Heat - On or Off nothing else

david_42

I have a 2004 Cargo and cannot get a warm setting out of the heater. If I turn it all the way off, I get cold air. One notch over & it's 90-95F. All the way up, same 90-95F. That's when it is 35-40F outside. Anyone else see this?

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
This may be normal. The coldest thermostat setting on your dial(other than the "off" click) correlates to about 62.5 degrees F. The climate system will deliver full heat until your 40 degree interior reaches 62.5 degrees then will modulate the water flow valve and maintain that temp.

You need to do an extended drive to see if that happens. If you still have hot vent temps and interior is hot then there is a fault with the climate control system.

A repeat of my old post-Bottom of blue zone is 62.5 degrees, top of blue zone is 70 degrees, 3 o'clock position(middle of white zone) is 75 degrees, middle of red is 80 degrees, top of dial is 140 degrees. Doktor A

sikwan

06 Tin Can
With the thermostat set to the 5 o'clock position, I can get the lowest heat setting when the aux heater/heat booster is off. If the aux heater/heat booster is on, it likes to go full heat as if it was at the 12 o'clock position even when it's set to 5 o'clock. At the 6 o'clock position, it likes to go full cold.

david_42

This strikes me as a rather dumb way to arrange things, as I don't care about the overall temperature, just what is coming through the vents. I'm used to systems that let you set the incoming air temperature. Guess I drive cold. I get blasted with hot air, I shut the heat off.

InnoVAN

Same experience here. All the more annoying in a passenger van.

Of course, by the end of my hour in the van it started smelling like some stinky burning flesh. Had the same deal in my Xterra. I am afraid that mice have crawled up into the vent system and baked, and are now roasting every morning. A really not too great thing to think about...

KenB

similar experiences can be had in a $65K+ Chevy Corvette... progress... NOT!!!

I too prefer a knob that does less thinking for me... I want to control the flowing air temp, not the "cabin" temp.

KenB

Top Bottom