worn out Seating

isprint4you

My work belts and tools tore my seats up on my 07' sprinter. I did some research and found a website roadwire.com. I ordered a full replacement foam piece and leather seat cover set. They look fantastic!! anybody else ordered through these guys???? They had lumbar options and other stuff to seems like the only spot for sprinter seating products???

The durability of seats has concerned me since I do construction and electrical work. I have noticed that there seems to be two different materials on the cloth versions of the seats. If you get the gray cloth then the side bolsters always seem to be vinyl but if you get the black cloth you get either cloth or vinyl bolsters. I haven't been able to get a straight answer on why some bolsters are cloth and others are vinyl. The only thing I can conclude is that the early production 2008 Sprinters with black fabric have cloth bolsters and the late production seats have the vinyl.

Isprint4you, what kind of seats did your 07 have and has anyone else notice this?

mawsea

sprinter guru
When I'm stuck in traffic I get really bored sitting in my driver seat. So I ordered a ukulele from sprinterukes.com. You guys heard of them? They are great you should buy one! driving your sprinter and playing the uke is the best!

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Different material for the seats are optioned 3 of.Vinyl will stretch and eventually misshape, tears are easy to do enough or through rapid abrasion, such as to keys in back pockets wallets and dirty work kit which has grit and chemical contaminates mixed in with the days work. etc
Cloth is tough and 'High Quality' as opposed to other makes such as Ford Transit and to a lesser degree the Fiat version of the sprinter the weak point again due to items in your back pocket can cause the stitching between the cloth section of the seat, and the vinyl section on the sides to part most likely bad workmanship or mis-alignment of the sewing line:Human error rather than [poor quality material] The last time any decent Vinyl fabric was installed on a vehicle was back in the late sixty's.
codes for seats are in this pdf *A6 Vinyl Black
E7 black cloth E7 Grey two of CAA etc
View attachment 39159 08_ DodgeSprint_Opt.pdf

Why do Ford Transit upholstery materials fail, and the Sprinter does not to the same degree.
Sprinter has a firm cushion base for a tight fit not movement of material.
Ford Transit uses the the soft bum seat, and the material a lower quality material to, moves about and wears out.= Friction.
I know you don't have the Ford Transit but the quality of these vans are what you pay for at the end of the day different strokes for different Folks.
Richard

qualityair

'09 144" Cargo
Over at Sprinter-forum.de , Rennsprinter stated that MB has changed the cloth seat material for '09, among other neat changes.

I personally ordered mine with the vinyl seat, to which I'll install seat covers and replace periodically.

Last edited:

Top Bottom