Super High Roof Sprinter includes Westfalia fibreglass roof

Zach Woods

Just encountered info that suggests that the Super High Roof NCV3 (2007 & up in North America) Sprinter includes a fibreglass high roof designed and installed by Westfalia.

So even if the Mercedes James Cook / Airstream Sprinter Westfalia are not imported to North America on the 2007 platform there will still be 2007 Westfalias runnin' around!

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Hi Zach:

Got a link to it? I wonder why they would go with fiberglass vs metal like the current Sprinters?

Thanks,
Seek

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Zach:

Got a link to it? I wonder why they would go with fiberglass vs metal like the current Sprinters?

Thanks,
Seek
All Sprinters from 2006 March onwards new generation have fiberglass roofs with the exception of the standard roof model I think this is being altered as well .
Corrosion on the seams of the metal roof was an issue in some locations, hence the full glass roof you also have full corrosion warranty on the new sprinters even if it's the customers fault!
Richard
Glass roof.jpg

Attachments

Zach Woods

Howdy Seek -

I do not have a link - the Westfalia folks were talking about this. Looks like Richard can back it up with real "Aussie" world experience.

Now the question is: are all fibreglass roofs on Sprinters designed and/or installed by Westfalia (I am thinking this is unlikely) or is it only the super high roof version (this is what I am thinking . . .).

I did find the following (http://www.roofrackshop.co.uk/mercedes-new-sprinter-van.htm):

"Please Note: Super High Model With Fibreglass Roof Has No Roof Rack Mounting Points"

Zach

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi guys here is the info on the sprinter roofs,made a slight boo-boo saying all three roofs with the exception of the standard roof model were glass:idunno:

One the standard roof is metal
Two the mid roof model is metal the high roof model is metal the super-high roof model is glass, bonded to the sidewalls along the roof perimeter frame.

unlike the standard and high roof, which are made of sheet steel, the new super-high roof is made of fiberglass-reinforced plastic. Optionally the roof shell can be painted in body color , it is supplied by Westfalia Van Conversion, a subsidiary of Daimler Chrysler Westfalia Van Conversion produces the roof on site at Daimler Chrysler's Düsseldorf plant.
What has me beat is there are four roof heights in Australia and the top two are glass??? I've seen them both , it's a hard call to spot the difference
so maybe MB has not made up it's mind as to what the sprinters are to be, even with the new release there a MAJOR CHANGES IN MAY 2007
I'll stick to the standard height model and the next one up as I get dizzy like Lizzy when I'm up in the sky with Lucy:crazy:
At least they won't rust.
Richard
PS; Sorry for delay I'm down on Brunny Island
DSC00106(1) (Small).JPG
DSC00097 (Medium).jpg
DSC00105 (Large).jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00105largefk7.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom