2010 Mercedes Sprinters

aadsprinter

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know if the sprinters we get stateside will have the same options as the sprinters in europe, i.e. sliding doors, the different diesel engines, AWD, e.t.c.:thinking:

Tribunius

In short not yet.

There will only be one engine choice, the 3L V6 diesel.

AWD, manual transmission not avaliable.

Power sliding doors unknown.

But having said that things may change seeing as Mercedes Benz will be selling the 2010 model.

david_42

The problem is the Federal crash testing. You have to do a complete set of tests for every model. Since there are three lengths, three heights, two door options and three window set, plus cargo vs passenger , that's over a hundred sets. Change the engine, redo. Change the transmission, redo. Change the cover on the glove box (I'm not kidding, Tesla ran into this), redo. Since each set of tests can involve 5-10 vehicles and the peak US sales were only 25,000...

Other countries with saner standards, get more choices.

Last edited:

david_42

Yes, it's BlueTEC and that 'complication' costs 40 horse power, about 50 lb-ft of torque and 2-3 mpg ...

All improvements over 2009. Not a bad trade-off for 6 gallons of solution every 10,000 miles.

SprinterSales

Yes, it's BlueTEC and that 'complication' costs 40 horse power, about 50 lb-ft of torque and 2-3 mpg ...

All improvements over 2009. Not a bad trade-off for 6 gallons of solution every 10,000 miles.
This is in contradiction to the information we have received from Daimler. They call this their SCR system ( Selective Catalytic Reduction )

According to their presentation, the engine will produce 185hp @ 3800 rpm or an increase of 30HP and the torque will go up to 325 lb-ft or an increase of 45 lb-ft

I've seen it mentioned in Daimler literature that this engine will produce better fuel economy but I've never seen that quantified.

bikergar

This is in contradiction to the information we have received from Daimler. They call this their SCR system ( Selective Catalytic Reduction )

According to their presentation, the engine will produce 185hp @ 3800 rpm or an increase of 30HP and the torque will go up to 325 lb-ft or an increase of 45 lb-ft

I've seen it mentioned in Daimler literature that this engine will produce better fuel economy but I've never seen that quantified.
I think you and David 42 are on the same page...:2cents:

gary

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Cause you have a Mexican produced engine and Europe has a European engine with a different engine
as an example: Demand controlled ancillary units lower fuel consumption.
The development engineers have also newly designed the ancillary units with a view to fuel economy.
The oil pump is a new for a diesel en electrically controlled vane-type supply pump;for example-something quite engines.This independently and adaptively controls it's delivery volume.requires less power to drive and thefore lowers fuel consumption marketedly.
The oil pump is fully integrated into the crankcase.
The pistons are cooled from below by oil spray nozzles,which are only activated when required to save-fuel
on
ON DEMAND:
Other ancillary units operating on an on-demand basis are the water pump-another first for diesel engines -and the alternator in both cases,this helps to lower fuel consumption
This is for European engines.
Richard

sprinter77

badboy
....found this video about safety on 2010 Sprinter :popcorn:
Handling is very good and you can see at the end of video that the brakes are excellent :thumbup:
This is a good van :smilewink:; but I still prefer the earlier Sprinter models drived for many years :smirk:
[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CETFn2tiK2Y&hl=it&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CETFn2tiK2Y&hl=it&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]
ciao :D:

Last edited:

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
Thanks bad boy, we better request a before and after shot of the tires and brake linings before I decide if my next track day will be in my Sprinter.

Top Bottom