check your Dodge headlights at the lower bottom of the lights to see if there are any arrows indicated if not then that's not going to be an issue, seat belts are OK as they are three point connection with auto adjustment.speedometer has to be in MPH or Metric with MPH Europe has this system left hand drive OK, you drive on the wrong side of the road !so does half of Europe, so you can get the wrong side if you must insist to satisfy American standards:shifty:
I'm not sure about added padding on the new Sprinters behind the A pillars or B pillars but those can be sourced from DCX as the parts are already available to you in the US anyways now that's a positive thought for the day:thumbup:
There may be other items like running lights etc,
Warranty exchange can be arranged by Daimler Benz on a case by case basis.but you get the local warranty not the European one no arguments on that because that's final no negotiating on that one. you can not be denied the warranty,unless DCX is bringing in the Sprinters on a as is where is stand alone purchase at considerable discount and wearing the warranty via the DCX division of Chrysler in the USA this is a possibility.
Dam that's a negative.
Positive steps
You could inquire from Argentina as they manufacture them as well, as Germany.
Next approach your affiliated organization for disabled councilors to assist you in this inquiry as to using their letter head, this gives a little credibility to wards your request , a local Polly could do the same in asking DCX why they can not provide you with electronic doors, as the option is available under the Vin number of your Dodge Sprinter to be.
rather than rattle on how serious are you.
Here is another thought auto sliding doors, if you live in a large city Town then try asking a company that supplies automatic sliding doors if the can come up with a system ! All it is is a hydraulic ram that has an electronic impulse to open and shut the door it can't be that hard to have one fitted lower the van with air suspension but you'll lose 'esp' and possibly traction control.
What do you think about that little lot of info.
Richard.
PS I genuinally understand your frustration cause I would buy a new Sprinter now but can not get a unit with rear seats, or lineing, unless it's a retro fit! Why Would I do that. so brining another one this time around is not so simple for me unfortunatly.

JCSCHELL

2021 144 High Roof 4x4
Richard,

I just saw your post above....thank you....!

cheryl

Dear Dr. Dieter:

Shortly, I will be required to take receipt of a 2007 Sprinter that will be useless to me.

I have a disability and use a powerchair for mobility. In July 2006, my accessible van was totalled in an accident.

I researched replacement vehicles and selected the new 2007 Sprinter because it required minimal aftermarket disability modifications and offered tons of space.

In February 2007, I placed my order and put $5,000 down toward the purchase.

In March 2007, I discovered that the power sliding door is not an option on the U.S. 2007 Sprinter. Without the power sliding door, I cannot access the Sprinter.

Disappointed but hopeful, I have made over two dozen contacts in search of a solution. Many people from around the world have helped me tremendously but still I can't find a solution. This is why I must ask for assistance from you.

I greatly appreciate your time and consideration of this matter. I will await your reply.

Sincerely,

Cheryl

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
OK Guys Now we have a lass who needs help
Which members can help!
A Mechanical, engineer and electronics.
Fitting a hydraulic ram that can be electrically operated can't be that hard.
Richard

Arne

German Sprinter Owner
I got the first answers in germany:

the Codes in Germany are:

T50 / T51: only electrical help to shut the door ( right/ left)
T55 / T56: electrical opening and closing ( right/ left)
FY9: keyless entry and slide

FY9 will not function to put it later into the car, because you need lots of parts and you get problems with the can-bus.

Greetings from germany,

Arne

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
OK Thanks Arne now we need a retro fit soulution to the problem of the said door in question
Come on guys put on your thinking hats please.
Richard

BESLC

Richard,

Regarding speaking to dealers who install power doors, I have talked to over 10, no one wants to assume the liability on a door operator that is not designed for the vehicle. Additionally no one wants to do the R&D to make an operator. They have told me in terms of time and cost it is not worth it to pursue and would cost a small fortune to develope.

I have further checked into ordering a Sprinter and having it shipped from europe or doing a european delivery then shipped, becuase it is considered a commercial vehicle, I am told it is not possible.I was told this my the european delievery people from MB.

Bill

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Bill MB told you an in-acute statement it can be imported under certain circumstances
MB has been to court over this before with collusion to collude with dealers and price fixing across border trading in the N/American sector,
They did this in Canada and got there rear kicked big time, the numbers are now at at a level where the Euro commission can act,
Note Arne did say to me there was problem with the electronic door opener due to the weight of the door, and a fix has been made for the upgraded Sprinters for Spring, so you may still be able to get it yet, My apologies that you can't find someone to take this simple operation on , as we have a company that converts MB into emergency vehicles in Tasmania who export through out Australia but not into the states for obvious reasons.
How did I get my Sprinters down into Australia from Austria not Australia
Answer Diplomatic pressure. from those who are in the know.
I'll try and find a door opener down here that could work on the Sprinter after Easter and an automatic gate opener is the perfect solution , if the make an electrical widow opener in any size then this darn door can't be that hard to do
I'm not giving up on this
Richard

Richard
frf.jpg

cheryl,

have you considered contacting the american disabilities association(
i think thats correct) you know better than me. sometimes large associations
advocating for you(with their large budgets and lawyers) can get things done that we can"t. also your US representative. calls from congressman get
large companies going

gerry

Black Sprinter

What about bringing in abc or cbs into this through your state rep. or something like that? You know DCX can use all the press on this, it might open some doors and help make this thing happen.
just a thought.
Bill

cheryl,
i am not a lawyer(just a registered pharmacist),

but it seems to me if you ordered a sprinter van with certain options
then were told they were not available afterword, it seems to me that
you should not have to take delivery and get your deposit back.

i know you had your heart set on the sprinter but that seems a better option
than having a van you can't use.

i suggest you consult an attorney

gerry

Top Bottom