Sprinter get together

Just wondering how many are interested in a get together on a weekend next year?

• Total voters

mgameros

SprinterFest 2007
Sounds Good! I have already bought www.sprinterfest.com so we can have a small webite on this event. Photos and a goo writer will be needed. Anybody on the West have any good ideas to where to meet? Aslo we need to plan the West and East meeting Dates so we can figure out the SprinterFest 2007 Date.

mgameros
SprinterFest 2007
www.sprinterfest.com

mgameros

SprinterFest 2007
Sounds Good ZW. I will see who would like to meet in the west. Also will work on the site so maybe you can write something about SprinterFest 2007.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Sounds Good! I have already bought www.sprinterfest.com so we can have a small webite on this event. Photos and a goo writer will be needed. Anybody on the West have any good ideas to where to meet? Aslo we need to plan the West and East meeting Dates so we can figure out the SprinterFest 2007 Date.
:clapping:

Set it up Moses! I'm sure I can set aside some time for this. :thumbup:

I have no idea where a good place would be, but Las Vegas is one place even though I don't gamble.

Seek

Old Master

I have been a lot of places in my life, but I have never been to anything like the Carlisle, PA, Truck show/meet. Neither have I ever been to something like the proposed Sprinterfest 2007. So I have the following questions:

1. As to location, will our group of Sprinter vans have our own little section on the grounds of the large show? Or is our get-together just coincidental to the Carlisle Truck show, and we Sprinter owners will simply meet in a Wal Mart parking lot or something? I'm just trying to visualize where we'll be parked for our meet since many, if not most, of us will be actually living in our vans. Will we be allowed to camp, set up a small grill, lawn chair, awning, etc.?

2. So now we are all there, Sprinter vans parked in a semi-circle, or whatever...we have shaken hands and introduced ourselves, and now we break off into little groups and begin talking about our suspension, bio-diesel vs. regular, ideal tire pressures, etc. We open our vans up so that others can see what we've done to our beloved Sprinters, etc...is that it? Is this what one does at a Sprinterfest (or whatever fest it may be?) As I said, I've never been to one, so I don't know.

3. Will there be any organized events such as contests to award owners for...maybe best paint job, best camper van vs. "party" van...best in show, whatever. Will anyone be selling "I Survived Sprinterfest '07" T-shirts, Sprinter ball caps, etc.? Ya think maybe a local Sprinter dealership might bring a new Sprinter or two over to our site to allow our group to check them out, test drive them, etc.?

Hey, I'm just asking the membership what may happen at our Fest. It would be a long drive for me, so I want it to be worth the time and money invested in the trip...not just for me, but for everyone. So, anybody got any input concerning our '07 Fest?

John

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Hi John:

1. As to location, will our group of Sprinter vans have our own little section on the grounds of the large show? Or is our get-together just coincidental to the Carlisle Truck show, and we Sprinter owners will simply meet in a Wal Mart parking lot or something? I'm just trying to visualize where we'll be parked for our meet since many, if not most, of us will be actually living in our vans. Will we be allowed to camp, set up a small grill, lawn chair, awning, etc.?
I think this is like a first ever Sprinter Meet & Greet and the Carlisle Truck Show was/is a suggestion as a proposed place to meet.

2. So now we are all there, Sprinter vans parked in a semi-circle, or whatever...we have shaken hands and introduced ourselves, and now we break off into little groups and begin talking about our suspension, bio-diesel vs. regular, ideal tire pressures, etc. We open our vans up so that others can see what we've done to our beloved Sprinters, etc...is that it? Is this what one does at a Sprinterfest (or whatever fest it may be?) As I said, I've never been to one, so I don't know.
I think that being that this is a first ever (at least I think it is...:idunno:) Sprinter get-together, it would be like you have described except there will be a show (Carlisle Truck Show) to enjoy at the same time.

3. Will there be any organized events such as contests to award owners for...maybe best paint job, best camper van vs. "party" van...best in show, whatever. Will anyone be selling "I Survived Sprinterfest '07" T-shirts, Sprinter ball caps, etc.? Ya think maybe a local Sprinter dealership might bring a new Sprinter or two over to our site to allow our group to check them out, test drive them, etc.?
Hopefully the Sprinter Fest can grow into something like this. For now, I think it's more like a gathering of Sprinter van owners. :idunno:

Hey, I'm just asking the membership what may happen at our Fest. It would be a long drive for me, so I want it to be worth the time and money invested in the trip...not just for me, but for everyone. So, anybody got any input concerning our '07 Fest?
All good points. Like any organized festival it'll take some time and resources (sponsors) before it grows into something like you had described. The Sprinter get together is in its infancy and it's hard to tell which direction it will go.

