MB Badging Conversions

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Tibor
Thats no problem it would take me the day to do them, but easy enough to do no charge. I'm happy to do my bit for you guys especially when I stir the pot like NO Lights in your Passenger van, that's a good one.
If there was enough interest I can get a price from Mercedes for a bulk buy
but I need the time to find a resin thats light to fill the back plate and flatten the the unit in one go at the moment it's trial and error
Richard

chaozz

might be cheaper if you ship them all to one
person then they can forward to others.and less work for you.
please keep us updated as the drool from my mouth wont
stop:drool:

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
That's funny chaozz,

I too am drooling.

If all goes to one person, you may be the best chaozz, as I think you are closest US person to OZ, or Tasmania, sorry.

keep me posted, I am happy now I have not put the sticker on the rear doors, this will go on.

Chaozz, do you already have a MB front grille, and if so, is it the updated kind like seek, or the older version?

I still need to tighten up an updated MB front Grille style for myself.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
True that thought has already been through the windmills of my wondering mind.:thumbup:
But I need to find out if I can get them any cheaper if so! is it worth the effort for say ten of? as opposed to sending them on an individual basis, freight does not get much cheaper as the box increases with size and weight.
Lots of things to look into today with this question , so One by One I'll do MY thing, Two by Two I'll trip the light fantastic. Three By Three to another longitude, to the Benz I shall go, Four by Four I'll land at the Desk of useless information, Five by Five you could see me Playing with tricks, Six by Six ,I might survive the day, to tell another tale.
Cheers Richard

chaozz

i have the original style grill

once you know prices etc..
i can paypal or send the money anyway you like
personally i think 20
i can then list them with google check out so anyone who wants can
get.

also once you get them all in a Box
give me lxwxh and weight i can look up
my UPS rate and even have them pick it up

chaozz

checking postal rates from here to you.
sending all to one person would be alot cheaper
20 pounds est is 115.00
where just one would be about 27.00 for
air post

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Guys
At this point I'm thinking there should a different thread to the one we are on as it's diverting from the badges etc in the normal chit chat manor.
'Group Buying' OK Chaooz Your jumping the gun a little on me, re freight rates I'll get to this a little latter on OK, cause I'm thinking and it hurts:thinking:

First off , I spoke to the Mercedes head rep and he'll let me know as to discounted prices in volume after its referred to Sydney for an OK to discount as I'm not a Mercedes stockist, also no one has done this before Honest. as its called back freighting down under and up again, gets Mercedes in a loop De Loop I also need to get a tax exempt certificate from The ATO as there is a ten percent GST tax on the thing, the price I gave you is accurate at between US $ 100.00 to $ 110.00 this is economy air freight pricing at cost no mark up no charge for cutting and shutting it weighs one pound, the time its cut down it weighs just on 1/2 of a pound, but the resin fix will send this back to one pound or a little more plus? it has to be fitted into a box warped in it's original bubble wrap to protect it, as it was sent in the bubble wrap container only Mercedes has it's own contracts with world=wide distribution, so The item would have been containerized in a safe transit section to protect the item.
So I'm not sure of the end cost, a because of the exact unknown weight and how much the cost of the resin will be? I also have to fill the void where the lighting was for the number plate, as on the Sprinter it's now a different set up, so I either re-use the waste composite material to fill the void which has to be cut also, or I can get clear plastic and cut this so LSD Lighting can be used by using the 12 volt wires to link back to the original number plate lights two of, so I still need time to resolve the little issues OK.
This particular sign is rare but it can be purchased in volume, however its not a stock item in Australia nor is it a stock item in Germany to explain Damlier Chrysler are cutting back on all inventory stocks that don't have a large turnover on a month by month basis. They may on sell twenty in a year, so one guy ordering ten or more sounds off warning bells with management. for those in business you will know what I mean.
There are four products I can get one the Sprinter insignia, two clear light ploy carbonate type head light covers, that leave those 3M stickers for dead as they give of a milk like appearance and tend to show swirl marks side windows smoked deflectors these you don't have except the narrow version that fly off once you hit 65 to 70 miles per hour as they are wider and also keep out the direct sun light you don't need to buy those clear plastic sun visors that swing towards the windows one cost out weighs the other so that another thought for you to think about, see I said it hurts to think:D .
The other is the latter grille assembly also the side protection stripe that Sprinter accessories sell I can get them to you cheaper than they can.
Howe ever This takes time to sort and an export license is required or I'll end up in trouble with the Tax boys. I need to negotiate with Mercedes-Benz for pricing, the bigger the volume the cheaper the rate.
The retail price of that sprinter sign is AU $145.00 , I got it for trade at AU$92 and a few cents haven't looked at the receipt yet. Whole sale pricing is different again , as this is based on volume and negotiations, these guys are talking because their sales are down they freely admit it.so numbers of orders in their inventory add up to higher volume better discount rates the world goes round, and my heads in spin, dam I need a coffee break.
Which ever way this runs we are looking at a max of 90 days delivery time, as to an unknown production date at the moment, My offer is 100% Genuine no mark up this is for the Sprinter-source forum only these will not be sold on eBay at the same price as you will get them for, besides I'd want two hundred each for them as to adding the labor costs plus PayPal fees which are over three percent in Australia plus other merchant fees such as Andale or what ever.
Now in conclusion to inter-bilateral relation ships between the Australian and American borders under the free trade agreement's I think we need to talk about this,to plot and plan a total course, to archive a common goal.
Also you guys cheat as to the US dollar having a higher value to your poor mates down under, not fair.
Ping me and if you want to continue with Submissions I'll set this up on another thread.
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Can't find this on Google Australia pay pal uses a different conversion rate its an old trick where there is a service charge built into the change over rate
I think you can still get money through paypal as long as the account is not a business account and the funds are tranferred via bank accounts (cash to cash). Of course, I'm not sure if this applies internationally.

