2007 Sprinter info.?

Mike

I did a search but didn't find much on when the '07's can be ordered, or would be available. The Dodge site only lists the '06. I prefer the looks of the '07 Mercedes. I would convert logos to MB.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Hi Mike:

Welcome to the forum.

On the second paragraph at...

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/sprinter.html

New 2007 Sprinters can be ordered starting in November
Stephen White, Roanoke Motors, Illinois gave an update on the much anticipated 2007 Sprinters. They can be ordered starting in Novemver and the first batch of 1500 to 2000 will be only gasoline engined. Starting in December the Sprinters with Mercedes-Benz turbodiesels can be ordered. As previously announced they will be assembled in South Carolina once the Ladson plant is retooled and are to be sold by both Dodge as well as Freightliner. Deliveries are expected to begin in the second quarter of 2007.
10/27/2006

michigandon

2007 Dodge Sprinter with US plates:
http://www.allpar.com/trucks/sprinter.html

Cheers
George
I go right past the DCX Proving Grounds on my way to work and back every day. See all kinds of cool stuff from there on I-94 all the time. Got to see the 300s on months before they were on the showroom floors, and recently I saw a CRD powered Wrangler Sahara 4dr that I'd give my eyeteth to get my hands on! Haven't spotted any new Sprinters on the road (yet!) but I'll keep you guys posted if/when I do.

Don

Altered State seems to have lots of info on when the 07's will be availible. I would suggest contacting him. Last I heard from him is that they will be availible in May
Todd

I did a search but didn't find much on when the '07's can be ordered, or would be available. The Dodge site only lists the '06. I prefer the looks of the '07 Mercedes. I would convert logos to MB.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I need Zach, or Seek to teach me how to move one link from another to save duplicating of same type of posts it may only be for the moderators, I'll send a PM to-nite when I come home and ask him if either don't pick up on this.
Richard

Iwantasprinter

yes, I believe the previous generation tallest "high roof" is about 73" and that would have been good enough. Since I am 72" tall, the middle height roof of the new generation will be perfect and will give me a little room to have a little spring in my step (76.3"). I still can't decide on the V6 diesel or the "gasser." I was loading up my van in a hotel parking lot last weekend and another guest had his newish GM (could of been Ford or Dodge) pickup (a diesel) idleing upwind a few parking places away and it nearly gassed us out-smelled up the whole parking lot and yet it appeared to be running normally. I remembered how much I dislike that smell-but I got used to it when I had my 1979 diesel VW Rabbit. Told the wife I'd be going for a gas powered Sprinter probably unless it smelled a lot better than that. I understand the new lower sulfur fuel should take away some of the acrid odor.

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
You won't have to decide gas or diesel...for now the US Sprinters a gas only. If you're the one paying for fuel and if you do have a choice I'd go for diesel anyday at least 15% better fuel economy and not too much variation loaded or unloaded. A fully loaded gas Sprinter will drink for two...

Cheers
George

Top Bottom