Seek

al albanowski

Cry Baby Al
Hey

Sounds good to me. I live very close to Carlisle. Is this a wish,a thought or should I get busy,fleshing this out?

Al

Gettysburg Pa.

Old Master

Hello Al...as you can see by the posts above, we're kind of feeling our way along in this meet & greet (Sprinterfest 2007.) We've been hoping somebody from the Carlisle area could take the lead on this, at least the things that can only be done locally, in Carlisle. :clapping:

I am a newer member of this web site, so I certainly can't speak for everyone, or anybody other than me, but I will say: There are several guys and gals in this forum who are willing to support you as you organize things there. I can offer writing skills...if you need letters written, promotional documents, letters to local Sprinter dealers; any kind of forms, etc., just let me know either in here or by private message, e-mail, whatever.

Remember, I'm not speaking here for the group...I'm just one guy offering my help.

John

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

By the way, I found a link to a site showing a Northwest U. S. '06 Sprinterfest:

http://www.upscaleauto.com/nw_sprinterfest.htm

It didn't look all that interesting to me...but that's just me.

Last edited:

Zach Woods

I have been a lot of places in my life, but I have never been to anything like the Carlisle, PA, Truck show/meet. Neither have I ever been to something like the proposed Sprinterfest 2007. So I have the following questions:
Howdy John -

Good questions. Let me try to step thru them with my two cents on each.

I have been to Carlisle Events (the Import/ Kit Car shows many years ago - nearly 20, I think) and I was there as part of a LiMBO (http://www.limbobus.org/) event at the time. Then we simply entered all of our vehicles in the car show and we were able to camp in our vehicles (VW Buses) right in our judged car show spots. I understand that there have been years when that was allowed and years when that has not been allowed but it may currently have swung back to allowed more recently - but I imagine that the Import/ Kit Car show is much smaller than the All-Truck show and I'm guessing that it won't even be worth entering our vehicles into the show and that we will not be allowed to camp.

My thoughts are that we should locate either a nearby public park or campground where we could all congregate (for an afternoon to connect up and show off our Sprinters) and some of us could camp. I also am willing to look into hotel discounts via a relative who works in that business in Carlisle, PA (but I can make no promises!).

Given that this is the first (hopefully annual . . .) SprinterFest, my suggestion would be to keep things simple. Focus on making sure that the location will work for all coming, that everyone can find the location easily, and that the site is safe and legal. People will likely just enjoy meeting up and seeing other folks vehicles. Next year we can build on our first year success with even more details and scheduled happenings.

I think a T-shirt and/or a dash plaque would be great. Question is are they available for sale at cost or would proceeds go towards a fund for next years plans?

John
I'm planning on using the All-Truck show as my primary attraction (I've never been to one and I'm sure I will enjoy it - sometimes honestly and sometimes with at least a hint of a smirk on my face . . .) and I have relatives that I can also visit.

My primary suggestion for this coming summer is KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid! Success at something straight forward and simple will bring more people back to the potentially more complex event next year!

Zach

Zach Woods

This might be a good event too plan a get together.

www.carsatcarlisle.com/chrysler/index.asp
Hi Roger -

Are you thinking of a second Sprinter get together with another one happening around the All-Truck Event (http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/truck/index.asp)?

I guess my two cents are:

- Sprinters are going to fit better at an all-truck event than an all-Chrysler event (although there will be Dodge and potentially a couple of other trucks included)

- We've already started to get the word out about the August 3rd - 5th All-Truck dates for the East Coast SprinterFest so we should probably stick by it for the folks that have already marked their calendar

- It would be a shame to drain Sprinters (and volunteers to make things happen . . .) from the August SprinterFest weekend by creating another weekend for folks to attend

Again, just my two cents (maybe three?),

Zach

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I think it would be a good idea to have video over the net, to connect east and west? What do you think?
Bill
Great idea! :clapping:

Now who will provide the link? :D

Another option would be to have people take pictures or videos of this event and upload them here or somewhere for all to view.

Seek

greasy

Sprinter-ized
Anyone interested in a Southwest USA sprinter get together?
New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Etc?

SprntrStkd

Upper right corner this year, lower left corner next year...i like it and definetly would incorporate that with a trip to the Grand Canyon or Colorado or something for family fun (after i had mine)!

Top Bottom