auxiliary heat / coolant pump relay?

tblume

Lurker
I have the aux heat and 120 minute timer; seems like it should run and heat the coolant enough to get heat inside the van after a while but it just cycles on/off and I don't hear anything like a coolant pump running, never blows warm inside unless after the engine has run.

Any direction or suggestion helps

TIA

autostaretx

Erratic Member
probably a dead water pump.
The heater starts, tells the coolant to move.
Coolant doesn't move, so the liquid in the heater gets to 180F very quickly...
at which point the burner stops, waiting for the water to drop back down.
Repeat with a fairly short time loop.

When the engine is running, the engine's own belt-driven water pump is circulating the coolant, so the heater keeps working.

There are (old) threads on working on the electric circulation pump.
--dick

tblume

Lurker
Ah. Thanks for the reply; I'll search when I get to a real compooter, the mobile defaults to a Google search.

tblume

Lurker
$304 OEM pump.

$100 thru my friend at an import shop, probably a mcmastercar car piece. I'll post the part # when it's in my hands.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Thanks... there are old threads about pump repair (brushes) and replacement, with the Bosch part number.
Following Vic's link (above), we find this example from 2010:
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showpost.php?p=113078&postcount=4
Which said:
For future reference, the Bosch part number for the pump is 0392020026 . I ordered the pump from AutohausAZ, they are an online parts place that had a great price of --$56.31 with free shipping!!!
--dick

Kubbie

'06 2500 140" Std Roof.
I've had my Sprinter for a few years, with the last few winters mild - I never bothered with the booster.
This year I'm on a mission to have it fire. I started with the pump and picked this one up on Ebay for $62.

Came in today and went in fine (1/2 hr start to finish) - REST now works.
Just need to get that Espar to spark up...

Attachments

Top Bottom