Short Block

brianjnelson

When you order (or a dealer orders) a short block from DaimlerChrysler, What does the motor come with? Besides minus the head, does it come with the crank in? Also, Can a dealer order a complete motor for a 2006 sprinter?

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
Hi and welcome brianjnelson.

Not sure of what all IS included but certainly you would get a completely assembled block (crank, pistons etc... yes) Head I'm not sure, maybe optional?

chaozz

i think with MB they do sell a complete motor with everything
attached hoses ac/ps/ etc

personally with a diesel i would not buy a short block
if you plan to do it yourself..you would need some
pricey tools
i would guess a complete engine for one would be
around 8 grand

short block ..not a sprinter but thats what it looks like
i

Last edited:

blackctd

you can not get a short block it will be an complete engine new turbo fuel filter everything minus p/s pump and ac compressor, I am a sprinter tech and have already tryed geting a short block

chaozz

you can not get a short block it will be an complete engine new turbo fuel filter everything minus p/s pump and ac compressor, I am a sprinter tech and have already tryed geting a short block
whats the cost on the complete engine?

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
Rebuilt 612s are available from Metric Motors at http://www.mercedesengines.net/ . The currently listed prices are $7,150 for a long block and $3,950 for a short block, core required, not including frieght.

What is also interesting is the value placed on the core: $1,900. When Metric Motors first started offering rebuilts, it was on customer supplied 612 cores. That may still be the case with 647 cores. Now there must be enough Sprinter 612 motors separated from their bodies to create a market in motor cores.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom