Introduce yourself

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I went for the metal surround like what Richard is showing. It was $65 for me to paint the surround. From the comments above...

- I don't have the chrome strips at the slat ends like Richard's grille.
- I think I have the same two post receptacles for the CDI badge like Zach's, but I'll have to check again.

It's interesting that in Richard's (Altered Sprinter) picture, there's no chrome plated plastic license cover. I wanted to remove mine, but will soon paint mine to match the bumper because the temp sensor mounts on easily.

Seek

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I didn't know there was a difference. Now I'm alittle upset:censored:
I'm a little upset! Gee I meant no pun , But Gee you got the chrome license plate holder, man I have not this one it's a US custom for you guys only, Now I'm a little Jealous.
PS chrome strips for the grille Buy them from a Mercedes Vitro and pay a fortune for them or go to the local trim shop auto and do it your self for under 10 bucks, I did say I was a cheap skate, but I do look outside of the square.
"Where they is a way! I'll find it, to save a dollar, even if I have to spend ten to save a single dollar, work that one out:thinking: ?"
Richard

acvr4

Hey Guys,
My name is Andy and I'm in Sharon, CT. Single and looking :bounce:
I'm an Electrican and I was in need to replace my current work van (Dodge Ram 5.9l 1 ton) and was looking around. I was set to go with a Chevy until I started to look into the Sprinters. Well a deal on a used one(05 Freightliner 2500 HT) was found and that ended the search. I'm still working on a permant bin system in it. I finally got the insulation installed in the cargo and want to get a few other thing done but the weather been a little rough (very cold) since I got it and I can't put it in my garage (hi-top).
This forum is great and looking to learn as much as possible here :thumbup:

Andy

Last edited:

jriordan

Hi Everyone, I am Jim Riordan. My wife and I have our own product development and marketing business and have for 25 years. My hobbies are aerobatic flying, motorcycle riding, building custom roadsters from scratch, playing music, camping and trying to fly aerobatic RC helicopters. Trust me it is much easier flying from inside the plane/helicopter. My wife's hobbies are quilting, sewing and camping. I am the person who was asked by the local Dodge Sprinter dealer to design the Sprinter turbo resonator eliminator. You can see photos of our Sprinter motor home and other hobbies/products on our website at riordanco.com. We are located in Cameron Park, California and absolutely love our Sprinter with its Forest River MB Cruiser conversion. We have been fortunate to not have suffered any problems with our unit at all other than replacing the resonator with our own part. Other than that, it gets about 19.5 mpg average and out of all the motor homes, from small to huge, that we have had over the years, we like this one the best.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Jim
Welcome ! I just prior to viewing this thread as I linked your turbo redesign, into another thread as to what you stated, briefly it had been discussed a few times in other threads, pop in and have a brief look at it, I'd like to ask you a question , as these are not an Issue in Australia.
Follow this link which will guide you into the one,'I would like to ask a question' as to the many failures across the states, as to this part.
Pet Peeves with your Sprinter - Page 3 - Sprinter-Forum.com
Richard

Last edited:

JamesM

Hello. My name is James but I've been called "Chip" since birth which was quite some time ago. I have had some type of full size van since 1977 which has mainly been used for hauling dirt bikes until 2001 when the whole family took up mountain biking (including my identical twin sons who now have their own families). My wife and I are avid mountain bikers and have traveled from our home in Colorado to many states including as far as Oregon and North Carolina to engage in this activity. Our new '06 140 passenger Sprinter has been set up to carry the bicycles and motorcycles and is considered pretty much community property for use by family members as needed.

I just installed a set of Koni shocks and struts from The Sprinter Store (Upscale Automotive) and am very pleased with the results. John's recomended settings seem spot on. They cured what I felt was excessive float and improved handling without adding harshness.

My daily driver since 1986 has been some sort of lightly modifided Jeep Wrangler (currently an 04 Rubicon). Over the years we have done most off road trails in Colorado and Utah but that has slowed a lot with the current focus on biking.

I have already benefited from the experience of others on this site and look forward to future participation.

chaozz

i was thinking of changing the struts also.
when i get behind a Semi it wants to push me from side
to side

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Me too Chaozz,

A group buy would be great on 4 way Koni's, struts, and the heavyduty rear stabilizer bar I have read about. Any interested in these parts?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
i was thinking of changing the struts also.
when i get behind a Semi it wants to push me from side
to side
Me too Chaozz,

A group buy would be great on 4 way Koni's, struts, and the heavyduty rear stabilizer bar I have read about. Any interested in these parts?
Hi Guys how about a chit chat on the subject following this link please
HK ran it, and Andy has a PDF on the subject.

Sway bar discussion - Sprinter-Forum.com
Cheers
Richard

Aircraft Wrench

Greetings!

I'm Jim Barker, married with a daughter. I am an aircraft mechanic specializing in vibration analysis and propeller balancing. I just bought a new 2006 140 SHC cargo from Roanoke Motors in ILL. Drove 430 miles the first day and I LOVE IT!! (used 3/4 tank) we will be fitting the interior front 1/2 for seating/RV and the aft half for work space/tools. I road trip (for two to three weeks at a shot) around the US performing services and analysis and we home school so thats why the front half/rear half!
I'm looking forward to bio diesel and turbo whistle (I'll be replacing the resonator soon!) (and balancing the drive shaft)
Best regards!

Jim Barker
www.aviationvibes.com

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Good to have you here. Perhaps your expertise will assist some of us. I expect it takes quite a bit of your sort of expertise to balance the drive shaft.