Seek

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Working on this seek I have pay pal but the hazels that go with it spook me as to spamming , it's rife at your end I haven't used mine in over 16 months because of Andale an account that they refused to close and kept drawing monies from account for a service that was never used ever, they bill in British rates and to this day keep trying to access the account for forty pounds, were on Dollars Pay pal can't resolve it so it's not used, the accounts are frozen from PayPal from accessing any accounts this end.
I've sent an email to open it up again with resolution to resolve it , hoping they can stop the spoofing,
Richard

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Hey Richard:

Just have someone collect the funds here in the US and send a cashier's check to you via snail mail. It might take a bit longer for you to receive it, but at least you don't have to go through setting up an account with paypal.

I think paypal sucks (never used andale) and I hope google gives me a better alternative.

Seek

chaozz

yea if we set up a google link for people here in the USA...
we can just forward the cash to him by check..
:thumbup:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Chaooz Don't worry about the money side of it ,Lights are out so that's solved , I'm waiting on info from Mercedes for prices etc maybe My prices won't stack up on some items others May be OK , one step at a time.
Richard

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
I have just learned that MB part number for the airbag cover found above is: MA901 464 01 31 This is for the entire cover, star and rubber cover.

This is suppossed to be for the airbag equiped steering wheels.

There is a source on ebay that is selling them for $55.00. If many folks may be interested , we could set up a group purchase.

Cheers,

Tibor

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Hi Richard.....

Hi Chhaozz.....

Just curious as to any updates by chance on the beautiful rear MB emblem Richard? the :drool: has not changed....and any news on the project :bow: would be greatly appreciated.

Is there anything you need here from Stateside by chance we could source for you? I would be happy to assist if you did.

Cheers,

Tibor

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Tibor
Sorry I have been working the last week and have not had enough light in the day to finish the rear badge, to be honest I can't find a suitable fill to fill the hole with thats cheap I'm thinking sisaflex I've spelled it wrong! My minds gone blank, automotive black glue the same as in old wind screen formulations but with a polyurethane flexible base.I tried resins but the cost, forget it.
I'll go to Mercedes for the bulk price and work it out per unit once I put some sort of adhesive fill in the rear underneath the badge there is room for LED lighting ! But there is so many types to chose from I don't know so I'll send them with a chrome insert fill where the section for two lights can be installed just pull them off and do your own thing with them
I'll update later on this week with a finished photo of the unit plus where the two blanks are filled in where lighting can be installed, then you guys may come up with a solution , If I add lights this adds to the weight and cost of delivery to the USA.
PS the number plate light you have is not effected by the sign of Mercedes-Benz it sits on the blank infill where the decal fits only.
Richard.

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Cheers Richard.......

Many Thanks.......at your leisure, no worries........I was just curious, as you have time for it........

Dont pull any marathons.......

Looking forward to it.

Hope all is well in Tasz!

Thanks,

Tibor.

Top Bottom