2007 MB grill (finished install)

ewxlt

Nice work... does your van have the headlight washers? Mine does and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how to install the valance/grill around those...

AHAMAYfrank

Ordered03, Owned04, Now07
ewxlt,

I installed my MB “kit” with the HL washers last weekend. After the install I now think you can grab the black plastic semi-rectangular cover from outside the valance and just pull it out against the resistance of the washer stalk negative pressure. Then unclip the cover and release the washer head. But this is what I did.

With the old headlamp surrounds unbolted I reached behind and unclipped the cover. On the top and bottom of the cover there is a tab with a round hole in it that is held on the washer head with a mating round pin. The top one has the leading edge (toward the back of the van) angled upward so it can snap back in place when you reinstall the cover. If you lift up on the top tab it flexes the plastic enough to clear the pin on the washer head and then pops off the bottom pin. After I installed my new surround, grille, and badges I reached into the hole in the valance and pulled the washer head out the hole toward the front of the van. I slipped the bottom tab of the cover over the pin on the washer head and the top one snapped into place pushing it on with the angled top tab. When I let go the system retracted into position. I thought about taking a picture but I did not.

Hope I am clear. :idunno:

Frank

Top Bottom