Mad Wipers!!

WanderOften

Hello All,

I'm wondering if anyone has had this issue. I was driving in rainstorm today using the auto mode on my 08 Sprinter and suddenly the wipers just stopped. I then switched to low speed and the wipers would make three passes and then stop randomly on any angle. To keep the wipers going I had to constantly switch between low and high speed. The single-pass sweep mode would also function. Has anyone had this problem? Clues? Thanks.

Bill Flack

08 Sprinter Sportsmobile

HSS

Old thread but i found this by search because today i had the same issue. I also have a 2008 Dodge 144" Not sure if water is getting somewhere because after i stoped at a store for 20min and came back it worked normal until i drove a vew minutes then acted the same way as you said. In each possition it would make like three passes and stop anywhere on the windshield randomly.. :idunno:

Last edited:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Check the physical electrical connections and verify you have voltages on pins / wires you're where supposed to have electricity.

If it all seems good, you're going to have to get it scanned. The body control module (BCM in Dodge Speak, SAM (signal acquisition module) in MB Speak) runs the wipers, if I recall correctly. "Module" is a misleading term for "computer on a controller area network" in the vehicle.

The BCM may have a code that will point you to the culprit.

Jon

Last edited:

Let me say up front that this info is for the T1N Sprinter. It may not directly apply, but I'm thinkin' the basics of the operation have some commonality with the newer models. :idunno:

Personal comment. Reflecting upon design history it's unlikely Merc engineers didn't improve (complicate) it in the newer models some way or other.

For what it is worth. vic

055RainSensor.jpg

056RainSensor.jpg

057RainSensor.jpg

058RainSensor.jpg

059RainSensor.jpg

Last edited:

sprintguy

16+ yrs Master Commercial technician
Old thread but i found this by search because today i had the same issue. I also have a 2008 Dodge 144" Not sure if water is getting somewhere because after i stoped at a store for 20min and came back it worked normal until i drove a vew minutes then acted the same way as you said. In each possition it would make like three passes and stop anywhere on the windshield randomly.. :idunno:
Yeah , the park switch in the motor is junk ... Replace the wiper motor and assembly (only available together ) ...

Carl

Well after double posting... double deleting... dup'd this and I'm a dupa that, this should be page 60. :tongue:

060RainSensor.jpg

HSS

My Sprinter does not have the rain sensor. Today has been sunny all day and wipers work normal. Funny thing is now my Pioneer unit and 12v lighter no longer work on the first key turn like it use to. This Sprinter has a mind of its own no doubt.. :idunno:

Top Bottom