Photos of your improvements to the interior will be lookd forward to by many of us.

KenB

Howdy to All Y'All,
:professor: (texans say "Y'All" (yuh-Awl), Oklahomans say "All Y-All") . I am an Oklahoman, not an Okie. Okies (like Arkies - Arkansans or Arkansawyers that moved away from hard times in Arkansas) usually left dust-bowl Oklahoma and went to LA-LA Land or some other part of California... Okie and Arkie are derrogatorey to me... enough about the distant past. :professor:

Yukon, Oklahoma, USA (Oklahoma ranges from Hills and Woods in the East to nearly desert-like and otherwise flat in parts of the west). Yukon is right in the middle by OKC (Oklahoma City, OK). My great grandad Roebuck was a ranch hand (prior to statehood in 1907, happy Statehood Centennial OKLAHOMA!!) for Will Rogers' family, the great american humorist, newspaper columnist, Roper, and movie star. Our 2 main airports are named after Will Rogers and Wiley Post, both of these famous Oklahomans died in a tragic Aiplane CRASH in Alaska... Wiley Post invented the high-altitude flight suit (pre-cursor to the space suit).:thinking: Part American Indian, German, English, Irish, Dutch... but not very much.

Proud owner of a 2004 2500HC MWB, Dodge Sprinter Wagon (passenger), Arctic White paint, white M.B. grill, badges, hub caps on 16" steel wheels. All Dodge badges removed with Un-Do (best adhesive remover found during project). Goof-Off, Prep-All and others not so good. Bought my 2004 Sprinter in OKC in September 2005 (624 dealer Miles, but bought as new) and got a discount of about $6-7K (US $'s). 10 passenger seats, but got the dealer to agree to put a third seat rail in the floor so that the wide 3-seat bench goes in ahead of the 2-seat row... I can now just take the 2-seater out for maximum cargo in the back.:rad: Also can move the 3-seater back to the rear if i want to.

My name is Kenneth Baker, I was born and raised in Oklahoma, have my B.S. in Petroleum engineering Technology from Oklahoma State University ('84) and then moved to Dallas (the Big "D") Texas for 13 years to learn IBM Mainframe computer technology and came back to Oklahoma as soon as I could find a job in mainframe security (my chosen specialty). My two weeks in the oil-fields after college were about as scary as you can imagine (guys smoking funny little pipes, drinking tall-boys (tall cans of beer), and loading HIGH EXPLOSIVES do not constitute a joke-like situation). somehow I survived 2 wks. :bow:

I learned of Sprinters by accident on the internet about 2002... I was on a trip after Odyssey of the Mind World Finals (Ames Iowa) and saw a Sprinter that was driven by a UPS driver in the middle of nowhere in the Sand Hills of Western Nebraska. We were stopped at a constuction area and talked to him while waiting for the crew to lead us through to the far side... He loved his Sprinter and was SO happy to be out of the "Big Brown Boring Box Brigade". Obviously his route was LONG and not having frequent stops, perfectly like our future trips and our reason for having a Sprinter (long miles, few stops, long life).:thumbup: I now drive mine every day.

Only after getting my wife to test drive one would she even consider buying a Sprinter (Too BIG). Now she loves it... even to drive it around town (except at night when/if she has to back it in/out of spots). My kids love being able to take alot of friends places, but the lack of adjustments on the benches for them is annoying. Too many rattles in a brand new vehicle is my main pet peeve.

I have chased alot of rattles, even in the EMPTY brand-spanking new van... We are NOT amused!!!:bash: I also had the "O" ring problem on the transmission, the lumbar supports quit within weeks, the central locking timer was schizo within days, and most of the rattles fixed (almost all by me) have almost all come back. RSN is rearing it ugly head a bit at 24K miles, and it was certainly possible when new (at 1K miles). The DEALER was just about WORTHLESS in the Rattle Fixing Dept. Ignore the problem, it's not a problem, just an problem for you sir... It's an SEP (somebody else's problem, ignore it and it will go away for ME says the dealer)...I like British literature incl. Doug Adams, JRR Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, etc.

We should have a "rattle fixer" section on this site... but I don't know how to open a new category yet!.!.!.! My dad was an oil-field worker and a trained Buick mechanic. I can do most any maintenance on any vehicle, but not engine/transmission exchanges (but i have done one on a 1987 Mitsu (vacuum hose technology "sucks") Montero with my son, it is running well, thanks for asking, but the idle function is FLAKY). :lol:

I wish I had an ODB scanner; I am not, however, made of money, nor does my livelihood require me to have one.:cry:

I have acquired full (Stainless Steel) running boards for my 140" Sprinter from Truck-'N-Vans on the internet, but the brackets don't fit the 2004 model and I have had no time to make my own... this is a job for a professional, maybe? I have learned alot about steel fabrication lately, but no time to apply the knowledge to this project.

Left handed, right brained, raising teenagers (1 High School Frosh, 1 H.S. Senior). Coaching Odyssey of the Mind for my son's team. My favorite magazine column as a child was "Ask Smokey" (car repair). I've never owned a high-performance vehicle; but, like super models, they are nice to look at.

You don't have to tell my wife I was looking at either super cars or high-performance models or vice-a-versa... she knows I can't handle either one!!!

If you're a political Conservative I am more liberal than you... If you are a
political Liberal, I am more conservative than you as well... just don't call me middle-of-the-road (or wishy-washy), every issue has its merits and I don't have to agree with an overall "agenda".

TMI, TMI..

KenB

Last edited:

Top Bottom