keyless entry and slide?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Your welcome bill
I'm down on an island of Tassie , but will get to the dealer Saturday and find out, a little more info for you guys, I know they are being retrofitted in Australia as few order them for obvious reasons, so there is a kit! The catch is finding out how to get the numbers.
If there is a group set of MB numbers then Dodge can supply them, getting them fitted may be another problem as if they are not an option for the Sprinters in the US then you won't have a warranty if something goes wrong, with the exception of a world wide replacement of parts for the first twelve months, that warranty only works if you get the parts from a local dealer.
Fingers crossed.
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Ok I went to the rep today and asked about a kit being available to purchase for the Sprinter.
although there is a kit which retrofits into the Sprinter plug and play it's currently not available as a buy over the counter kit, it has to be ordered as a factory kit fitted in germany prior to shipment.
Our Australian rep said He can't understand why the American sector can not arrange a special order as DCX has the license to import this option it's not blocked because of a wiring program as both Sprinters in the Euro sector have right and left hand drive options for the cargo vans only, Passenger vans have the option available for LHD only but this will also be available in spring for both sides.
There is a huge back log on orders as B cut back on the manufacturing side of Sprinters due to predicted lower sales of Sprinters world wide for 2007.
My rep who is way up in the Mercedes Ranks down under, suggested that you approach the dealer and ask for a special delivery for the option , six months you may have to wait to get the Sprinter as this depends on options lengths and colors etc.
He also said to write to head office as the better preference towards getting a positive reply, rather than inquire at the lower sales ranks who may have a negative reproach to your leading questions of electronic opening doors.
I've done my best , the rest is up to you guys and gals who WANT THIS OPTION.IT CAN BE ORDERED.But you may have to work for it.
Richard

BESLC

Richard,

Thank you for all of your time and effort, it is greatly appreciated.

It is funny, I stopped by a local Dodge dealer yesterday, they had 3 2007's on the lot (all gas). The dealer indicated he had had repeated requests for the power side door option for both cargo and passenger vans. I had previously spoken to a large out of state dealer who said the same thing. If the dealers are hearing this need, why isn't Dodge and DC? Sounds like we need to start a call and letter campain to Dodge U.S.A.

Again , thank you very much for your time and all of the valuable info you provide.

Bill

PS I also heard an unverifed rumor that Sprinters may be sold by Mercedes dealrs here, as DC is close to selling for their U.S interests in DC.

BESLC

Cheryl,

Fo your info, there is a power door kit available from Braun, this will work on the 2006 and earlier. There are still 2006's available in both passenger and cargo versions if you are interested. I gave serious thought to buying a 2006 due the hassel I have had finding power doors until I saw the 2007 yesterday. It is much improved in every aspect and would be worth the wait if the door issue can be resolved. I guess I am going to have to keep bugging Dodge Corporate and DC Corporate until they get it that there is a need and a market for the power door and other options on the U.S.A. Sprinter. There are over 25 options you can get in Europe you can't get here..makes no sense what so ever.

Maybe I can order a dream Sprinter with power doors and 4x4 on a 2008..will keep hoping! At this point the wait on an 2008 is only about 7 to 8 months away.

Good luch with your quest.

Bill

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
hey richard,
any word on this thread?

I like the pictures you posted!

Brush Guard

Cheers
George
Hi George the bar is a UK unit
Here's a tip the weight factor from either germany or UK would kill the worth of the unit , to get it to the states as a single item.
I'm not sure if it would be airbag compliant???so I wont go into that one.
But something like that bar would cost about two grand US landed they are not cheap anywhere with that type of design.
It would not be such a silly idea to go to a local fabricating shop and have one custom made to fit the metal that works best is spring Stainless steel
Think about it how many houses have you seen with outside railings in polished stainless steel with all shapes and bends! every house is a custom design,so a locally made one can be done, at a price of course, but it should be cheaper than importing one.
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Richard,

Thank you for all of your time and effort, it is greatly appreciated.

It is funny, I stopped by a local Dodge dealer yesterday, they had 3 2007's on the lot (all gas). The dealer indicated he had had repeated requests for the power side door option for both cargo and passenger vans. I had previously spoken to a large out of state dealer who said the same thing. If the dealers are hearing this need, why isn't Dodge and DC? Sounds like we need to start a call and letter campain to Dodge U.S.A.

