European 2003 + headlight interchange

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Well,

I just got a reponse from Hungary, and they are $350.00 plus shipping for each of the new style headlights with the foglight option. This is way to expensive. This is from a dealers parts counter.

Have to find a more reasonable country. I think Germany will be the ticket, but have to find someone. I am weary of any from UK due to the RHD deal.

Will keep searching......others, if you have any ideas, please share.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
unless you have access to wholesale pricing do not expect chap deals even Mercedes products at wholesale pricing is not cheap those lights are not a cheap item for the cost that's involved and knowing that there are issues with them , my thoughts are towards an alternative option of custom bumpers with integrated fog=lamp lighting.
Richard

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
you don't need the whole assembly with the motor...

the lamp assembly should be around 95Euros per light with foglights and 85Euros per light without...

Search ebay for Sprinter "Scheinwerfer" thats "headlight"

or click here for a premade search...

Cheers
George

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
I think where the differences between the two is in part that the older unit has no opaque glass front, but also it has changed in it's appearance due to heat from the bulb, and UV lighting changes from age,plus a sandblasted effect from driving into dust particles over time, being a plastic type unit it makes sense these will degrade earlier than a glass unit.
Richard

This was my solution to the scratching and sandblasting problem.

Attachments

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Thanks HK Been there done that I chose the type that can be removed and re polished when needed as its the same composite as the headlight, works better no rock can get through both layers.
313 CDi (Large).jpg:thumbup:
Hey Richard...so I can see the little handles for the light covers/protectors, but any reference to where you got them and whether someone can make a pair for themselves?

Thanks,
Seek

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Seek these are genuine Mercedes Parts , however I can take them off and show photos at different angles, a plastic manufacture can make them as to the bends involved, and the little small suction pads on the side, they act not so much as a suction type cup but as a shock absorber if impacted from a rock thrown from the rear of a leading vehicle.
Its the same with the front door wind protectors, ours are different as to the US ones, but more effective works great about town no air con is required.
Richard

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Ok working on it...

Preliminary pricing for a set of two shipped UPS from Germany looks like about $300-$350 (that's the new style clear left and right headlight including the fog lights)

The Euro vs. USD exchange rate is brutal...

Cheers
George

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
just making sure there Richard,

I'm talking about a set of new style clear headlights spipped UPS insured to the US from Germany.

The 300-350 price is not for the guards you have on yours...

Cheers
George

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
George who would pay 350 for clear Light protectors?
I know what you meant
I'll be in town tomorrow I think I'll take a photo of the fog lamps so you at least know what they look like
Richard:thumbup:

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
for anybody unsure about this, here's what they look like

on top (or left):
old style "glass" non clear version without fog lights

on bottom (or right):
new style clear lights with fog lights

Cheers
George

Attachments

Last edited:

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Keep us posted George....thanks much for looking into it.

Do you know if the old style on the right, smaller picture, if I have that style, with fog light feature, if I try to upgrade to the newer style, picture on right, big picture, would it just plug and play? What I mean is the holes on the back where the bulbs screw in, is all that all the same?

What are these guards that Richard has? Is there a picture of that on an older post?

Cheers,

Tibor

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Keep us posted George....thanks much for looking into it.

Do you know if the old style on the right, smaller picture, if I have that style, with fog light feature, if I try to upgrade to the newer style, picture on right, big picture, would it just plug and play? What I mean is the holes on the back where the bulbs screw in, is all that all the same?

What are these guards that Richard has? Is there a picture of that on an older post?

Cheers,

Tibor
Gee Give a guy a break:D One thread at a time.
I went to the yard of secondhand no one wants anymore Sprinters and had a real good look at the old 98 Sprinters with the non clear glass diffuser and the next model lights with diffuser in the glass or Poly Carbonate Plastic lenses.
Ok interesting points the latter is plug and go providing you have the two way switch which integrates with the head light stalk, that's final it plugs in.
Varying colors are due to age UV lighting and a sandblasted effect depending on mileage etc.
I made a comment that these lights appeared to have a milky off white appearance from inside of the lights, "thinking because the light itself is plastic, I thought the fog-light may have burnt or changed the inside appearance?"
It wasn't until I came back home , the penny dropped as to my back number plate frame developing a similar look???? What the off white semi opaque look is not from the fog-lamp but carbon build up from the diesel engine, it's a very light Grey film surrounding the entire chrome frame inside of the unit that gives off the dull or tired look the fumes from diesel can penetrate from both light sockets and the little rubber vent tube along side of the light to let out condensation build up, in a nut sheel it's pollution, YUK.
I will run up the light frame for the headlights latter on today and show the photos part numbers etc.if you can be patient my curious friends:bounce:
And just to set the thread into tremble again for another thread, feast your eyes on this and drawl:drool:
PS it's awfully quiet today with the threads!"any comments":crazy:
Richard
DSC00310 (Large).jpg

DSC00328 (Large).jpg

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Do you know what the part number is for the chrome Mercedes logo above your plate?

This is the first I have seen tis raised chrome lettering. We also do not have the black either, just paint to match the rest of the vehicle. All I have seen so far is the stickers with the benz logo....

Top Bottom