Change odometer from miles to kilometers?

glasseye

As far as I can see from reading the owners manual, there's no way to change the US-spec T1N odometer to read kilometers instead of miles.

Am I correct?

sikwan

06 Tin Can
You can do it, but you need to source the gauge face part of the gauge cluster. Write-up for reference.

As you can see...

In KM's...
km.jpg

In Miles...
mi.jpg

The numbers line up for the tach & speedo, but you'll be reading Celsius vs Fahrenheit.

The big problem would be the digital gauge that reads miles. I don't think you can easily change.

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
there is a face plate in kms on ebay.de but the odi will still show miles not ks.

glasseye

I'm not sure I understand the answers. I don't care what the faceplate says; it will always read "miles" since it's written in plastic on the unit. What I want to do is change the digital odometer reading to kilometers. If I can change the thermometer to Celcius, so much the better.

In case you haven't guessed, this is for importing a US spec T1N into Canada.:rad:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
What I want to do is change the digital odometer reading to kilometers. If I can change the thermometer to Celcius, so much the better.
This is essentially what is being said.

If you were to get a new gauge cluster, said cluster needs to be programmed to match the parameters according to the VIN. Once programmed and tested, the cluster is "locked down," meaning it cannot be reprogrammed.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Darn. I guess I'll have to get used to working back in the dark ages again.:smirk:
For $180, I would at least contact someone with a DRBIII, like Doktor A, and ask to see if it were possible to program all the parameters and have it set to KM in the digital readout. In addition, you don't really have to have it "locked down" as the service manual says. This way you can program it KM's and then reprogram it again back to miles.

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
The Instrument Cluster's parameters must be programmed AND the new unit must be VIN 'locked down' before the odometer mileage will be allowed to be displayed on the IC's screen. Doktor A

Top Bottom