Again , thank you very much for your time and all of the valuable info you provide.

Bill

PS I also heard an unverifed rumor that Sprinters may be sold by Mercedes dealrs here, as DC is close to selling for their U.S interests in DC.
Bill there is to be a major meeting in Germany with the directors on April the 4th big time war over the endless loses on your side DR Z is not your enemy it's his baby and he has done every thing to retain the DCX corporation, but the Shareholders are demanding it be sold or broken up if corporate partners can not be found, there are changes in the wind ! Who knows a Sprinter at a Mercedes dealership would be possiable and it makes sense, because if the freightliner section is merged with another European company such as Fiat or Man etc, the Sprinter goes, Today all options are on the negotiating tables! Who Knows.

PS if someone who was involved with an affiliate organization of handicapped folk a letter from them, would have greater impact as to your requests, I think at the moment the sell off is an issue which is stalling the introduction of the offer to you, In theory Spring is when you would see the 4x4 and other options of Sprinters being available .
It's a waiting game at the moment.

Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
That's fantastic PDfs, manuals, wiring diagrams etc, now you just need some one to fit it! Once you work out the freight >or Dodge may bring them in for you, so the thread has returned a positive for you.. and not a negative, that's pleases me,
Richard,

BESLC

Hi Cheryl and Richard,

I can't get the Alex site you posted the link for, to open in English. I assume this is a company that supplies aftermarket door kit among other options. I look forward to hearing how your search is going.

I have a call into Dodge Corporate, just waiting for them to call me back. I am going to find out who I write or speak to over the door issue. I ran into a buyer today who is buying 4 Sprinters for his fleet, he is also upset over the door option being unavaialble as well as some other European options we can't get. He wanted the power door to make entery and delivery easier for his drivers.

I don't understand DC, seriously every dealer I have spoken to has commented on the door and other options DC has ommitted on this end. According to DC the U.S is the second largest buyer of Sprinter, you would think they would at least offer here what they offer in Europe....shaking my head.

I hope your lead pans out Cheryl.

Bill

JCSCHELL

2021 144 High Roof 4x4
there are changes in the wind !
so...should i be concerned about the availability of service & support from my dodge dealer in the u.s. for my 2007 sprinter? i'd hate to go through resolving the accessibility issue only to end up with an un-resolvable service issue.

thanks...

cheryl

BESLC

Cheryl,

The one issue I think that needs to be addressed is on parts availability. If there is a breakdown, how soon can parts be otained and shipped and from where? I think if the kit has all of the wiring and installation instructions, service should not be an issue for Dodge or other service people, no more so than any other power door. I would think the power door might be better installed and serviced by the company that does the lift ..another open ended question???

The one question I had, will you be driving the Sprinter? If so you need to be aware that the drivers seat contains the electronics package under it and can not be removed for driving from a wheelchair. If the electronics are removed and relocated, it voids the warranty. I plan on using a swivel seat then tranfer from my chair into the drivers seat , then driving from the vehicle seat using hand controls.

Bill

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Boys and girls wait until I come home from My trip today down on Bruny Island, I think there are some alternatives to your issues step by step
PS you must register to log in to convert to De' English
Richard

JCSCHELL

2021 144 High Roof 4x4
hi bill,

i am able to transfer to the driver's seat. i'm nervous about giving up my 6-way power seat but i'll just have to adapt/adjust. at least the 2007 comes with a telescopic tilt-wheel. at 4'11', i can always install hand-controls if i can't easily move the seat to reach the pedals. if i was the only driver, i'd install pedal extensions.

my parts/service concerns aren't for the electric sliding door but the 2007 sprinter in toto:

because if the freightliner section is merged with another European company such as Fiat or Man etc, the Sprinter goes, Today all options are on the negotiating tables! Who Knows.

JCSCHELL

2021 144 High Roof 4x4
Hello Richard and Bill,

I've received only one reply to date BUT it was a positive one! The contact is researching the matter and should know more after the Easter holiday. I will share the info as soon as I know more.

Best wishes,

Cheryl

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Don't worry to much about that one I should not have said it as the truck division is profitable
you have thousand outlets with dodge and 40 freightliner outlets servicing the Sprinter
Besides the meting today at DC Germany is still positive with staying the course, I suppose after dumping 38 billion whats a few more billion, It's tax Dodge for them anyway.
Buy one and enjoy the ride.
Richard

Top Bottom